TV: Gotham - FOX II

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The episode made for some neat drama but it's still idiotic that the virus consumed gordon and lee within seconds. Making up rules as you go is not good story telling.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
You can argue that for Barnes it was a smaller dose and it got inside of him because it dropped in his eye.

Compared to it taking longer in Barnes?

Barnes took weeks in the story to start showing any sort of super strength and such but Gordon could just rip out of a 6 foot deep grave in 5 seconds after. If you wanna use any sort of "injection logic" Come on now.

Also, Mario never showed any real symptoms for weeks/months either and Mad hatter stright up injected him.

He's also a much larger man than either of them.

So because he's fat it takes longer to consume? Because he's not taller or more muscular. :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Because​ he's bigger, it takes longer for the infection to travel his bloodstream. Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional.

That, in combination with a smaller dose and an unknown exposure (as opposed to the intentional exposure of Lee and Jim), could explain the delay.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Because​ he's bigger, it takes longer for the infection to travel his bloodstream. Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional.

That, in combination with a smaller dose and an unknown exposure (as opposed to the intentional exposure of Lee and Jim), could explain the delay.

Unknown exposure? it hit him in the face what exactly is unknown about it? His brain not realizing he had a virus? Cause he certainly found out shortly at the station otherwise and noticed his leg was healing.

Also, you can make a similar arguement to how the magically made a giant batch of the virus out of practically nothing and that it could be "watered down"

Infact i'm starting to think thats gonna be the plot for the finally. That it only works when injected and can't be passed via airborn

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Unknown exposure? it hit him in the face what exactly is unknown about it? His brain not realizing he had a virus? Cause he certainly found out shortly at the station otherwise and noticed his leg was healing.

Also, you can make a similar arguement to how the magically made a giant batch of the virus out of practically nothing and that it could be "watered down"

Infact i'm starting to think thats gonna be the plot for the finally. That it only works when injected and can't be passed via airborn
Would make sense in terms of how the plot unfolds since I don't see how Gordon and Co can save Gotham from the virus other wise.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Didn't Dr. Strange show the Court of Owls woman that it worked in the lab before he gave one of the vials to Gordon?

I think it sprays in the chamber and it wasn't injected.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
They will find a cure, it's obvious. They won't keep Jim and Lee infected.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

The actress who plays Lee keeps shooting pilots and movies. Deadpool 2 starts shortly. Even though she is married to the guy who plays Gordon she seems always to have one foot out the door on the show

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Oh yeah, for sure.

Not so sure what happens to Lee, wouldn't be surprised if she died at some point in the next episode(s).

Jim will for sure be cured though.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I would think and its a large stretch that the Virus that Lee and that Gordon took was weaponized by the Court of Owls and the cotor.

I'm pretty sure that their plan didn't involve the bomb blowing up and people taking days or weeks to go bonkers.

I do expect Lee to die, which is sad because her look of evil is great.

I expect that somehow Barbara and Jim end up back together.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Didn't Dr. Strange show the Court of Owls woman that it worked in the lab before he gave one of the vials to Gordon?

I think it sprays in the chamber and it wasn't injected.

He showed that it worked with an infected guy in a cell like 5 inches thick. Kind of different from spreading it out in the open and air born.

I would think and its a large stretch that the Virus that Lee and that Gordon took was weaponized by the Court of Owls and the cotor.

I'm pretty sure that their plan didn't involve the bomb blowing up and people taking days or weeks to go bonkers.

I do expect Lee to die, which is sad because her look of evil is great.

I expect that somehow Barbara and Jim end up back together.

Well technically...

[spoil] Lee Tompkins is alive in canon well after bruce is batman. At least in the comics last i checked.

and of course gordon will end up with barbara..they're supposed to be married and have batgirl. [/spoil]

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Few takeaways and things I noticed.

This seems awfully familiar to Scarecrows fear toxin storyline of the Arkham games.
I dont think Lee dies, but hell they killed Azrael already, so who knows.
When the gentlemen told Bruce "Find the Demon Head" Demon head translates to a certain somebody when you translate from Arabic.

EDIT: Also use scarecrow toxin in the first Nolan Batman movie.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Few takeaways and things I noticed.

This seems awfully familiar to Scarecrows fear toxin storyline of the Arkham games.
I dont think Lee dies, but hell they killed Azrael already, so who knows.
When the gentlemen told Bruce "Find the Demon Head" Demon head translates to a certain somebody when you translate from Arabic.

"Azreal" was basically a brainwash. You can have many azreal's in that respect.

also the demon head reference was pretty obvious. They mention that even in comics and cartoons aswell.

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
"Azreal" was basically a brainwash. You can have many azreal's in that respect.

also the demon head reference was pretty obvious. They mention that even in comics and cartoons aswell.

Yea, the Azreals point is very true. I really liked that Actor though. Wish he could have continued.

As for the Demon Head reference its more for the casual Batman fans to guess. Although my GF who isnt even a CASUAL fan, thought the first guy was RAJ. (I'll admit I did too)

This all being said, this is the most excited I've been for an episode in a year, probably since Episode 1 of this new Walking Dead season. Gotham did an amazing job this season, and I only hope it gets better.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I wouldn't get too excited. At least not about the league of assassins. There's no way kid bruce is supposed to know about them or at least not about Ras

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Ra's will be in the finale. Alexander Siddig was cast and they said he'll appear this season.

Doesn't actually mean it will be to face off with bruce, though. I just don't see how they're gonna tie in with him being so young unless they're going the "seek me out one day, when you're ready" crap which would be terrible IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad