OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The fat douche giving the crowd a finger pistol. I hate this f***ing guy. A lot.
shooter.gif

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Does anyone on the tour use a 1 iron.......;-))).......it was my favorite fairway club.......I used it in the 1960s when I played on the high school golf team. Go far....but would go anywhere......;-))

DuPont CC was our home course. We had this old guy as our pro coach named Johnny Long.......southern dude....weathered look......."well......you fking golf flunkies [ and we were!] you hold your putter like you hold your dick......steady you fking idiots......." we would be rolling on the ground laughing so hard.........

Our team was god awful except the No.1 guy. I was No.5 and was a sorrowful golfer; I think my record was 2-7; against the best teams I would lose 5 and 4. There were some No.1 players that shot par as 17 year olds. Back then you only played 9 holes in HS.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Does anyone on the tour use a 1 iron.......;-))).......it was my favorite fairway club.......I used it in the 1960s when I played on the high school golf team. Go far....but would go anywhere......;-))

DuPont CC was our home course. We had this old guy as our pro coach named Johnny Long.......southern dude....weathered look......."well......you fking golf flunkies [ and we were!] you hold your putter like you hold your dick......steady you fking idiots......." we would be rolling on the ground laughing so hard.........

Our team was god awful except the No.1 guy. I was No.5 and was a sorrowful golfer; I think my record was 2-7; against the best teams I would lose 5 and 4. There were some No.1 players that shot par as 17 year olds. Back then you only played 9 holes in HS.
No one uses a 1-iron that I'm aware of. Lots of guys stop at 4i. Players bags are typically made up like

1) Driver
2) 3-Wood
3) One of:5-wood, 7-wood or driving iron (18*)
4-9) Irons (4-9)
10-13) Wedges (PW, GW, SW, LB)
14) Putter

Some guys drop one of the wedges and play with a 3i, but most do not.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Death of the 3 iron: interesting article on the death of the 3 iron and why I have been unable to find sets that carry them. :laugh:

I posted the article above a while back. Club technology has changed so that a modern day 3 iron is essentially the 1 iron.

I looked into this because I have always felt comfortable hitting 3 irons, but most club sets don't include them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad