Gomez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Late to the party, but the amnesty buy outs can occur now? Gomez is CHI bound I think. They could definitely use him.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
tumblr_mbwna8wxFH1rrpsd7.gif

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
To be honest, I'd be okay with anything under 2 mil-1 year. We have the cap space for this season.

Our roster would be extremely high-risk, high-return.

Kesler, Booth, Raymond and Malhotra to bounce back from injuries, Gomez/Barker on trial contracts, Kassian and Schroeder to break out.

We could end up like the Kings and barely squeak into the playoffs, but if everything clicks for us we would be the best team in the league. Or we could end up with a lottery pick...

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
No no no no no no.... I will say this in multiple languages if I have to.

I have watched him ever since he went to the Habs. It's not pretty. Imagine Raymond at center, just less skilled, slower and absolutely no vision, willingness to use his linemates or shoot. You now have Scott Gomez. I would rather trade Luongo for Bozak than ever see Gomez here. He is that bad.

You lost me at "no vision", and "no willingness to use his linemates".

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
... "no willingness to use his linemates".

So, in other words, he's the perfect candidate to replace Kesler short-term?

(I see value at 1.5 mil or less for a single season. Offer. Move on. Anything more let the Ducks, Flames, or Hawks have him.)

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Spending $1.5m on Gomez would be worth it purely on the fact that it will finally stop Leaf fans from trying to ram Bozak down our throats with every proposal.

bigfatjoe1

Apr 30, 2011
Vancouver
Hey guys, I've been a long time reader and I am just trying to get into the whole posting idea. But in my opinion, if Gomez does get bought out I think we should take a flyer on him. He may be able to resurge his career and if we sign him for 900k whats the real risk? MGGM will look like a genius.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Are we actually considering Gomez as a secondary scoring option? Seriously people. He couldn't score against the weaker goaltending in the East, there is no way he's going to be able to on Quick, Rinne, or Hitchcock hockey systems.

We already have enough 10-15G scorers in Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, etc. that we complain insessanty enough about. If we're going to use a smurf at centre is rather save the money and give Schroeder the chance. Gomez has been done since he left NJD.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Are we actually considering Gomez as a secondary scoring option? Seriously people. He couldn't score against the weaker goaltending in the East, there is no way he's going to be able to on Quick, Rinne, or Hitchcock hockey systems.

We already have enough 10-15G scorers in Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, etc. If we're going to use a smurd at centre is rather save the money and give Schroeder the chance. Gomez has been done since he left NJD.

10-15 goals from Gomez would be fine, he's a playmaker.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

We already have enough 10-15G scorers in Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, etc. that we complain insessanty enough about. If we're going to use a smurf at centre is rather save the money and give Schroeder the chance. Gomez has been done since he left NJD.

I don't know, if we needed a filler would you rather Gomez or Ebbett? OTOH Scott had 13 points in 11 games in the ECHL this year

Edit: (though that might say more about his team mates since he's usually a 3-4 assists per goal type guy). Last time he put up those numbers in the ECHL he put up 84 in 82 in the NHL the next year.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
10-15 goals from Gomez would be fine, he's a playmaker.

If you think Gomez is going to be productive in a top 6 role on a Top 3 team, I don't know what to tell you.

I still don't understand why we're all flipping out about the second line. Kesler will be back and it gives Kass and Schroeder who had good chemistry in Chicago a chance to prove something. Everyone was so gungho on CoHo playing Top 6 last year despite proving **** all when given the chance, Schroeder is 100x better defensively and at skating, at the very least they'll keep puck out.

We have 2 80+pt men, a 50pt DMan in Edler who will likely make it again as Garrison is way more effective than Salo, a 40pt Dman in Bieksa and probably the best Top4 after NYR and two legit starting goalies. This is the exact same issue that happened last season and they won the PT without the twins producing much, can we all just calm the **** down for the first 10 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad