Gomez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Booth out for 4-6 weeks and Kesler out for who knows how long?
Scott Gomez time! I would be more comfortable with him on our team as depth. I think the pressure of having to play well without 2 of our 2nd liners may get to him. I dunno. It would still be nice to get him for super cheap.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
I don't know how many Canadiens games you guys have watched in the past but I watched a few and I was always impressed with Gomez's work ethic and hands ... I have no idea how he only scored 2 goals but if im GMMG i'm definitely giving his agent a call!

Pseudonymous*

I watched a bunch of montreal games and i agree, he has played pretty well. Just lost his knack for scoring. But as far as his overall game goes, its pretty good.

If theres a reclamation project you want, its somebody with a base like Gomez, he still goes out there, plays a pretty decent defensive game and puts up a pretty good effort from what ive seen. Anybody else is stat watching i think

But yeah, should only get him if he comes real cheap

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I don't know how many Canadiens games you guys have watched in the past but I watched a few and I was always impressed with Gomez's work ethic and hands ... I have no idea how he only scored 2 goals but if im GMMG i'm definitely giving his agent a call!

There were 8 million or so reasons. The guy had huge pressure every time he got on the ice because of that contract. On a much smaller contract I think he could bounce back well.

I'd be interested for sure so long as the price was right.

KidCanuck*

5 western teams are said to already be interested. Gomez and Redden are expected to be put on waivers tomorrow and clear the following day and be officially bought out and then can sign with another team.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
time for gillis to call him up and see if he can revive his career in vancouver. gillis is known for reclaimation projects. barker/bernier/wellwood/ etc.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Gillis has been 2 for 2 with reclaiming former Habs forwards (Higgins, Lapierre). Why not give Gomez a shot?

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I question whether Gomez would want to sign for a team that is essentially "Habs West" when it comes to fan and media scrutiny. I also doubt he sees a healthy Canucks roster of Hank, Kesler, Lapierre and Malhotra as a good fit for him to try and revive his career. If he's smart, he'll sign with a team that has little in center depth and even less in expectations.

I would gladly take him on a one year deal though, especially in what looks to be an injury riddled, gong show of a shortened season. Underrated playmaker, still a terrific skater and has always been a great playoff performer.

1 year - 1.6m would be my offer

I have a feeling another team will offer him something closer to the 2m mark and might even throw in an extra year.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I have a feeling there will be teams willing to give them over the $900k...I'll bet the Coilers and Flamers will be right on it for Redden...they can shell out the money and a roster spot.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I question whether Gomez would want to sign for a team that is essentially "Habs West" when it comes to fan and media scrutiny. I also doubt he sees a healthy Canucks roster of Hank, Kesler, Lapierre and Malhotra as a good fit for him to try and revive his career. If he's smart, he'll sign with a team that has little in center depth and even less in expectations.

I would gladly take him on a one year deal though, especially in what looks to be an injury riddled, gong show of a shortened season. Underrated playmaker, still a terrific skater and has always been a great playoff performer.

1 year - 1.6m would be my offer

I have a feeling another team will offer him something closer to the 2m mark and might even throw in an extra year.

Actually seems like a perfect fit for him. He can take 2nd line minutes while Kesler is out, eat up 2nd line PP minutes when Kesler is healthy and playing with the Sedins, can get good wingers (Hansen/Higgins/Kassian/Booth), and play for a team that might win -- and as close to home as possible.

I'd give him 2 million on a one-year deal if necessary.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

No no no no no no.... I will say this in multiple languages if I have to.

I have watched him ever since he went to the Habs. It's not pretty. Imagine Raymond at center, just less skilled, slower and absolutely no vision, willingness to use his linemates or shoot. You now have Scott Gomez. I would rather trade Luongo for Bozak than ever see Gomez here. He is that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->