Golden Knights defenceman Colin Miller breaks nose in Game 4

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
tenor.gif

Unless you're trying to say you didn't know those things were broken until later but still felt the pain of whatever impact caused your fractures. There is no breaking your nose without accompanying pain unless you literally have no nerve endings in that area.

And I had the nail thing happen too. Metal door was somehow just high enough to fit over my 6 year old big toe but not higher than the toenail. Door opened and ripped the nail almost off except that it was held at the base. My dad finished it off and it was the worst.
Yeah... pain doesn’t mean something was broken every time it happens.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I've broken my nose 6-7 times and my grandma would set it for me 2-3 times.

Colin Miller is a scrub for acting like he got shot. And lastly, 100% this is to save face for his dive.

Would love to see how he looks tomorrow to get a definitive answer

Reactions: Duke33

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
And I had the nail thing happen too. Metal door was somehow just high enough to fit over my 6 year old big toe but not higher than the toenail. Door opened and ripped the nail almost off except that it was held at the base. My ddad finished it off and it was the worst.
Stop crying that was yesterday.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I've broken my nose 6-7 times and my grandma would set it for me 2-3 times.

Colin Miller is a scrub for acting like he got shot. And lastly, 100% this is to save face for his dive.

Would love to see how he looks tomorrow to get a definitive answer
It was the least she could do...after breaking it...but I'm suspecting the 2nd and 3rd times weren't usually necessary...but that's grandma...enjoyed doing it to you...or as she always told your parents...for you. "Let's make a little adjustment here dear!"

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
To the poster saying this was a deliberate cheap shot... it was 4 on 4 hockey. Oshie knew he didn’t have the speed to make a legit scoring play with the 2 on 2 rush.. so what is more important at 4 on 4? Possession. So he held up and waited for support. Passed it to backstrom and made a legal check as he was still elibgle to be hit himself..

Look what I've been dealing with here folks...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I guess when your team gets plowed and dumped from the playoffs there's nothing else to do on HF besides trying to pretend a "counter hit" is suddenly a new way to cheat the system. LOL

Here's how I saw it at the time. It looked like a dive. I didn't see any blood. The gauze in his nose was lily white. But during a later play it looked like Miller caught a stick in the schnoz, which might have done the actual damage.

That's if it's really even broken. Vegas puts on a show, you know.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It was the least she could do...after breaking it...but I'm suspecting the 2nd and 3rd times weren't usually necessary...but that's grandma...enjoyed doing it to you...or as she always told your parents...for you. "Let's make a little adjustment here dear!"

You make it sound like she was baking me cookies lol.. She's like "Woah your nose is completely crooked" and then Id have to hold still. Getting your nose set is so damn painful.. I got my nose and got elbowed in the face the next day.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
You realize that hitting somebody who doesn't have the puck is interference right?

The rule would say oshie still has possession of the puck. So VGK player ran into a player with possession of the puck and you have whined for 2 days about it.

Two ppl on HF and no one in the media or game think it’s interference

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Nhl rulebook 56.1. The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

VGK player runs into where oshie is when he still had possession. Contact was immediataly after the pass. Oshie still eligible to be hit by the rule. Can’t penalize him cause the VGK player skates into his ice and gets destroyed.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The rule would say oshie still has possession of the puck. So VGK player ran into a player with possession of the puck and you have whined for 2 days about it.

Two ppl on HF and no one in the media or game think it’s interference
Fair enough, no one interprets it as interference even though technically it is by the NHL written rules. (Rant warning 1: by the NHL written rules, which are the worst written set of rules on the planet...so "technically" means bugger all...you have to play to the rules the way they are called after all, inconsistent as that may be.)

So given that, not a penalty in reality, why do you feel it necessary to say that Miller "ran into" Oshie? Oshie clearly initiated the contact and hit.

Did Orpik "run into" Neal? Caps seemed to take exception to that hit, enough that a few of them chased Neal down and Wilson crosschecked him (Rant warning 2:not dumping on Wilson here, I only do that when he attempts to injure. I dislike like him for that but otherwise like most of his game. In this case Wilson was just trying to punish, and correctly assumed the refs would watch and do nothing...not sure why the NHL doesn't simply hire extra linesmen to come on the ice and administer beatings when they feel it is appropriate..but I digress) The point being Caps took exception to the Neal reverse check, and at that point Orpik was at least going for a hit.

Last edited:

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Crosbyfan. Caps taking exception to a hit on the ice doesn’t mean they thought it was illegal. Players do that all the time on legal hits. They are just trying to make it rough on the opposing team if they want to play physical.

I don’t really see above how you are saying this technically illegal. What part of the rulebook says it is technically legal (serious question).

We can agree that the rulebook is not well written haha

Oshie was in the same spot he was where he started to pass the puck. Thats his ice. Miller skated into that ice. Same as orpik skating into the ice of Neal where he was in possession of the puck

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Crosbyfan. Caps taking exception to a hit on the ice doesn’t mean they thought it was illegal. Players do that all the time on legal hits. They are just trying to make it rough on the opposing team if they want to play physical.

I don’t really see above how you are saying this technically illegal. What part of the rulebook says it is technically legal (serious question).

We can agree that the rulebook is not well written haha

Oshie was in the same spot he was where he started to pass the puck. Thats his ice. Miller skated into that ice. Same as orpik skating into the ice of Neal where he was in possession of the puck
Did Oshie or Neal make a hit? If you don't believe so that's fine, but most would say they did. Most would say they made a legal hit. So assuming they did make a hit, did they make one on a player eligible to be hit according to the written rules? (note that I am not saying the rules, as in the way the refs call the game, but the written rules, the intent of the way they were written...not literally though because literally the NHL interference rule is so appallingly bad it makes no sense)

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's probably been brought up in this thread, but it looks like he actually breaks it on Oshies helmet as soon as they make contact.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I guess when your team gets plowed and dumped from the playoffs there's nothing else to do on HF besides trying to pretend a "counter hit" is suddenly a new way to cheat the system. LOL

Here's how I saw it at the time. It looked like a dive. I didn't see any blood. The gauze in his nose was lily white. But during a later play it looked like Miller caught a stick in the schnoz, which might have done the actual damage.

That's if it's really even broken. Vegas puts on a show, you know.
I mean you’re slightly theatrical at times (I mean that in the best possible way and quite enjoy you) but THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I SAW IT TOO. If his nose was broken and packed something would have gotten on those plugs but they were rice white.

I will acquiesce that if his nose is broken that sucks and is a pretty good reason to be in pain but NEVER give up on the play, I mean if you can’t see at least pull the closest guy down and take a penalty, don’t just double over and LET someone score. I mean I saw Eric Belanger pull like six of his own teeth in a Caps Playoff Game once for F sakes.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Did Oshie or Neal make a hit? If you don't believe so that's fine, but most would say they did. Most would say they made a legal hit. So assuming they did make a hit, did they make one on a player eligible to be hit according to the written rules? (note that I am not saying the rules, as in the way the refs call the game, but the written rules, the intent of the way they were written...not literally though because literally the NHL interference rule is so appallingly bad it makes no sense)
I read it as Oshie made a drop pass and the pick was between both players, ergo a 50:50 puck just like in a board battle. Both players are eligible to hit and be hit in that circumstance. Would anyone argue that Oshie was not eligible to be hit? He was as much in possession of the puck as Miller so both were eligible to be hit.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I read it as Oshie made a drop pass and the pick was between both players, ergo a 50:50 puck just like in a board battle. Both players are eligible to hit and be hit in that circumstance. Would anyone argue that Oshie was not eligible to be hit? He was as much in possession of the puck as Miller so both were eligible to be hit.
I don't fully agree but that is a viable position given the way the game is played/officiated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad