Pre-Game Talk: Going Sasquatch Chopping: Leafs @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

now with kadri suspended

on Saturday, we will probably have to hear healy say that kadri is a stupid player and reckless,

with that being said, I still think we can win both these games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Hey uh Tim? Yeah it's Dave... yeah sorry for putting you in the minors, but we need you back, I need you back"

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Predictions for the leafs centers next game

Ill start: Raymond-Lupul-mcclement-smithson

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Hopefully the Leafs can start concentrating on the defensive system now that their lineup is out of balance. With the quality goaltending they get the team could be scary if they start playing a full defensive game concentrating on the forecheck and creating off of turnovers. One of these days Clarkson is going to have a big game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Time to put JVR back on the wing

My line up would be:

Mcclement Kessel Lupul
Smithson Clarkson JVR
Smith Kulemin Raymond
Orr Mclaren

Dress 7 D.

Main thing is get JVR back on the wing.

leafstilldeath*

Andrew Chan ‏@bosoxfan929 1h
Rob Ford has been the Center of attention last few weeks. Can we make him the Center for the #leafs? I'm sure he can Crack the lineup.

Need some humor after all the crap we have to go through as leafs fans.

Mr Scarface*

Our playoff avatar theme is definitely going to be "we're hard"
Oh man that would great! If anyone can do that on the internet it would be the most best!

Thinking about how hard ass our coach is it isnt' that surprising at all that his team plays that hard edge game. Now we got another playerd suspended (in Kadri) and have had so many others... Clarkson etc. Other teams don't like to play against our team ever again cause they know their players get hurt really bad. Sometimes even for seasons. People are really talking about the Leafs... everywhere I go all I see is the same thing. Maple Leafs that Maple leafs this... how did they get away with that? Etc etc. their team is really hard and pushing our team.... people are really talking now. Some say that too bad the leafs aren't anymore the team who we laugh at.... damn that made me smile one day. Then "they" said the leafs are playing really dirty at times but now being a contender at the same time and boston not being able to push us around. And like I'll be on some real **** and say like chara is the biggest tower out there and him being alert too. And like if chara or lucic got on the way some leafs would be making them pay with bruises and all.... and like they was really hitting hard chara in the playoffs. Kadri and all the smaller guys too, they really gave it to chara and him being bruised up and all.

Has been a great two seasons these two so far. People are really talking about us and forgetting the world itself totally. One time one guy forgot about himself totally and all he talked about was the leafs and how they were so hard in so many levels.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Thinking Fridays game will be a fight fest. 50/50 crowd, loud building, new coach, players amped up to play for nolan..not a good combination. Hope I'm wrong though. Put JVR back to the wing and bring up mclement. He can't be any worse. Riellys gotta play one of these games.

leafstilldeath*

Time to put JVR back on the wing

My line up would be:

Mcclement Kessel Lupul
Smithson Clarkson JVR
Smith Kulemin Raymond
Orr Mclaren

Dress 7 D.

Main thing is get JVR back on the wing.

Smith/Smithson JVR Kessel
Smithson/Smith Clarkson Lupul
McClement Kulemin Raymond (Checking line - since RC likes to match lines)
Orr Mclaren (Ashton against NYI instead of McLaren)

Dress 7 D.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Thinking Fridays game will be a fight fest. 50/50 crowd, loud building, new coach, players amped up to play for nolan..not a good combination. Hope I'm wrong though. Put JVR back to the wing and bring up mclement. He can't be any worse. Riellys gotta play one of these games.

I bet you that McClement and Bozak are pretty similar in offensive ability. If you put Bozak on the third or 4th line, he won't get any points either. Jay can produce at the same level as Bozak playing with Kessel and JvR.

Mr Scarface*

I bet you that McClement and Bozak are pretty similar in offensive ability. If you put Bozak on the third or 4th line, he won't get any points either. Jay can produce at the same level as Bozak playing with Kessel and JvR.
McClement is a very fine player to have and I for one wouldn't get rid of him ever. He is a detalje player who does everything right.

Nonetheless McClement's passing ability isn't near Bozak's. Bozak sees the game pretty damn good as he has proved in many scenarios. His playmaking abilities are better than McClement's. McClement with Kessel and others would still keep him defensively oriented and minded. He would not be able to make plays Bozak does. Bozak sees the game and its players offensively better than McClement. Therefore they (Carly) uses Bozak with these type of players (caliber as kessel etc.) McCLement is better with players like Kulemin and McLaren for example. I'm sure with your experience you'll agree that Bozak's passing game and stickhandling offensively are better than McClement's? Bozak thinks more offensively minded than McClement, naturally.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Predictions for the leafs centers next game

Ill start: Raymond-Lupul-mcclement-smithson

Wouldn't shock me, Carlyle did say he might try another forward out at centre next game, he seemed stubborn on wanting a guy up from the minors. What I don't get is they're running with 7D back on the blueline, why not use a guy like Gardiner out at centre? Might make some sense.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Smith/Smithson JVR Kessel
Smithson/Smith Clarkson Lupul
McClement Kulemin Raymond (Checking line - since RC likes to match lines)
Orr Mclaren (Ashton against NYI instead of McLaren)

Dress 7 D.

Have to think Mcclement is our default #1C now, maybe he can free up Kessel and Lupul by them knowing there is someone taking care of our own end.

I actually like to try Clarkson and JVR together.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McKegg deserves a look to be honest. Good time to see where he is at in terms of development. He's looked pretty good with the Marlies.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
We are at 23 roster players. We cant do ****, unless we waive or trade. Otherwise jvr and raymond play center.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
After Buffalo's turnover this week and Kadri getting suspended and our goal scoring drying up these last few games, I've got a bad feeling about this game.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
why the worry?

it's not like C is leafs strong suit...even if lack of C is forcing wingers to become C...leafs are a team built around wingers.

Last edited:

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Just looked at the standings and we're somehow still 3rd :laugh:.

I don't think a free agent C signing would be the worst thing. Lombardi anyone? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad