TV: Gotham - FOX II

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
I think the difference between barnes, lee, and gordon getting infected was more mental than anything. Barnes was scared of the virus and I think tried to mentally hold off before it fully took effect. Where Lee wanted it because she blamed herself for Marios death. and Gordon needed it to get out of the coffin and save Gotham.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tonight is the first part of a 2 parts finale, right?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Watching the past few episodes and viewing some spoilers has me excited for season 4. We already know who the main villain is and Harley Quinn has been confirmed.

Just don't know who yet.

[spoil]Plus I have a feeling that Alfred dies. Altogether or at least for a short period. It would set up Bruce's storyline if it does happen for next season.[/spoil]

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
No no no no no no no they can't kill Butch. He's MVP

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Great episode, so many things happened. This really felt like they thought they wouldn't get renewed.

I hope Butch is not dead.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If that girl at the end evolves into Harley Quinn... :laugh:

There were some really cheesy points(even for Gotham) but overall this was well done.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This was almost a extreme house cleaning of characters, I'm thinking that there were way too many main characters.

I was almost sad to see Barbara go, first of all for the damn she's hot factor, and second of all, she was really the only completely irrational character in the show.

Lee going was no surprise at all, they've really departed from the comic book world now.

Butch as Solomen Grundy is kind of neat, I don't know why I had him pegged that way as soon as he took one between the eyes.

I was prepared to say goodbye to Bullock to be honest, he's been brilliant in this show but he's been reduced to a side kick with some great lines.

Seeing the Riddler frozen, there was a tragic emptiness between Riddler and Penguin on the dock, where you could see two characters that absolutely hate each other, and are rivals but Penguin couldn't really bring himself to kill him. But it allows us to take a break from the normal villains at the start of next year.

Goodbye Fish, you were annoying as hell and actually pretty useless, I wish you would have fallen in a wood chipper.

Alfred was a real star in this one, he framed up Batman nicely with one line. There's no life, there's no love without pain.

The last scene almost felt like they didn't expect a renewal, the Rah Al Ghul thing honestly left me feeling disappointment, he came across as just another cackling jackal.

Selena gets the whip but not much else this season, they didn't do much for her development this year, nor Ivy's except she's a 12 year old in the body of a 25 year old and dumb as a post.

Ever notice that the more villainous the female character the more cleavage that they showed, except for Barbara who's skirt gets shorter.
But by the end Lee was completely evil.

A pretty strong season, but I'm not sure I like the rush to Bruce Wayne becoming a Dark Avenger.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
That was an awesome finale. I agree that they were definitely not sure if that was going to be the last episode.

I think next season we see Jerome/Harley, more Ra's, Grundy, Red Hood, and the return (I've been waiting) of Scarecrow. Probably the final season.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Yeah, it seemed like a pretty rushed finale. At least from Bruce's and Selena's stand points. But the only ones to blame for this is FOX's stupidity. No **** you got a loss of viewership, it took you nearly an entire calendar year to air this season while taking multiple LONG breaks in between the season because of a stupid natalsgia act you brought back as a cash grab. Of course the ratings suffered and then you forced the gotham crew to make a last minute possible series finale based on that. So stupid.

Anyways...
I really like the actor for butch and while the grundy thing is a nice plot twist i really don't look forward to him being a mindless zombie idiot of a villian when he fit in pretty well as a traditional old school gangster with some smarts.

On the other end, I don't really like how they messed with the lazarus pit. Spill a cup of it on a guy and it heals his organs and closes up a giant wound / resurrects him/ I don't know man. Should have just simply put alfred into the pool and kept the traditional ressurection theme.

Barbara's not dead (or will get lazarus'd but that sounds dumb) but that was definitely a write off for awhile. This is probably how they make her sane again for gordon to eevnetually hook up with her.

Liked the selena ending with the whip and whats her face kinda passing that onto her.

Riddler/Penguin was meh. Wasn't bad but you knew they weren't going to kill each other. The iceberg lounge thing was a nice touch up, though.

The league of assassins thing actually pissed me off. They're supposed to be elite as hell. Better than the weird robot court guards and yet they couldn't kill some thugs, a girl with a flamethrower and a guy with an ice cream gun. Even gordon with the virus shouldn't have been able to take them out. Just cause he's a super stregnth freak doesn't mean he should be able to just dismantle them with zero effort.

How about Harvey Dent?
What about him? Two-face is supposed to be an accident where harvey blames batman for turning him into two face so there's no point in him being on the show now.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
What about him? Two-face is supposed to be an accident where harvey blames batman for turning him into two face so there's no point in him being on the show now.

Never said he had to become 2-face already, but they should consider bringing him back.

And the show hasn't been following the canon story so it really doesn't matter if they decide to make him change now or not.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Never said he had to become 2-face already, but they should consider bringing him back.

And the show hasn't been following the canon story so it really doesn't matter if they decide to make him change now or not.

Come back for what? Who's he gonna sue? Everyones dead or frozen in a block of ice :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad