Golden Knights defenceman Colin Miller breaks nose in Game 4

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Maybe back when the game was still played with a lump of coal being pushed around by ripped off tree limbs.

There are no clips of a player being penalized for a reverse hit on Youtube otherwise you would have posted some examples by now. They allow reverse hits all over the ice not just along the boards. Look at the two clips in this article as examples: WATCH: Byfuglien drops Reaves with reverse hit

Totally different than what Oshie did. Notice, he braced for the hit but he didn't move forward into it or initiate the contact. They just bounced off him.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Totally different than what Oshie did. Notice, he braced for the hit but he didn't move forward into it or initiate the contact. They just bounced off him.
Because a guy like Reaves is able to be knocked on his butt from Byfuglien just "bracing" for a hit.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I keep seeing this thread towards the top of the Playoff threads. I can't even believe there are people arguing that this play was interference or somehow against the rules.

Oshie didn't do a single thing wrong. I have seen the old exploding shoulder (which this was not even quite that) from players like Datsyuk so many times. It's not a call. It's a legal hit. The fact that Miller broke his nose is his own fault/ accident and not callable.

Reactions: McVechkin

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
One time I saw Ovechkin in transition stop and drop the puck at the point after coming into the zone, blow up Lucic who had lined him up and was coming at the stationary Ovechkin, then pick up the puck and pass it to the next guy to come into the zone. This I feel is closer to what the interference people are saying since he had basically left the puck for himself, but of course it wasn't a penalty because this kind of play has never been a penalty and is generally awesome.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I posted here after Game 2 that Colin Miller might be the toughest player in the league as long as you have your back turned to him.

Oshie proved me wrong.

Colin Miller is Bobby Clarke if your back is turned or if there's a ref there to bail him out. Otherwise he's just Jamie McBain.

Reactions: BigKing

Bowiefan

May 26, 2018
I keep seeing this thread towards the top of the Playoff threads. I can't even believe there are people arguing that this play was interference or somehow against the rules.

Oshie didn't do a single thing wrong. I have seen the old exploding shoulder (which this was not even quite that) from players like Datsyuk so many times. It's not a call. It's a legal hit. The fact that Miller broke his nose is his own fault/ accident and not callable.
It's not people at this point, it's just one little kid that's butthurt about the Penn's losing.

Reactions: Cletus Marley

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
One time I saw Ovechkin in transition stop and drop the puck at the point after coming into the zone, blow up Lucic who had lined him up and was coming at the stationary Ovechkin, then pick up the puck and pass it to the next guy to come into the zone. This I feel is closer to what the interference people are saying since he had basically left the puck for himself, but of course it wasn't a penalty because this kind of play has never been a penalty and is generally awesome.

Bolded is the only pertinent data in this entire thread

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I had no problem with the hit. Didn't think it should've been a penalty. I watched the game with no sound and moved on from it immediately. That there is a huge thread on HF does not surprise me.....

Yup definitely was not a penalty. Good play by Oshie, tough luck for Miller. But these people saying Miller flopped, embellished, etc. are ridiculous.

Reactions: McVechkin

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Because the game is intended for only the person with the puck to be hit. It's pretty simple. Over the years they have allowed it along the boards because players are getting dummied and seriously injured.

There's plenty of clips of interference on youtube.

I mean I think everyone aside from SouthGeorge can agree, regardless of affiliations, that this is categorically wrong.

The insinuation that they've actually allowed more contact away from the puck in recent years? Well thank god I'm typing this on the toilet because I just shit myself at that.

Bruh, go watch a game from the late 70's and tell me if you can even figure out what was supposed to constitute as interference then.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I mean I think everyone aside from SouthGeorge can agree, regardless of affiliations, that this is categorically wrong.

The insinuation that they've actually allowed more contact away from the puck in recent years? Well thank god I'm typing this on the toilet because I just **** myself at that.

Bruh, go watch a game from the late 70's and tell me if you can even figure out what was supposed to constitute as interference then.

He doesn't have to... remember, he's "played hockey" unlike the rest of us.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/146633403/

Reactions: Skrudland2Lomakin

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I forgot I'm talking to people who've never played hockey. I'm seeing terms like "counter hit" "reverse hit" I was told an offensive player has .6 seconds to hit a defensive player. Holy.

Imagine being so arrogant that you literally believe you're the only one on a friggin' hockey forum to have played hockey.

Please though, tell me more about ice sticky-whacky (it's what we call it here in DC since we're so unaccustomed to the ways of "hockey" and the rich tapestry of culture unique to Western PA that is not at all 4 hours away).

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
How deep is it in SouthGeorge's craw that Eddie Olczyk not only just called it a good hit but also used the term "reverse check"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad