Gold Cup 2019:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's speaks volume about the strength of the tournament...
I think it the US case, it speaks more to the divide on the quality depth of the team. You have guys like Pulisic and McKennie that can make things happen out of nothing, similar to when Donovan and Dempsey were at their best, but the guys after them either aren't good enough or they don't have the mentality required to be scrappy enough.

I mean obviously the quality of the tournament is poor, it always is, that's nothing new, but the US has been like this ever since Pulisic came up. There are players on the team that think they have enough skill to win with talent, but they just don't. At least in the past, those players knew they didn't have the skill, so their work rate was immense.

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Once again take it the other way, what did he do good in that game? Did he made good adjustments, used good tactics, made good subs?

The team played the possession style they wanted and had some decent success breaking through for most of the game. It became harder when Haiti took the lead and parked 11 in their own third of the pitch. Even then we still managed some chances and were a couple feet from equalizing.

The main thing I would criticize him for was bringing on Morgan when he did, was not a productive sub at all.

It seems as though all the strife against Herdman on here is about him not adjusting but really lost cause of two huge errors a mental lapse.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We’re so bad that we’ve won all four games, haven’t given up a goal and scored 12. You can criticize a bad performance and not make comments like this.
Yeah, the starters have been more good than bad, it's just the opposition has been poor too, so it's hard to give quality critiques.

Reactions: Pouchkine

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Really, it’s par for the course euthbthis sport. The sexy, bigger teams get favourable officiating.

Too bad because Haiti has fought so hard to stay in this.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Feel bad for Haiti man. They competed like warriors and only lost to a soft penalty call.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I knew this Qatari moron would f*** it up eventually, :laugh:

He poorly refd the USA-Panama game

Mexico not even celebrating their win, says a lot. Lets see what happens this Sunday against Jamaica or US.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I knew this Qatari moron would **** it up eventually, :laugh:

He poorly refd the USA-Panama game

Mexico not even celebrating their win, says a lot. Lets see what happens this Sunday against Jamaica or US.

Wait, seriously? He's from Qatar? What is he doing officiating these games :facepalm:

That just screams corruption.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
And it indeed is back on after a 90 min delay. For those watching on TSN, it’s been dropped from TSN4 but still airing on TSN5.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Jamaica adjusted really well. it helped them.
True but the U.S should’ve scored again a few min ago when McKennie had a gaping open net, keeper down and beaten and he played back across the box rather than shooting on target. His angle may not have been 100% but I thought that surely 2-0 as the play developed.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I honestly had no idea Leon Bailey had been called up for Jamaica. I know he's refused call up for years and thought he didn't want to have anything to do with them. I heard he hasn't had a good tournament, but he's been decent tonight.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That should be a wrap. Don’t see Jamaica scoring two to draw level here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad