Pre-Game Talk: Going Sasquatch Chopping: Leafs @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leafs, 3 goals in last 4 games.

Juggernaut offence.

We've managed to still get 3 points in those 4 games though. Thank god for our awesome defense :sarcasm:

And Goalies :D

It will be better when Bozak comes back. Jvr can go back to wing, and our top 2 lines are intact. McClement can handle the 3rd line center until Bolland returns

mikebel111*

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio 8m
#Leafs coach Randy Carlyle : "We have not created an identity. We are very much a work in progress. "

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio 7m
#Leafs Randy Carlyle : "We think we can display a higher level of speed with out group."

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The Sabres are dead last in the league and only have four wins thus far. Even with a depleted roster the Leafs can beat them, the only thing that can save them is Miller.

Don't get so cocky, any team can win on any given night also Nolan will have the boys fired up against us not to mention Miller usually saves his best games for us. Can we win? Sure, but were gonna need Bernier/Riemer standing on their heads, cutting down on the turnovers and getting a lot of shots through on Miller.

I'm calling a split with us winning tommorow and them beating us in regulation on Saturday.

Mr Scarface*

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio 8m
#Leafs coach Randy Carlyle : "We have not created an identity. We are very much a work in progress. "
They created it last season already. It really showed and worked.

This season there were new players coming in. Stepping in and playing for carlyle is a different scenario. He'll make you even harder. Our identity will show its greatest elements lately this season. Our team is starting to bloom real nice.

mikebel111*

Just to prove sopranos wrong, I kind of want us to be manhandled physically in every department for one game.

:sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
They created it last season already. It really showed and worked.

This season there were new players coming in. Stepping in and playing for carlyle is a different scenario. He'll make you even harder. Our identity will show its greatest elements lately this season. Our team is starting to bloom real nice.

The leafs have an identity- its box players to the outside and let them preform a firing squad on our goalies, struggle 5-10x to make the simple pass out of the zone and then get 1-2 quick strikes on net. Its a "rope-a-dope" style

hockeyfanz*

Remove the top 2 Centres from any team in the league and see how their Top 9 produces.

Guess you didnt watch the Penguins lose Crosby and Malkin and continue to rip the league up eh? I know I know...it was only Crosby and Malkin..not Bozak and Bolland. :laugh:

hockeyfanz*

Mclaren got his a$$ kicked by McQuaid of the Bruins who is not even a heavyweight..if the Leafs want to get all revenged up on John Scott...they better give the job to Colton Orr. Nothing worse than Scott pummeling McClaren as a message sent by the Leafs.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
What happened to Orr anyways?

We need his bare knuckle boxing skills in the next 2 days.

Mclaren, Orr, Fraser, Devane, Broll, Bodie, call up all the tough guys.

hockeyfanz*

What happened to Orr anyways?

We need his bare knuckle boxing skills in the next 2 days.

Mclaren, Orr, Fraser, Devane, Broll, Bodie, call up all the tough guys.

Dude they're playing the freakin Buffalo Sabres not the 1975 Philadelphia Flyers. :laugh:

Delicious Dangles*

Leafs, 3 goals in last 4 games.

Juggernaut offence.
While missing our entire center depth, and facing THE 2 best goalies in the league this year (Schneider is no slouch either). :rolleyes:

Leafs. 4 goals against in the last 3 games, 3 of which were on the PP, and 2 of which we scored on ourselves.

Juggernaut defence.

KingMatthews

popcorn.gif
Jan 14, 2009
Toronto
Mclaren got his a$$ kicked by McQuaid of the Bruins who is not even a heavyweight..if the Leafs want to get all revenged up on John Scott...they better give the job to Colton Orr. Nothing worse than Scott pummeling McClaren as a message sent by the Leafs.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain McClaren held his own against Scott the last two fights they've had (one in Buffalo, one in Toronto).

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
heading down to buffalo for kesselmania about 10am tommorow.

going ed belfour starting at about 4.

cannot wait.

Asif16*

I want Mclaren to take on Scott to be honest. I love orr as a player, and based on past concussion problems, i dont want him getting injured.

You guys are gonna bring up the Orr vs Scott from last year correct? Which is fine. But orr got in good body shot that led to scott falling, and hence orr winning. How many times is tht gonna happen?

Scott has a considerable height advantage over Orr, and i dont want him doing to Orr what he did to Shawn Thornton last year.

Lets face it, Scott is a dumb player who cant play hockey, but the dude can fight while being a giant. And on top of that...Scott is gonna be motivated because he knows whats coming.

If orr has to fight scott, so be it. But i personally want mcalaren just because of the height

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Thank god we're facing Buffalo this weekend, no I'm not saying we should look down on them or anything, but with 3 centres missing, we'd get destroyed by a top end team.

Hoping we can pull one or two wins in the next three games until Bozak+Kadri come back next thursday

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ok - haters and Debbie Downers ... We're missing Bozak, Kadri, and Bollandl; our top 3 centres .. If the Leafs do not play particularly well, this MIGHT have to do something with it so let's not bash the whole ****ing team if they lose - temper your bloody expectations

This has been a public service announcement

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
3 centers out...like we didn't have problems down the middle to begin with. If we lose even 1 game out of the 2 i'm going to destroy something beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad