OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So nice. Not gonna lie I’m still bit off on my yardages with my new ones but my lord they feel awesome. Really loving the putter too
What putter do you have?

Just got home from my golf trip, 9 rounds in 5 days on some insanely awesome courses. I shot pretty well for the most part. It could have been a lot better, but I couldn't putt for shit, which is usually my saving grace. I probably had close to 40 3-putts over the 9 rounds. I just couldn't figure it out.

If anyone is ever looking for a golf vacation with buddies, look into Williamsburg VA

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
upload_2021-5-9_21-53-0.jpeg

New Spyder.

This is year 2 of missing my yearly BC golf trip and Cabot Links was also in the plans. Covid need to beat it.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Golf closure extended to June 2 in Ontario now.

I’m visiting my dad this weekend for his birthday and my drive will be impacted by at least 30 minutes because of road closures to allow thousands of people to walk/jog/cycle.

But we can’t golf.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

I’m visiting my dad this weekend for his birthday and my drive will be impacted by at least 30 minutes because of road closures to allow thousands of people to walk/jog/cycle.

But we can’t golf.

Dougies buddies like to car pool and drink tho, NO GOLF FOR YOU !!!

He is such a bumbling idiot, and I am normally a PC guy !

Reactions: orangecrush8

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

But we can’t golf.

that is awful. Just an example of government having no clue what they’re doing. Most trails I’ve been on have been more crowded than any golf course would ever be

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Phil McTits gets a special exemption into the US Open. Would love to see him complete the grand slam, but doubt he makes the cut

Reactions: VladDrag

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just a reminder that the PGA is this weekend, I think, which means our very exciting and terrible contest has reached the second stage. We don't have to do anything, but I wanted to remind everyone to keep an eye on the leaderboard to see my team begin the long climb back to respectability.

The spreadsheet is in the OP if you need reminders of who you picked.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Heading out to San Diego at the beginning of August. Just booked a tee time at Torey.
My dad lived in La Jolla for a spell, so I had the opportunity to play both the North and South courses a few times. One South round was a twilight round where we decided to play 17 & 18 in complete darkness... neither of us lost a ball on those two holes, despite completely guessing trajectory and distance, particularly off the tee. :laugh: One of the more memorable finishes to a round that I have had.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
My dad lived in La Jolla for a spell, so I had the opportunity to play both the North and South courses a few times. One South round was a twilight round where we decided to play 17 & 18 in complete darkness... neither of us lost a ball on those two holes, despite completely guessing trajectory and distance, particularly off the tee. :laugh: One of the more memorable finishes to a round that I have had.
The North course is scheduled to be closed while I am out there, so I had booked the South course. I visited La Jolla once, but didn't see Torrey. Looking forward to it!

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
He's my boy, would shed a tear if he wins US Open !
Lefties unite!
Just a reminder that the PGA is this weekend, I think, which means our very exciting and terrible contest has reached the second stage. We don't have to do anything, but I wanted to remind everyone to keep an eye on the leaderboard to see my team begin the long climb back to respectability.

The spreadsheet is in the OP if you need reminders of who you picked.

f***ing Wolff gets DQ'ed at Augusta, then pulls out of the PGA. Very bad pick so far, considering Matsuyama was on the board at that time.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Wait, we're supposed to keep score?

Just started back up again last year. Played this past Saturday at Fairview in Lebanon and it's not bad. I've asked for a couple of lessons for Father's Day to try and get some things under control... just don't know where to start. When I do everything correct, my drives are absolute bombs (one guy I was playing with Saturday said "Holy shit that went really far"). No where good enough to spend big money on really nice courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad