Gold Cup 21

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I got a good feeling about Canada's chances against the US after watching last night, even with David and Davies out for the tournament. They have a chance to win this thing!

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
When was the last time we put out a lineup worse than the one we saw today? It didn’t have to be as bad as the lineup Berhalter used. I don’t expect the B-team guys to play like Pulisic or McKennie, but it didn’t have to be as bad the players picked for this team and used in the first game.

He seems to have favorites. Guys like Zardes and Lletget and understandable because they usually atleast do a job for the US team. But guys like Lewis and Yueill who havent been good for US and arent key players for their own teams are just baffling.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I got a good feeling about Canada's chances against the US after watching last night, even with David and Davies out for the tournament. They have a chance to win this thing!

Yeah for once I feel a bit of expectation even with the top two players out. Everyone brought a B roster anyway, except Jamaica who seems to want to take this really seriously. I think Canada's roster in this GC can contend with US and Mexico's even.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Costa Rica gifted a goal in the 6th minute. Thuram with a howler.. Campbell says thanks in his 100th game for Costa Rica. He looks on it tonight

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Easy win tonight for Costa Rica. Their match vs Jamaica will be interesting. I give the Reggae Boyz the talent edge, but will be a good test for them against CR who is a much more cohesive unit than Suriname.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I hope Gregg goes with this against Canada and in the knockouts:

------------Zardes-----------Dike
---------------------Lletget
-------------Busio---------Acosta
Vines-----------------------------------Cannon
-----Robinson----Sands----Zimmerman
-------------------Turner

The wing options are absolute ass. No reason to shoehorn Hoppe, Gioachinni, etc. in there. Moore for Cannon and Bello for Vines are options too. That team can give anyone a run for their money, but it's far from a lock to reach the final. There is such a lack of creativity in the final third - the absence of Clark hurts a bit.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Gregg goes with this against Canada and in the knockouts:

------------Zardes-----------Dike
---------------------Lletget
-------------Busio---------Acosta
Vines-----------------------------------Cannon
-----Robinson----Sands----Zimmerman
-------------------Turner

The wing options are absolute ass. No reason to shoehorn Hoppe, Gioachinni, etc. in there. Moore for Cannon and Bello for Vines are options too. That team can give anyone a run for their money, but it's far from a lock to reach the final. There is such a lack of creativity in the final third - the absence of Clark hurts a bit.

Hoppe over Zardes and Williamson over Acosta. Otherwise, that’s pretty good.

Sep 19, 2008
That is also assuming weather plays along as FOX has just teased possible thunderstorms in the area

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
tenor.gif

Reactions: John Price

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Such a breathe of fresh air seeing us beat teams like Haiti comfortably, rather than just expecting a loss all the time. Especially without our 2 best players. Should be a fun tilt against the States on Sunday

Reactions: Cloned

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
More youth in the lineup. Can’t complain. Excited to see Hoppe. Can he be a player for the US or was he just a guy who had a few games were everything went in for him.

my worry is he’s gonna go real safe vs Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Busio missed on the free kick 7'
Like the movement on this squad better then the other nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: