Gostisbehere crosscheck on Mark Friedman (suspended 2 games)

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
It's also about being honest and not biased by the jersey.

Had Letang done that same crosscheck on Sanheim for example, Flyers fans would want Letang beat on....or suspended......ok...we would want both. So Ghost got what he deserved for what he did.

Wilson did not.

And it's so confusing because Wilson HAS the shit history AND did it to a star player. It was a layup to suspend him, and they dropped the ball.

Agreed. I thought a game or two right after Ghost did this. That's a dangerous play that others have been suspended for. It's fair.

Wilson's situation is a joke. I am all on board with the NYR calling for player safety to change hands.

Buchnevich crosschecking Mantha in the face is on the league. They let this situation erupt. Common sense stuff that they don't seem to get.

Look at this thread and the Wilson thread. Never thought I'd be on the side of Flyers, Bruins, Rangers fans...yet here we are.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No one knows for sure....but it's clear there is genuine bad blood toward Friedman unlike anything I have seen before. Having multiple people go after a former player is just odd....especially mild mannered people like Ghost, Patrick and Farabee.

Maybe Friedman sent a text to his former Flyer teammates saying, "Can't wait for the playoffs this season ... oh, too soon?"

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
This is as blatant a lie as they come.
It's 100 percent true. It got so absurd that when he was waived it went from ''there is no chance he doesn't get claimed'' to ''it doesn't matter that he didn't get claimed, NHL GM's are dumb.'' There is, was, and always be excuses for this guy and his horrible decline and play over the last few years from a few people on this site.

Don't stereotype us HFFlyers because we run you out of the forum every time you post nonsensical BS full of hyperbole.
''Run me out of the forum,'' oh that's rich. A. I'm still here homie, and B. I couldn't care less about what few group think drones have to say.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Maybe Friedman sent a text to his former Flyer teammates saying, "Can't wait for the playoffs this season ... oh, too soon?"
Will you follow the other 75% of your fans in supporting the best team in the league when Malkin and Crosby hang up the skates? Just curious.

Penguins "banter" is as awful as your organisations business history.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The sad thing is if the Flyers were fighting for a playoff spot, he wouldn’t have gotten anything. DOPE (autocorrect, but I’m gonna leave it since it works) and the league done care about player safety, as evidenced by their unwillingness to deal with Wilson in a serious manner

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Will you follow the other 75% of your fans in supporting the best team in the league when Malkin and Crosby hang up the skates? Just curious.

That 75 you mention really sticks out for me when I think of Philly for some reason. Maybe it's because 1975 is the last year they let a team club their way to a Stanley Cup.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
That 75 you mention really sticks out for me when I think of Philly for some reason. Maybe it's because 1975 is the last year they let a team club their way to a Stanley Cup.

It's almost like it's more difficult to win the cup when you aren't gifted two generational scoring talents. Who would have thought.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

tenor.gif

Damnit, man! Our CPAs have got feelings you know! Why do you have to come at them like that?!?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
This league is such a joke. This gets 2 games and maybe it is deserving but when compared to Wilson and his goonery and the stick to the face of Mantha it really was nothing. Wilson misses zero games and the person that got Mantha gets 1 game. Compared to Ghost hit those are much worse. That happened to my teams player and if that is 2 games those others should be much more.

Wilson needs to be put of this league before he seriously hurts someone or kills them. I am glad the Rangers players stepped up last night and did what they needed to do. Until the league takes player safety into consideration teams are forced to do that.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
It's almost like it's more difficult to win the cup when you aren't gifted two generational scoring talents. Who would have thought.

Not gifted anything. The team just happened to be bad at the right time. The Oilers had many more top picks than the Pens but most years those top guys weren't generational type players. Pens had 4 non playoff years in the past 30 years but those years got Whitney, MAF, Malkin, Crosby, and Staal. Crosby was won with a 6% luck of the ball in the year they had no season. 26 playoff years out of 30 isn't that bad. I don't think many organizations have better success than that.

Also even getting 2 generation talents guarantees nothing. Look at the Oilers who have only made the playoffs once in the McDavid era. They will have number 2 this season but that is with an asterisk in that weak North division. No way they make the playoffs in the East.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC

Maybe if Philly tried to play hockey instead of bashing people's heads in, they'd have won it in the last 45 years. That wouldn't be Philly though.

Reactions: sanscosm

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

Ignorant fanboy comment. Do you actually watch the game and have you been doing so for more than a couple years?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Please, no need to fight dated and ridiculous memes with dated and ridiculous memes.
Anyone who shows any emotion on the Flyers now gets benched and/or waived because AV and Fletcher want the players to be professional cucks just like them.

Reactions: ellja3

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Such a stupid action... he already scored.. the play was dead, the game was basically over so why go after him even a little bit knowing full well and Dpos was looking to show it wasn’t weak?
Terrible timing... he deserved one game just from the shear stupidity of it...

also what the heck did Friedman do to the flyers? Dropkick that hideous mascot? Some serious bad blood there

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
FWIW as a side note, Ghost has had a good year.

20 pts in 40 games...so a 41 pt pace
9 goals...so 18 goal pace

Since Feb 24th
3rd in the league in goals
20th in the league in points
16th in ES goals
1st in PP goals
11th in PP points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad