Gold Cup 21

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
a little off topic, but how is it determined which region the 4th seed from concacaf will play? I know it will be from south america or asia, but how is it determined?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
a little off topic, but how is it determined which region the 4th seed from concacaf will play? I know it will be from south america or asia, but how is it determined?
Format[edit]

The draw for the inter-confederation play-offs will be held at a later date.
The four teams from the four confederations (AFC, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, and OFC) are to be drawn into two ties.
In each tie, the two teams play a two-legged home-and-away series. The two winners, decided on aggregate score, will qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. If the aggregate score is level, the away goals rule is applied, i.e. the team that scored more goals away from home over the two legs advances. If away goals are also equal, then 30 minutes of extra time is played. The away goals rule is again applied after extra time, i.e. if there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored. If no goals are scored during extra time, the tie is decided by penalty shoot-out.
These play-offs are to be the last two-legged ties that decide the two remaining World Cup slots for a 32-team tournament. Beginning with the qualifiers for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which was expanded to 48 teams, a playoff tournament involving six teams will be held to decide the last two berths,[2] consisting of one team per confederation (except for UEFA) and one additional team from the confederation of the host country (i.e., CONCACAF for 2026).

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Have the parameters changed for being cap-tied? Or is it still one senior Fifa sactioned appearance and you are capped?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Thuram saves from the final on field kick taker. Then Jerez finally makes a save to send it to round 11.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ceballos went first and missed then got a second kick and missed. He is going to have nightmares for the rest of his life.

Cavare scores twice... Guadeloupe go through in a game filled with bad blood... two sides that had never met.

I believe all but two kicks went to the keepers left yet he just kept alternating..

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The tournament starts in 2 days and all the groups are confirmed; Top 2 from each group move on.

Group A:
Curacao (76)
El Salvador (69)
Mexico (11)
Trinidad and Tobago (103)

Group B:
Canada (70)
Haiti (83)
Martinique (Unranked)
USA (20)

Group C:
Costa Rica (50)
Guadeloupe (Unranked)
Jamaica (45)
Suriname (136)

Group D:
Grenada (160)
Honduras (67)
Panama (78)
Qatar (58)

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
welp, no way to watch this on swedish tv/streaming service, they are not gonna show it.

where can i watch it?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Onesoccer's one month subscription is about $10 CAD. Worth it to watch the tournament. Haven't had much issue with the app. Having to listen to Gareth Wheeler call games is painful to my ears, but beggars can't be choosers.

However, I really hope TSN grabs the rights to the WCQ's.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
^Shame, Curacao are on the uptrend in the region.

Have the parameters changed for being cap-tied? Or is it still one senior Fifa sactioned appearance and you are capped?

I'm not sure of the technicalities but I swear I'm seeing a lot more dual nationals in recent years declare for these Caribbean countries. Curacao as mentioned above as well as Suriname with Dutch dual nationals along with Jamaica with dual Brits as huge benefactors. Jamaica in particular has a scary good roster that could trouble the USA and Mexico.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2