Gold Cup 21

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Did I also hear that Jonathan David is hurt as well or am I just crazy?

If that's true then there's no excuses for the US if Canada's top 2 players are out.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Did I also hear that Jonathan David is hurt as well or am I just crazy?

If that's true then there's no excuses for the US if Canada's top 2 players are out.

Yes, David is out with injury as well.

Nothing serious, slight groin issue. Decided to skip the Gold Cup but will be back for September WCQ.

Davies picked up an ankle injury in training. He's gone back to Germany to heal up. No word on the extent of the injury.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
on paper, usa dont look that good. Lots of missing players.

Curacao and Suriname looks intresting. They have some players from the dutch league.

US coach said months in advance that this roster was going to be a B-roster, and that’s what it is. Only a few A-roster players, and none of the better ones. It’s almost entirely an MLS roster.

I don’t think it’s good either. I think Mexico is the big favorite. They brought a lot of their best players for this tournament.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Mexico starting to look more and more frustrated with its lack of a breakthrough. Firing a lot of long shots to no avail at the moment.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Lol Mexico. Still favorite imo.

Wonder how many more “put*” chants it takes. Or how long until fans start to do that once they have an actual lead.

Btw did I hear the commentators right? Mexico’s two matches without fans penalty will be during woman’s games!?!? Wtf

Cochese

Mar 14, 2008
Lol Mexico. Still favorite imo.

Wonder how many more “put*” chants it takes. Or how long until fans start to do that once they have an actual lead.

Btw did I hear the commentators right? Mexico’s two matches without fans penalty will be during woman’s games!?!? Wtf
Yes, the FMF took advantage of some wording of the ruling and put it on the women’s team.

As an El Tri fan enough is enough with the damn chant, I don’t know what it’s going to take to stop it.

Terrible reffing in this game btw.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
hmm looks like Concacaf will show all the games on their youtube channel? or maybe it was just the opening game.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It’s also pretty convenient that the refs start the protocol usually in the final 5 minutes of the match when it’s being done all game. The reality is CONCACAF will lose a lot of money with no Mexico so that’s where the hypocrisy kicks in, if this was a random Central American nation they would have some points deduction by now. UEFA is the same way really too, deep down they don’t want to kick a team out of qualifying/tournaments (my Croatia have gotten away with a lot) and in a way I see their point because it’s not the players fault

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Still no lineups for Canada and Martinique...

That Lozano injury was ugly.. Great call from the announcer on One soccer last night.

I would be happy to see some proper sanctions for Mexico...I had to erase what i really wanted to say about Mexico.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Creps/ Back 3 of Johnston, Vitoria and Miller. Buchanan and Laryea at wing back. Eustacio/Kaye and Osorio at mid and then a front 2 of Hoilett and Larin. Not sure if Hoilett will have a free role.

2 short on the bench. No Paton and no replacement for Davies yet.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
3rd version of the starting lineup is out.

4-2-3-1.

left to right, Buchanan, Miller, Vitoria, Johnston,

Kaye and Eustaquio, then Hoilett, Osorio, Laryea with Larin uptop.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Kaye gets punished for some casual ball handling... Newcastle legend Riviere scoring.

Then Hoilett into Larin with a strong header. Lots of action in 16 minutes

1-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad