OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
For anyone looking for wedges, as a mid handicapper I actually love the kirkland's and they were only $180 here in candian bucks for the set... 52, 56, 60 - I don't mind the grinds, and with a set of MCC plus grips I am about $200 out the door and feeling good hitting them. I actually love anything from 100 yards in now and consider it a strength in my game

Lefties are really tough to come by though, fair warning

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
For anyone looking for wedges, as a mid handicapper I actually love the kirkland's and they were only $180 here in candian bucks for the set... 52, 56, 60 - I don't mind the grinds, and with a set of MCC plus grips I am about $200 out the door and feeling good hitting them. I actually love anything from 100 yards in now and consider it a strength in my game

Lefties are really tough to come by though, fair warning
I grabbed a lefty set online at the beginning of last year for a little bit of mark up($220 I think I paid) and went from a 16 handicap down to a 10 and had my first sub 80 round(78). They've made a huge difference in my game. I've always been a big hitter off the tee but I'd lose so many strokes from inside 100 yards before I got these. Now if I could only learn to make some putts...

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I'm still hitting old steel shafted fatshaft irons from the year 2000 lol, if the k sig irons are legit I would be tempted to grab a set this year to go along with my TM woods, putter and bag - you gotta look the part out there lol... we shall see

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'm still hitting old steel shafted fatshaft irons from the year 2000 lol, if the k sig irons are legit I would be tempted to grab a set this year to go along with my TM woods, putter and bag - you gotta look the part out there lol... we shall see
If you're interested in some new irons and don't feel like paying an arm and a leg, look into some of the direct to consumer companies. Sub 70 is a great one. They offer some great irons for a very affordable price. Haywood is another company similar to Sub 70, but Sub 70 is probably more known. They even have a program where you can pay like $120 to demo a couple of the clubs, and as long as you send them back, they give you $100 back.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@VladDrag, I think I am about to make a big switch with clubs here

@Captain Dave Poulin seeing we are at 1000 posts, and a new season is about to begin, do you want to make a new thread and start working on getting a draft going again for this years majors?
What are you thinking? You just got the 770’s, right and new wedges… new driver??

Lol. I will backread

If you are looking at DTC clubs, at least look at New Level. They are pretty much known in the golf community as the best DTC clubs.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What are you thinking? You just got the 770’s, right and new wedges… new driver??

Lol. I will backread
The 770's are two years old, but I am not in love with them... I think I might sell them and grab the Srixon ZX7 mk ii's...Srixon had a big gaff last weekend and some people were able to order brand new sets at 50% off. Some of those sets are now making it out on ebay for like $850. I'd sell my 770's and lose a little bit of money between selling the 770's and buying the ZX7's. For reference, when I got my 770's I was between them and the original ZX7's and chose the 770's.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
The 770's are two years old, but I am not in love with them... I think I might sell them and grab the Srixon ZX7 mk ii's...Srixon had a big gaff last weekend and some people were able to order brand new sets at 50% off. Some of those sets are now making it out on ebay for like $850. I'd sell my 770's and lose a little bit of money between selling the 770's and buying the ZX7's. For reference, when I got my 770's I was between them and the original ZX7's and chose the 770's.
The ZX7 mkii are real deal. Really hard to consistently strike. Not like the original ZX7’s. I tried them out at the PGA superstore and they are not forgiving at all. Feel amazing tho. The tour players wanted more playability/shot making ability. They took mass from the outside of the club and put it behind the center of the face. I certainly suggest trying them first. They are not the same as the originals.

I am really interested in the Cobra King Tour Irons. I also tried them at the PGA - super soft, really nice looking at address. Probably a purchase later in the year for me.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The ZX7 mkii are real deal. Really hard to consistently strike. Not like the original ZX7’s. I tried them out at the PGA superstore and they are not forgiving at all. Feel amazing tho. The tour players wanted more playability/shot making ability. They took mass from the outside of the club and put it behind the center of the face. I certainly suggest trying them first. They are not the same as the originals.

I am really interested in the Cobra King Tour Irons. I also tried them at the PGA - super soft, really nice looking at address. Probably a purchase later in the year for me.
Good looks. I read about the changes, but didn't realize the difference they'd make. I went to GG last week and they had a set of used ZX7's on the rack, so I hit them and was reminded how great they felt. Didn't realize the mkii's weren't that forgiving.

I had hockey almost every night last week and tonight is my only night off this week. The wife will not be pleased if I run over to PGA SS tonight to go hit them lol. When you hit them, did you make a time or anything or did you just go there and ask to hit them? I feel weird going there hitting new irons and not buying anything.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Good looks. I read about the changes, but didn't realize the difference they'd make. I went to GG last week and they had a set of used ZX7's on the rack, so I hit them and was reminded how great they felt. Didn't realize the mkii's weren't that forgiving.

I had hockey almost every night last week and tonight is my only night off this week. The wife will not be pleased if I run over to PGA SS tonight to go hit them lol. When you hit them, did you make a time or anything or did you just go there and ask to hit them? I feel weird going there hitting new irons and not buying anything.
No I did not make a time. They are much better than GG. They will let you hit anything. Just walk up to someone and ask. They will put you in a simulator. You can go on a lunch break.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
No I did not make a time. They are much better than GG. They will let you hit anything. Just walk up to someone and ask. They will put you in a simulator. You can go on a lunch break.
Awesome, good to know. Maybe I'll try and sneak over there tomorrow. A benefit of it only being 5 minutes away

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Awesome, good to know. Maybe I'll try and sneak over there tomorrow. A benefit of it only being 5 minutes away
I was away from my computer/phone for a bit there, but I wanted to say that I didn't want to scare you away from it, but those irons are less forgiving than your p770's I would imagine. That being said, play what you want, and feel comfortable with. I'm only offering my two cents.

I personally play blades in my PW-8i, and in no way should I be doing that! But I love the way they look at address and when I strike them out of the middle, the feel is amazing.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I was away from my computer/phone for a bit there, but I wanted to say that I didn't want to scare you away from it, but those irons are less forgiving than your p770's I would imagine. That being said, play what you want, and feel comfortable with. I'm only offering my two cents.

I personally play blades in my PW-8i, and in no way should I be doing that! But I love the way they look at address and when I strike them out of the middle, the feel is amazing.
Ha, no worries! I don't know what it is with the P770's, I just haven't fell in love with them. I love the way the ZX7's look and when I did hit the previous model, they felt great. I think I'll try and head over to PGA SS and hit the mkii's before deciding.

Reactions: VladDrag

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The missus is at the Players today here in Ponte Vedra, FL.
1678399773116.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad