OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Has DeChambeau ever played Merion? I would think it would either be spectacularly awesome or spectacularly bad and awesome to watch.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
He was not making the cut, anyway, but a part of me hates that Y.E. Yang was disqualified from the tournament for incorrectly signing his scorecard (his signed for a 4 instead of a 5 on one hole).

Now, I get that it's the player's responsibility to ensure the tally is correct, but anybody at any time knows what the golfer's score is with modern technology. I'd rather see a penalty or a fine over an outright disqualification.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What a waste of a 1st round pick...

C9-QNo.gif

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
He was not making the cut, anyway, but a part of me hates that Y.E. Yang was disqualified from the tournament for incorrectly signing his scorecard (his signed for a 4 instead of a 5 on one hole).

Now, I get that it's the player's responsibility to ensure the tally is correct, but anybody at any time knows what the golfer's score is with modern technology. I'd rather see a penalty or a fine over an outright disqualification.
Happened to Matt Wolff at the masters too

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
No one uses a 1-iron that I'm aware of. Lots of guys stop at 4i. Players bags are typically made up like

1) Driver
2) 3-Wood
3) One of:5-wood, 7-wood or driving iron (18*)
4-9) Irons (4-9)
10-13) Wedges (PW, GW, SW, LB)
14) Putter

Some guys drop one of the wedges and play with a 3i, but most do not.

Its all kind of moot anyways because iron lofts have been so strengthened in the last 15-20 years that most 4i are the same or even slightly stronger the 3i were back in the day. Guys that carry a 3i are effected carrying a 2i.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Its all kind of moot anyways because iron lofts have been so strengthened in the last 15-20 years that most 4i are the same or even slightly stronger the 3i were back in the day. Guys that carry a 3i are effected carrying a 2i.
Depends on the set you are playing.If you’re playing muscle backs or cavity backs, like most of these pros are, you have traditional lofts.

I have a set of Nike VR pro combos (from 2012) and they are traditional lofts. The 3i is 21 degrees. The TM P7MB 3i is the same loft and the P7MC’s are 20. So only 1 degree stronger.

the player distance irons and the irons meant for high handicappers are the ones that have beefed up lofts.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad