Gostisbehere crosscheck on Mark Friedman (suspended 2 games)

Bowski

Why did you wake me up from my nap?
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Would be surprised if Parros is involved in any discipline for this. He's gone by end of season due to the current Wilson backlash. Adios our moustachio goon friend!

Looks like the Hunter-Turgeon incident (not as late, but definitely after the goal), but with no injury, and Friedman is no Turgeon in the playoffs.
Suspension this season is meaningless with few games left, another max fine probably would hurt Gostisbehere more, as he struggles to salvage his failing career on a failing team.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Using the 70's and 80's as an example is irrelevant. Things like this should be punished harshly. He shouldn't be allowed to play the first 5+(and 5 would already be going soft when a player intends to injure someone like that) games of next season at the very least. It's the only way to prevent these situations instead of the typical slap on the wrist.

Wasn't really much of a shove to be honest

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It was dirtier than anything he's ever done, but fortunately didn't have a bad outcome.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just No.

Knowing Parros, this will result in a multi-game suspension, because it's not hockey play like punching a player on the ice, choking him with your stick, and pulling a players hair and slamming his head to the ice is.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think they should burn him alive for that. Just kidding I didn’t watch it. Pretty sure that’s how the dops does it.

Reactions: DisIsMyLife and Mez

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Flyers fans all agree on our board it was a stupid and dumb thing to do.

In saying that, we also wonder what is the beef between Friedman and the Flyer players. The homer announcers have said repeatedly that they don't like Friedman and this is just one example of it showing thru....or like Farabee fighting him earlier in the game.

Would be interesting to know the behind the scenes info especially because it's mostly mild mannered players that are going after him....Patrick did too.
Is Patrick a flop?

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Flyers are just mad that their GM allowed him to be picked up over Nate Prosser. They are mad he gets to be on a good team while the rest of them are stuck on the least interesting most blech Flyers team in history.

Reactions: Deku

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Stupid cheap shot by a player with a ten cent head. That being said, he isn't a dirty player so I'm not sure what the hell that is all about. Either way, at this point I have no idea what a suspendable act is anymore in the eyes of the NHL so my guess is it's anywhere from a small fine to a 3 game suspension.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Statement From The Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins are extremely disappointed that Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere was not shot into space for his horrifying act of violence tonight at Wells Fargo Center.
They already did. :O

18d5e0fbf5584e9eb57f08638ea977c6.png

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Stupid cheap shot by a player with a ten cent head. That being said, he isn't a dirty player so I'm not sure what the hell that is all about. Either way, at this point I have no idea what a suspendable act is anymore in the eyes of the NHL so my guess is it's anywhere from a small fine to a 3 game suspension.
I'm guessing nothing happens, not even an announcement.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
That is true, I've never really seen him do anything dirty before.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Watch them drop the hammer on Gostisbehere because they're embarrassed by the Wilson fallout.

It would be a very NHL thing to do.

Absolutely. I think they'll either do just that or ignore it entirely. It was pretty dirty, but what the f*** do they care I guess.

Flyers are just mad that their GM allowed him to be picked up over Nate Prosser. They are mad he gets to be on a good team while the rest of them are stuck on the least interesting most blech Flyers team in history.

Yeah they're jealous as hell that he got out. Maybe he was a dick about it on the way out--which I'd even understand. One day you're stuck 9th on the depth chart on the shitty bloated orange cash carnival that Giroux has been forced to haul around for a decade, the next evening you're playing actual NHL minutes with f***ing Sidney Crosby and Mike Sullivan. I could see Mark being a bit stoked about that and everyone else pretty envious, deep down. He gets a shot at the Cup, and he knows that. They don't have one in the Philadelphia organization right now.

Is Patrick a flop?

Sadly, uh, seems like it.

Reactions: Zen Arcade

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Absolutely. I think they'll either do just that or ignore it entirely. It was pretty dirty, but what the f*** do they care I guess.

Yeah they're jealous as hell that he got out. Maybe he was a dick about it on the way out--which I'd even understand. One day you're stuck 9th on the depth chart on the shitty bloated orange cash carnival that Giroux has been forced to haul around for a decade, the next evening you're playing actual NHL minutes with f***ing Sidney Crosby and Mike Sullivan. I could see Mark being a bit stoked about that and everyone else pretty envious, deep down. He gets a shot at the Cup, and he knows that. They don't have one in the Philadelphia organization right now.

Sadly, uh, seems like it.

I thought it was cool that the Pens let him get injured immediately so he could feel like one of the guys.

Reactions: TNT87 and BillPrep

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I thought it was cool that the Pens let him get injured immediately so he could feel like one of the guys.

His face shows it, he's been banged up. What are the stitches even from? Can't recall if I witnessed that incident or not.

The Penguins are always banged up. My working theory on that is that it's because they play the f***ing game. Work hard and tear something, go into a corner and break something, be in the mix and eat a puck. They battle pretty damn hard when they need to and are successful, but that costs bodies.

I know a lot of Pens fans have their petty gripes with the staff or whatever, but you make the playoffs 15 years straight you lose perspective on how good of a team you need to be to do that. It's a damn good and motivated team top down, the injuries aren't bad luck--usually they are a byproduct of that.

The Flyers stay healthier, because they play like goddamn mice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad