Pre-Game Talk: Going Sasquatch Chopping: Leafs @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
This can either be extremely boring due to having to ice half an AHL team and having no centers left to generate any sort of scoring.

Orrrrrrrrr it will just be a giant goon brawl and be fun.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Put Kulemin at center. He's defensively responsible and has the speed to keep up with Kessel/JVR, plus he can dig pucks out for them pretty well. Actually, isn't he pretty good on faceoffs too? I remember him usually winning when Grabo would get kicked out.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If we had just Naz or Tyler, I would say we win.

Now with a new coach, at an unfriendly building, these 3 games are
quite the toss up.

Even though the D has played well, they're going to have to step up
even more.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Put Kulemin at center. He's defensively responsible and has the speed to keep up with Kessel/JVR, plus he can dig pucks out for them pretty well. Actually, isn't he pretty good on faceoffs too? I remember him usually winning when Grabo would get kicked out.

When Korolev was alive, he was awesome, since his death, quite poor.
I think Nik's aversion to playing C, is more the defensive responsibility, which I'm sure he could perform.

o Oblivious

Sep 30, 2013
Leafs always seem to stink it up in at least one of the games when they play back to back. I predict we will go 1-1 with them. One game we will play great, the other game we will look terrible.

Personally, I feel like the Leafs likely will win the Friday game, and then get crushed Saturday.

Also, I doubt there will be much in the fighting/goon department. Buffalo will be anxious to prove themselves to their new coach, and lets face it, its not Ron Rolston. I doubt Nolan pulls the **** he did.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I think Gardiner's roving style of play could be an alright fit for a C. Allows him to retrieve the puck and skate it knowing he's still got 2 behind him.

Our C depth is hilariously bad now, first line center Jay McClemment :laugh: Hope we win these.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If we had just Naz or Tyler, I would say we win.

Now with a new coach, at an unfriendly building, these 3 games are
quite the toss up.

Even though the D has played well, they're going to have to step up
even more.

Considering the number of Leaf fans that will be in attendance I wouldn't consider Buffalo an unfriendly situation, or any Canadian city for that matter. Heck there were over 5,000 leaf fans in minnesota

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Easy part of the schedule coming up:

FxAGTbZ.png

No excuse not to win at least 6 of 8.

Maybe easier should be used instead of easy.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs always seem to stink it up in at least one of the games when they play back to back. I predict we will go 1-1 with them. One game we will play great, the other game we will look terrible.

Personally, I feel like the Leafs likely will win the Friday game, and then get crushed Saturday.

Also, I doubt there will be much in the fighting/goon department. Buffalo will be anxious to prove themselves to their new coach, and lets face it, its not Ron Rolston. I doubt Nolan pulls the **** he did.

Funny they were talking about when Nolan was the coach there and said the players loved him, but they had a bunch of tough players. Barnably, Ray, Boughner, Shannon, Galley, May.

Nolan might be a goon coach.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Maybe easier should be used instead of easy.

There is not one single easy game in the next 8 games. Especially, with our shortage at the C position. We might just go 4 and 4. I hope we can do 5 and 3 at minimum.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I hate to be doom and gloom, but I'm very concerned that we will lose both games.

You are not the only one. Our players better not take the Sabres too lightly. They'll be trying to impress their new Coach and President of Hockey Ops.

I'd be overjoyed if we won both, however, getting 3 of 4 points would be acceptable to me. Let's hope we don't get skunked!

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Well if Kadri is out too than we may not even have a chance against Buffalo. Too many lost players to even handle anymore. We have been boring as hell lately too. If we lose can we at least goon it up like the preseason game and have some brawls to wake us up or something. Give Orr and McLaren top 6 minutes, call up Broll and Devane.

Projected Line Up:

McLaren-McClement-Orr
Devane- Smithson- Broll
Ashton-Smith-Clarkson
Lupul-JVR-Kessel(give this line around 5-8 minutes, let Kessel come on when we need a fight to get the game going, preferably against Brian Flynn)

Fraser-Phaneuf
Ranger-Holzer
Brennan-Gardiner

BERNIER
Reimer

Had a little chuckle with my cup of coffee reading this post. :laugh:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Honestly might not be such a bad idea to ice gardiner as a forward. Especially since we hve enough d to play without him there.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
does anyone actually think we can win tonight? no centers, buffalo's first game with different coach, the buffalo factor..if we do win it will need to be 1-0 or 2-1 but problem is everytime we play there buffalo's offense becomes the best in the league, and their PP becomes the best in the league lol on second thought i think pominville was a huge part of the beatings in buffalo..we have some hope!

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I don't care not to see fighting tonight. I'm ok with defending players, or to turn the momentum around. But were here to win hockey, and get those 4 points. For those that think about fighting Scott before winning, GSP is defending his belt this tomorrow in Vegas.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
does anyone actually think we can win tonight? no centers, buffalo's first game with different coach, the buffalo factor..if we do win it will need to be 1-0 or 2-1 but problem is everytime we play there buffalo's offense becomes the best in the league, and their PP becomes the best in the league lol on second thought i think pominville was a huge part of the beatings in buffalo..we have some hope!

We're playing Buffalo. Not even an average AHL team. LA should be embarrassed that they lost the other night. We can and will win.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Both A and B are really good points. We're hurting enough as it is, and the NHL's decided we'll be their example for teams across the league.

Goalie and defense have to have a big game tomorrow, we're struggling enough to score as it is, and losing Kadri hurts. We need these two games badly.

Taking anything to help ease the paranoia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad