Gold Cup 2019:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The US play has been bad lots of heavy touches and passes to the other team.. Bradley is looking done... and We need a defensive midfielder.. (No that's not Bradley)

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
And since most soccer countries started to invest in women soccer, Canada can't compete anymore with the best teams. And they never really achieved much success anyway.

Canada Soccer is an epic failure all around.
Some people look at the glass and say it's half full. Some people say it's half empty. And some some people say it's empty, and there has never ever been water in the glass.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Not denying that US women are more successful than the men but the men have largely been WC qualifiers since the "Shot heard round the world" in the late 80's which broke a decades long streak of not making the WC (since the 60's IIRC). Canada again has only qualified once in federation history...
US-Canada is the same situation as Germany-Austria, England-Scotland (10x the population of their neighbors. With the difference that Germany and England don't have a climate advantage.)

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Apparently No shots on goal in over 50m...
And Zhardes over the bar ... Best chance this half. (for the US)

Curacao is just toying with us... Good save by the US keeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I can’t believe that Curacao is still in this. Not that they don’t deserve to be, but I would’ve expected this one to be wrapped up by now.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The US should be thankful to be up...
Edit: US win but look about as steady as a jenga tower one stick before collapse.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What?

Our chances weren't slim at all. We lost by one goal because of our own total collapse not they good play and were very close to tying it with the Hutchinson offside.

i know you want to continue this BS narrative that we had very little chance against Haiti but that game proves your theory totally wrong.
They were maybe not that slim but I didn't expect us to win. No teams are really that favorite at this point in a tournament and every game finishes by one goal now. In reality they finished 1st in their group while beating Costa Rica while we didn't face anyone serious in the past year (outside of Mexico) . All about momentum.

I don't even wanna talk about the game as it's the most frustrating game but the first goal they were asleep, 2nd goal looked offside to me. It's like Haiti woke up at the 45th. Weird. Their goals came from a Borjan brain fart, dumbest foul in the whole tournament and 3rd goal we made them look like Barca. When Atiba was offside with a foul that was the only time we did something in the 2nd half. We could only pass the ball through our backline, although the 1st 20 minutes were very well done.

Let's take the L, move on, learn from it, stop acting like Mexico because we couldn't beat their E squad and stop underestimating other Concacaf nations because we aren't that good. Pathetic performance . Herdman was severely outcoached. Could've been Jamaica, Curacao, Honduras it would have been the same outcome.

On to the Nations league.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoyleG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Based on what I'm reading looks like the US almost pulled a Canada.

Could Jamaica beat the US?

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Ok what are the positives?
You said:
And since most soccer countries started to invest in women soccer, Canada can't compete anymore with the best teams. And they never really achieved much success anyway.
So medals in the last two Olympics (beating Australia, Germany, France, Brazil in the last one) don't constitute any sort of "success".

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Jesus Christ wtf was that performance? Credit to Curacao, but my god that was just pathetic. Mexico would wipe the floor with us if they played us today.

Did you see Mexico vs. a weak looking Costa Rica having just lost to Haiti, they weren't that good either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Let's take the L, move on, learn from it, stop acting like Mexico because we couldn't beat their E squad and stop underestimating other Concacaf nations because we aren't that good. Pathetic performance . Herdman was severely outcoached. Could've been Jamaica, Curacao, Honduras it would have been the same outcome.

Why is this the narrative, in what ways was Herdman "severely outcoahced" ?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Once again take it the other way, what did he do good in that game? Did he made good adjustments, used good tactics, made good subs?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
USA are so bad they could lose to just about anyone at the moment even at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad