Gold Cup 2019:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So we lost against Mexico with a stupid starting XI and got beaten by Haïti.

I continue to find myself with a more positive outlook than you and tried to defend that set up by Herdman at first.....but yeah, terrible look in hindsight. That Mexico XI was embarrassing...

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And now we don't get to play Mexico with our "real" 11! Anyway what is our best 11? Who knows.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yep, I think you and me were one of the only ones who knew our chances against Haiti were slim in reality and not "big favorite" like most would think. Idk what we prove as of yet to be considered "that good".

At least it hurts a lot more less :laugh:

biggest chokejob in the history of Gold Cup , leading 2-0 at HT. speechless...

What?

Our chances weren't slim at all. We lost by one goal because of our own total collapse not they good play and were very close to tying it with the Hutchinson offside.

i know you want to continue this BS narrative that we had very little chance against Haiti but that game proves your theory totally wrong.

Reactions: robertmac43

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It is also very odd how Canada's women has had more success than their men's side. :laugh:

How is that odd?

Canadian women have access to NCAA soccer where a lot of the best players play and the traditional footballing nations have taken a lot longer to invest in the women’s game.

It makes perfect sense if you employ your brain.

The same statement applies to the US.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And since most soccer countries started to invest in women soccer, Canada can't compete anymore with the best teams. And they never really achieved much success anyway.

Canada Soccer is an epic failure all around.

Reactions: Roman Fell

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The frustration towards the team is understandable based off of last night, but completely ripping the entire program is too far. It has not been an easy history for this program and its going ot continue to be a challenge to qualify for World Cups going forward. They have the best base for a good Canadian team in the history of the program; last night sucked, It will define this generation of Canadian football.

Things are still on the rise.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
After the first 12 minutes of the first half, Haiti hardly had a kick. Canada's front 6 and fullbacks had the ball and were slicing though Haiti at will. Henry and Cornelius had very little to do.

The match turned on a woeful ball from Arcus...it was pitiful as it was made with no pressure on him. Credit to Nazon for chasing it down...many forwards would have bailed on that but he chased it from the moment it left Arcus foot. That should be dealt with by Godinho and Borjan 100 times out of 100. It turned the tide completely.

I'm not willing to rail against the CSA or Herdman or anyone else. If that foolishness from Borjan doesn't happen we walk away with a win. It's the kind of error (not for the first time) that makes me want to see what Crepeau can do...even if he is a bit undersized. He has been good for the Whitecaps.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The frustration towards the team is understandable based off of last night, but completely ripping the entire program is too far. It has not been an easy history for this program and its going ot continue to be a challenge to qualify for World Cups going forward. They have the best base for a good Canadian team in the history of the program; last night sucked, It will define this generation of Canadian football.

Things are still on the rise.
The team was bad vs. Martinique (Borjan saved 3-4 goals) and clearly outplayed by Mexico B team. So apart from some better individual talent in some positions I don't see much improvment.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The team was bad vs. Martinique (Borjan saved 3-4 goals) and clearly outplayed by Mexico B team. So apart from some better individual talent in some positions I don't see much improvment.
Be fair though on the Mexico game...we played about as strange a lineup as one could imagine and predictably got beat and didn't look good doing it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Mexico were missing stars but there "B" team was always going to be better. I don't even read into that narrative too much; Mexico had Ochoa, Guardado, Gallardo, Jimenez, Alvarez, Dos Santos, and Gutierrez from the WC squad. Many of those names featured in the win against Germany last summer. Still a team with much more quality than us.

They were shaky in the Martinique game (especially at the start) however there was never a point where I thought we were going to lose that game.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I hope Mattocks misses. Never a fan. Watching 5 of them argue over it was funny...nevermind the fact its a garbage penalty.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Mexico were missing stars but there "B" team was always going to be better. I don't even read into that narrative too much; Mexico had Ochoa, Guardado, Gallardo, Jimenez, Alvarez, Dos Santos, and Gutierrez from the WC squad. Many of those names featured in the win against Germany last summer. Still a team with much more quality than us.

They were shaky in the Martinique game (especially at the start) however there was never a point where I thought we were going to lose that game.
Yeah they had more core players than I thought. Still stupid to not have put a full strength starting XI to test our guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad