Lupul - McClement - Gardiner
Rielly - Clarkson - Raymond
Mclaren - Ashton

Gunner - Fraser
Smithson - Franson
Orr - Kulemin

:sarcasm: ???

Asif16*

I still think we should try gardiner at a center spot. Even if its for one period. Just try it out.

Let rielly take his spot on D.

I just have a felling he might do well

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
JVR - Phaneuf - Kessel
Lupul - McClement - Gardiner
Rielly - Clarkson - Raymond
Mclaren - Ashton

Gunner - Fraser
Smithson - Franson
Orr - Kulemin

:sarcasm: ???

Why not...

JVR-Phaneuf-Kessel
Lupul-Gardiner-Clarkson
Raymond-McClement-Kulemin
McLaren-Smithson-Orr

Rielly-Gunnarsson
Franson-Fraser
Ranger-Liles

Bernier
McIntyre

Trade Reimer to Edmonton for their 1st round pick.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Raymond - McClement - Clarkson
Ashton - Smithson - Kulemin
McLaren - Orr

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Fraser - Ranger
Franson - Gardiner
Reilly

My attempt. :dunno:

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Kessel - Gardiner - JVR
Lupul - Raymond - Clarkson
Ashton - McClement - Kulemin
Bernier - Smitty - McLaren

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Rielly - Fraser
Franson - Ranger

Reimer
Kadri (in a CuJo jersey)

1st line is our all speed/ skill line. Gardiner can drop back when its time to defend and he's got more than enough skating capabilities to fly up and join the rush with Kess and JVR.

2nd line is our cycle line. Clarkson and Lupul can work the boards. Raymond much like Gards can fly out there and should act as a safety net in case the other 2 get caught in deep. :naughty:

3rd line is our plug line. The great black hole of offense. As long as they forecheck well they'll be effective.

4th line is the all goon line. Kessel should be on it but I guess we're short on scorers these days so Bernier gets the call. I know he likes to drop them once in a while and with McLaren watching his back, he can go out and stir **** up.

D pairings and Goaltending are status-quo.

I think this is a very effective line up. Like it or hate it you know you wannnna see this **** happen. Randy, JUST DO IT!:sarcasm:

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
I'm not looking forward to this one for obvious reasons, but a win tomorrow would do wonders for the team's morale.

Asif16*

Watching the blues/avalanche game got me hyped for tomm night.

Blues absolutely crushed the avs not only on the scoreboard, but physically/fights as well.

Hoping to see the the leafs do the same

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
How about:
JVR - Gardiner - Phaneuf
Lupul - Liles - Raymond
Bodie - McClement - Clarkson
Orr - Smithson - McLaren

Gunnarsson - Kessel
Franson - Fraser
Rielly - Ranger

:sarcasm:

Asif16*

Mclaren vs Scott

Orr vs Mccormick

Fraser vs Foligno

Clarkson/Phaneuf vs Ott

Lets go.

Asif16*

Just joking on the Kessel/Phaneuf/Liles part...lol

I actually wouldn't mind if Carlyle tested Gardiner at centre for one game

Yup. Prety much what i said earlier. Just try gardiner at center atleast for one period and see how it goes. If its bad....just go back to playing 7 D.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Just joking on the Kessel/Phaneuf/Liles part...lol

I actually wouldn't mind if Carlyle tested Gardiner at centre for one game

Carlyle can be a stubborn baffoon at times, and thats putting it nicely. For instance he has 7 blueliners on the backend, one of them being a natural centre in college/juniour yet he insists on playing JVR who is brutal as C (lacks vision, defensive awarness). If it were me and the centre position was that mangled up, I'd first try Kessel out at C, if that didn't work I'd go to Gardiner, I'd NEVER put JVR in the middle the guy just doesn't have what it takes.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Does anyone know what line Carlyle rolled during today (thursday's morning) pratice?

Also in the post-practice interview, Carlyle said regarding the line brawl: "thing like that that we don't like to remember, and try to move on. We're here to play hockey game that gives us best chance for success.." while Sabers new coach said something along the line of "its up to our players if they want to carry over from the preseason brawl" citing he wasn't part of the team at the time.

Hmm.. wonder which line Carlyle put out there to start the game?

[NHL]484592[/NHL]

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
honestly, the way things are going - I would think that Carlyle told everyone not to do anything stupid, don't engage into anything, because

A: we can't afford freak injuries via fighting
B: we can't afford any dumb suspensions/match penalties/huge misconducts via fighting

just go in, take the two points, end in regulation, and come back to Toronto and do the same thing. we're losing ground on Tampa.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Pretty sure it was

Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Clarkson-Mcclement-Kulemin
Raymond-Smithson-Ashton
Orr-Kadri-Brodie

Now because Kadri is suspended it'll likely be:

Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Clarkson-Mcclement-Kulemin
Raymond-Smithson-Ashton
Orr-Brodie-Mcclaren

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Agreed Daisy, I'm all for playing a full 60 minutes over pointless instigation fights (unless it's to protect our star forwards). Maybe that's asking too much? perhaps 1/2 game? :D Anyway we got to start playing our game, cycle those pucks in the offensive zone like we did 2nd period at Boston. Get a quick 2 goals lead, thennn we can be more 'physical'.

Over the Sabres forum, it seems to be the consensus that something will go down tomorrow night. Of course they got little to lose compared to us - actually more to gain since a couple will want to drop the gloves to impress their new coach ("fighting" for the job they say). Not that we should be worried though, with Orr and McClaren in the lineup.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
honestly, the way things are going - I would think that Carlyle told everyone not to do anything stupid, don't engage into anything, because

A: we can't afford freak injuries via fighting
B: we can't afford any dumb suspensions/match penalties/huge misconducts via fighting

just go in, take the two points, end in regulation, and come back to Toronto and do the same thing. we're losing ground on Tampa.

Both A and B are really good points. We're hurting enough as it is, and the NHL's decided we'll be their example for teams across the league.

Goalie and defense have to have a big game tomorrow, we're struggling enough to score as it is, and losing Kadri hurts. We need these two games badly.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Randy should employ a tight checking defensive system like Paul MacLean did last year with all those injuries. Hell, just play the trap for the next few games :laugh:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Randy should employ a tight checking defensive system like Paul MacLean did last year with all those injuries. Hell, just play the trap for the next few games :laugh:

Actually that is kinda what we are doing or have been doing all season, when we dont have the puck all 5 guys collapse back trying to clog things up. Problem is being passive doesn't work, the trap doesn't work the only reason is did on the Devils was because they had a HOF goalie in net and two defensive studs on the blueline, the trap doesn't work for most teams to be frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad