Pre-Game Talk: Going Sasquatch Chopping: Leafs @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Trevor smith and greg mckegg are in buffalo today. Not certain who gets in the lineup tonight. #tmltalk

Asif16*

JVR-Mcclement-Kessel
Lupul-MCegg-CLarkson
Raymond-Smithson-Kulemin
Mclaren-Smith-Orr

Maybe? lol i dont know

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
does anyone actually think we can win tonight? no centers, buffalo's first game with different coach, the buffalo factor..if we do win it will need to be 1-0 or 2-1 but problem is everytime we play there buffalo's offense becomes the best in the league, and their PP becomes the best in the league lol on second thought i think pominville was a huge part of the beatings in buffalo..we have some hope!

What's the point of thinking that the Leafs are going to lose? So, you can brag on the Internet that you were right when the Leafs do lose? I think the Leafs can win every game -- regardless of who they are playing. I don't see any reason for me to think otherwise. The only benefit I can see to thinking that the Leafs will lose is to avoid disappointment and that seems pretty weak as disappointment is a big part of being a sports fan.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Can't wait for the Miller god-mode vs Leafs performance

Is John Scott playing tonight or is he still suspended?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I agree with what someone else said, starting line-up should be Orr, Clarkson, MacLaren, get that **** over with, set the tone early, and beat the living **** out of them

just start whaling on that scum Kaleta too

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
What's the point of thinking that the Leafs are going to lose? So, you can brag on the Internet that you were right when the Leafs do lose? I think the Leafs can win every game -- regardless of who they are playing. I don't see any reason for me to think otherwise. The only benefit I can see to thinking that the Leafs will lose is to avoid disappointment and that seems pretty weak as disappointment is a big part of being a sports fan.

I agree with you 100%. I think it's because of all the disappointment over the last years, the people now are really scared of believing that the Leafs can finally win games (even with big injuries).

Again, I agree with what you say, but even myself i have a hard time having confidence with this team because of all those ****** years that i tough we would make it to the playoffs or at least, not finish close to the bottom. Injuries or not, i'm still not sold on believing this team would make the playoffs. Last year was last year.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Can't wait for the Miller god-mode vs Leafs performance

Is John Scott playing tonight or is he still suspended?

Scott is in the line up expected to play with Tropp (The guy whose fought Devane in the pre-season which resulted in a broken jaw from Devane and a concussion from hitting the ice) and McCormick (A "spicy" middleweight fighter).

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Scott is in the line up expected to play with Tropp (The guy whose fought Devane in the pre-season which resulted in a broken jaw from Devane and a concussion from hitting the ice) and McCormick (A "spicy" middleweight fighter).

Lol gonna be some fireworks tonight then

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I think we should be able to manage at least 3 out of 4 points the next 2 games. Hoping for 4 but we'll see how it goes :)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I hope they beat that mother ****ing piece of **** down. He deserves everything he gets tonight.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
I think we should be able to manage at least 3 out of 4 points the next 2 games. Hoping for 4 but we'll see how it goes :)

Can we win 0 to -1? Because this team can't score. The production from the bottom 9 is laughable and the JVR experiment at center has looked terribad offensively as the top line has dried up.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 2m
Optional skate for the leafs....no bernier on the ice just reimer. does bernier start tonight and reimer tomorrow ?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I agree with what someone else said, starting line-up should be Orr, Clarkson, MacLaren, get that **** over with, set the tone early, and beat the living **** out of them

just start whaling on that scum Kaleta too

You have to do it smartly, though, something I wouldn't expect out of Orr and McClaren. If they put the team shorthanded tonight, you all should be livid.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine all our players getting suspended in these next 2 games :laugh:

Either, these games are going to get out of hand, or the refs are going to be so strict, that as soon as John Scott touches the ice, he and whoever are going to be tossed

Asif16*

Imagine all our players getting suspended in these next 2 games :laugh:

Huge brawl.

Ott goes in for a huge hit on gunnarson.

Phaneuf comes into his defense and starts whaling. Foligno jumps phaneuf.

Clarskon jumps foligno. Lupul starts puonding on Myers. And all hell breaks loose.

Benches clear. Orr and Mclaren jumps scott while Kessel is two handing away on his feet.

Stafford jumps on kessels back. Jvr jumps stafford.

Mark fraser is taking on three buffalo players at the same time and whooping all their *****.

Bernier and Miller meet up...but this time miller runs away to the lockerrom.

Moulson and Raymond are hugging each other in the corner.

Hodgson is like "**** this ****. Powerpuff girls are on". And leaves the building.

Ranger is still lying on top of reimer on the bench

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Randy Carlyle says Trevor Smith will be used in an offensive capacity tonight.

good. it only makes sense. guy has been tearing it up offensively in the NHL, and isn't much good defensively. Stick him with Lupul and Clarkson and on the PP and hope he can do something against the AHL-calibre opposition tonight.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Randy Carlyle says Trevor Smith will be used in an offensive capacity tonight.

good. it only makes sense. guy has been tearing it up offensively in the NHL, and isn't much good defensively. Stick him with Lupul and Clarkson and on the PP and hope he can do something against the AHL-calibre opposition tonight.

I am saying one goal and 2 assists for him tonight :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad