Gold Cup 21

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Someone scored. 2-0 Who knows.. so many chances.. Dike header to own goal.

Hoppe is fire.. He's all over the place.

Nice tackle in the box not a penalty. Dike now given the goal.

Moore needed to cross that at 35'

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Martinique should have done better on that free kick. It was a decent shot but they could have had a free runner to the byline or peeled someone off the wall and had a near post look.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Half time a minute early.. Youtube feed had it at 45:04 so I think FS1 got slow or something. (7:10 kickoff 52:14 end half)

Last edited:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The Midfield started strong but by the end it seemed we lost almost every 50/50 and Busio needs to learn he can't out dribble guys like he can versus younger peeps.

Back to own goal?

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Martinique almost got 1. the US couldn't clear.
Gave up a PK later. 4-1 Acosta was So flat footed you'd think he was planed to get that flat.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Taking into consideration the opponent, I'm still happy with the win. Very impressed with Sands, Williamson, Hoppe and Dike tonight and particularly with Sands. Seems like a perfect middle center back in a 3 in the back formation .

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Absolutely love that 3-5-2 / 3-4-3 look considering how this roster is constructed. That is by far the best bet to get to the final.

Give me this vs. Canada and I think we win by 1 or 2:

------------Hoppe----------Dike
--------------------Lletget
------------Busio----------Wlliamson
Vines---------------------------------------Moore
-------Robinson----Sands----Zimmerman
----------------------Turner

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Man, Suriname vs Costa Rica is loosey-goosey fun. Both teams defensive positioning looks like a web that a spider constructed on acid.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Man, Suriname vs Costa Rica is loosey-goosey fun. Both teams defensive positioning looks like a web that a spider constructed on acid.

Went to both games in Orlando yesterday (something to do in a rare day off for me and tickets were only $30). Jamaica-Guadeloupe was a snooze fest but got to see Leon Bailey live who looked good. Costa Rica-Suriname was a back and forth game with Suriname looking better than expected considering their FIFA ranking. They had Ryan Donk playing for them who I swear played for Holland like 10 years ago and their winger (Comvelius, spelling?) looked incredible though when I looked him up he is struggling in the Slovakian league

The issue with CONCACAF right now is a lack of depth outside the big two. Costa Rica and Panama are in decline while I still think it’s too early for the likes of Canada and Jamaica to truly be competitive at a WC level

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

US staying with 3-5-2. Not surprised by Acosta or either other the two other veterans(though I think Hoppe looked really good working with Dike). Cannon still must not be healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad