Gostisbehere crosscheck on Mark Friedman (suspended 2 games)

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
It has zero place in the game. The play is dead, it's not in "response" to anything, the game is already over....it's the furthest thing from a hockey play. If Friedman is injured, which is probably the likely outcome if you replay that scenario again and again, it's even worse. You need to deter any future clowns from doing something like that.

No argument at all there. I thought I was clear on my view. I can see him getting a suspension for that easily enough.

My issue is the inconsistency. Wilson gets a 5k fine, and this gets a hearing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Seriously, what's the back story as to why Friedman is so hated by seemingly a good number of his former teammates?

Reactions: Morrison

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The consistency is baffling.

Tom Wilson aside, I remember Byfuglien doing the exact same thing to Steve Downie and pretty sure he was congratulated for it. League sent Big Buff an edible arrangement.

I guess situational refereeing isn't the only thing caught on a hot mic this year. Situational DOPS on full display.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
What if the order of events were reversed? Ghost suspended first then Tom Wilson handed a tiny fine? I feel like more people will agree with a 2 game suspension and be even more pissed about Wilson. That’s how you know they got it wrong.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It was stupid and dumb by Ghost. This whole thing with the angst against Friedman is something else.
We all know that big goof George Parros sucks at his job. He didn’t even want to suspend him for his dirty hit on Carlo but Bettman overruled him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad