Gomez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Give Schroeder chance to fight for job before handing out anymore contracts. If Gillis is to take chance on Barker whats the harm in Gomez if the price is cheap. I think is best to promote from within and look for trade in meantime would be best course of action. Either way its going to be interesting start to the season.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I was a huge Gomez fan back when he played for the Surrey Eagles, so I'm pretty biased. Would like to see him here.

Then again, I still want us to get Connolly from the Leafs so my opinion maybe should be questioned.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Despite his obvious woes in Montreal, Gomez on a flyer for $2million or less would be pretty decent IMO. If we are truly desperate enough to look at Bozak, I don't see how Gomez is any worse. He's a defensive forward that is pass first, and has never been a great goal-scorer in his career. I don't see how having an asset like that on a low contract somehow hurts the team, especially with a second PP option. Perhaps read this folks: http://jetsnation.ca/2012/1/26/is-scott-gomez-hockeys-most-underrated-yes

No no no to $2m. He'd be coming here as a high risk 13th forward and jack of all trades. You can't thow $2m at these guys, if they fail you can't send them to the minors because you retain too much cap hit.

If he wants a shot to rebuild his career, 900K or so would be fine, the only risk is money if he fails and we send him to the minors. 1 year deal, chance to rebuild his career, dirt cheap contract.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Someone smarter than me needs to answer this.
Can we even sign Gomez?

http://capgeek.com/canucks/reserve-list/
It says we have 50 guys signed, but I don't know if guys like Gaunce, Corrado, and Jensen count since they're playing in the CHL/overseas.

Edit: nevermind. I cant read.
NOTE: Players denoted with "SR" --- the abbreviation for a contract "slide risk" --- do not necessarily count toward the team's 50-man limit, meaning a team may appear over the 50-man limit when it is not. See our FAQ for more details.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Can anyone name another forward with 2 goals in his last season that was offered over a million dollars?

Ill admit Im somewhat intrigued by this discussion but any offer over the league minimum is insane. What the hell are you people smoking?

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Your coach was getting interviewed seconds ago on RDS and when they told him Gomez is free for your team to get picked, Vignault said:''We might pass on that 1'' while laughing.

Crows*

@RenLavoieRDS: On connait maintenant la position des Canucks sur Scott Gomez. Alain Vigneault: "je pense qu'on va passer notre tour," a-t-il dit à l'AC.

@ RenLavoieRDS: We now know the position of the Canucks on Scott Gomez. Alain Vigneault: "I think we'll get our turn," he said to the AC.

Crows*

@RenLavoieRDS: Alain Vigneault was at l'Antichambre show tonight on RDS. When asked about Scott Gomez being UFA, he said Canucks won't try to sign him.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
TEAM1040:
RT @renlavoierds: Alain Vigneault was on RDS tonight. When asked about Scott Gomez being UFA, he said Canucks won't try to sign him

We won't try, but will sign him anyway! :sarcasm:

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
@RenLavoieRDS: On connait maintenant la position des Canucks sur Scott Gomez. Alain Vigneault: "je pense qu'on va passer notre tour," a-t-il dit à l'AC.

@ RenLavoieRDS: We now know the position of the Canucks on Scott Gomez. Alain Vigneault: "I think we'll get our turn," he said to the AC.

Pass is what it's translated to like the Habs fan above said.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Your coach was getting interviewed seconds ago on RDS and when they told him Gomez is free for your team to get picked, Vignault said:''We might pass on that 1'' while laughing.

While he talks up Cam Barker. AV is a great coach and a horrible talent evaluator, as he's demonstrated many times. It's always best when Gillis severely limits his options.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
While he talks up Cam Barker. AV is a great coach and a horrible talent evaluator, as he's demonstrated many times. It's always best when Gillis severely limits his options.

Vinny needs to stop talking like he's the GM.

I'd give Gomez a shot on a cheap contract, but then I've said that before, long ago. Didn't go over well then. If he signs here, I can't imagine many would be thrilled around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad