Gostisbehere crosscheck on Mark Friedman (suspended 2 games)

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Interesting timing that the two games Gostisbehere will miss will be against Tom Wilson's team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I just hope people can see that overwhelmingly, Flyers fans view this as a very dangerous play that could of had an awful outcome. Ghost deserved a 1-2 game suspension.

But given what Wilson did...and got away with given his history, and it makes everything a joke.

I think this is exactly where most rational fans would see it. It was a dangerous play where I would have been content with anywhere between a maximum fine (LOL) and what he got (2 games). But the inconsistency with the DoPS is just idiotic when not 24 hours earlier they decided that what Wilson did didn't deserve even 1 single, solitary game.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I think this is exactly where most rational fans would see it. It was a dangerous play where I would have been content with anywhere between a maximum fine (LOL) and what he got (2 games). But the inconsistency with the DoPS is just idiotic when not 24 hours earlier they decided that what Wilson did didn't deserve even 1 single, solitary game.
They were for once being somewhat consistent in a ruling given their previous discipline when it comes to punches.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Ghost with no priors and no injury on the play gets two games. Wilson has one hundred priors and ends the season of a star and gets nothing.

I’m sure many have asked, but how does anyone possibly explain this? The Rangers were right, Parros isn’t fit for purpose.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Flyers fans all agree on our board it was a stupid and dumb thing to do.

In saying that, we also wonder what is the beef between Friedman and the Flyer players. The homer announcers have said repeatedly that they don't like Friedman and this is just one example of it showing thru....or like Farabee fighting him earlier in the game.

Would be interesting to know the behind the scenes info especially because it's mostly mild mannered players that are going after him....Patrick did too.
It was a cheap hit, especially after the goal was already scored. The hatred toward Friedman is pretty obvious, so I suppose there is some serious bad blood between Friedman and his former teammates.

Reactions: deeshamrock

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The DoPS wheel landed on the correct suspension for this one.

It doesn't look like much but it was clearly a frustration move after an empty net play, and the player could've been seriously injured sliding into the boards.

You can't have players cheapshotting guys after scoring.

Of course, Parros giving 2 games for this only makes the Wilson ruling look more absurd.

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ghost, let it be said, is a joke.

I'm as big a detractor of Letang as there is among Pens' fans, but let's be clear here. There is simply no comparison. Not at the beginning of their careers, not at the pinnacle, and not now. It's highly humorous that anybody with an IQ over 50 would even think to compare the two of them. Letang has his faults, but this Ghost is an NHL nobody.

Letang was the captain of the Canadian World Jr team, and has won 3 Cups.

Ghost went to Union College. He's been in the playoffs a few times, I think.

Ghost was placed on waivers last March and went unclaimed. He has made (surprisingly) $21 million in career earnings.

Letang's career earnings are around $65 million.

I suspect this discussion ends right here.
Well said, but be careful. A high percentage of my Flyers fan brethren are Ghost truthers and think the Flyers and league have just been holding him back and he is in fact Bobby Orr 2.0

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
As a Pens fan who hates both the Flyers and the Caps, I can say that if Wilson got a $5000 fine for his antics the other night, it's dumbfounding that Gostisbehere would get 2 games for what he did.

F*** Parros. Get a finesse player in charge of DoPS and see if anything changes.

I agree with this totally!!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I just hope people can see that overwhelmingly, Flyers fans view this as a very dangerous play that could of had an awful outcome. Ghost deserved a 1-2 game suspension.

But given what Wilson did...and got away with given his history, and it makes everything a joke.

Wilson is such scum that he actually has Pens fans and Flyers fans coming together.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Wilson is such scum that he actually has Pens fans and Flyers fans coming together.
It's also about being honest and not biased by the jersey.

Had Letang done that same crosscheck on Sanheim for example, Flyers fans would want Letang beat on....or suspended......ok...we would want both. So Ghost got what he deserved for what he did.

Wilson did not.

And it's so confusing because Wilson HAS the shit history AND did it to a star player. It was a layup to suspend him, and they dropped the ball.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's also about being honest and not biased by the jersey.

Had Letang done that same crosscheck on Sanheim for example, Flyers fans would want Letang beat on....or suspended......ok...we would want both. So Ghost got what he deserved for what he did.

Wilson did not.

And it's so confusing because Wilson HAS the shit history AND did it to a star player. It was a layup to suspend him, and they dropped the ball.

100%.

I was talking with a Bruins fan before anything was handed down and we figured that despite deserving to be suspended for the rest of the season (playoffs included), Wilson would probably only get suspended the rest of the regular season because DoPS is run by clowns.

They came up so far short of the low bar.

Reactions: Tripod

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
He barely nudged him, yet there's intent? And a team that employs Letang shouldn't be making comments about defensive ability

Ya because Ghost, who's been waived is on the same spectrum as Letang.

You said some of the dumbest things I ever seen on this forum. You're an embarrassment to flyer fans everywhere.

I need to use the ignore feature more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanscosm

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
what happened with friedman and philly
No one knows for sure....but it's clear there is genuine bad blood toward Friedman unlike anything I have seen before. Having multiple people go after a former player is just odd....especially mild mannered people like Ghost, Patrick and Farabee.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Cheap shot and may have been a injury for a unsuspected player. Two games for a Flyers D is good result. He can make the Tee time arrangements since he has time on his hands.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Unnecessary and dirty play. I would of been fine with 1 game as a Pens fan.

Hilarious how the DoPS got this right but Wilson looses some pocket change.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Well said, but be careful. A high percentage of my Flyers fan brethren are Ghost truthers and think the Flyers and league have just been holding him back and he is in fact Bobby Orr 2.0

This is as blatant a lie as they come.

Don't stereotype us HFFlyers because we run you out of the forum every time you post nonsensical BS full of hyperbole.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Don't disagree with two games... But..... Shall I state The obvious haha

I'll be like the 50th Pens fan and 100th person in this thread to co-sign.

Good on the Flyers fans for coming here and fessing up that it was a dangerous play. But they're all 100% right that its a f***ing joke of an outcome given the current state of "discipline" in this league. In a vacuum this decision is fine. But we all know in context its an absolute laugh.

Should have just tackled him to the ice and punched him in the head a few times, instead.

Cant forget the bodyslam ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad