GDT: [GM62] Canucks vs Kings | Thur. Feb 29th, 7:00pm | SNP | True Canadian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Since the start of the year I’ve never liked the top six wingers. Boeser has done better than I thought and he’s been fine. However, they are too soft. Not built for playoff hockey IMO.
I would question if we even have top six wingers besides Boeser?

We have:

#1C Miller
#1C Pettersson
#1LW Boeser
#2C Lindholm

None of the other forwards should be in the top 6 of a Cup contender.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
He's been one of the better players this game.

Your narrative isn't reality and sounds just as stupid as when you wanted to waive boeser last year, ignoring all context again.

For real dude you're not seeing reality. You could easily watch this game and count half a dozen impact plays by lindholm.
All of which tocchet saw and will be on the tape tomorrow.
How many by mik or 12m man or whoever you like rn.

Lindholms overall body of work since joining the Canucks has been bad.

He played poorly in Calgary prior to the trade, and is continuing to do so.

He's been playing like a third liner. Look at his stat line, advanced stats, then actual games, then the results and circle back about "reality" and "stupidity".

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's been one of the better players this game.

Your narrative isn't reality and sounds just as stupid as when you wanted to waive boeser last year, ignoring all context again.

For real dude you're not seeing reality. You could easily watch this game and count half a dozen impact plays by lindholm.
All of which tocchet saw and will be on the tape tomorrow.
How many by mik or 12m man or whoever you like rn.

I never ‘wanted to waive Boeser’.

I said he would clear waivers, and he would have, and when pressed you actually agreed with that statement.

Lol at your definition of ‘impact play’.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
By your logic Bains is on PP1 and JT Miller is on PP2.

They’ve been splitting who gets the first shift on the PP. There isn’t a PP1 right now.

It’s a year of shit play, not 3 weeks. He was terrible in Calgary, same as here, and was turning into a whipping boy by the time he left.

The guy is supposed to be an impact player, we paid the price for an impact player, and he’s been a soft timid ghost. Making the odd good defensive play while doing nothing to move the needle isn’t enough.
He's still on the pp with the franchise C.

So he's being deployed In all big situations offensively and defensively. Seems like that rather impactful.

Clearly tocchet disagrees with you.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What we're witnessing is the serious limitations of 'Tocchet hockey'. It's a system that requires an incredible amount of energy....and right now the Canucks just don't have it.

The other thing you notice is the number of smurfs up front. Maybe it's the absence of Joshua, but this forward is 'small' and physically underwhelming. Too often they're one and done in the offensive zone because the simply cant win a puck battle.

In the playoffs, it's return of 'big boy' hockey. And right now this Canucks team wouldn't last five games in any series.

But I suppose the 'positive' is that Rutherford and Allvin are obviously seeing the same thing. So there's still time to add some beef up front. But as of right now, I just don't see a long playoff run being in the cards for this group.

And it's the reason you don't blow your brains out by surrendering any more draft picks or top-end prospects at the TDL for short-term fixes.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
By your logic Bains is on PP1 and JT Miller is on PP2.

They’ve been splitting who gets the first shift on the PP. There isn’t a PP1 right now.

It’s a year of shit play, not 3 weeks. He was terrible in Calgary, same as here, and was turning into a whipping boy by the time he left.

The guy is supposed to be an impact player, we paid the price for an impact player, and he’s been a soft timid ghost. Making the odd good defensive play while doing nothing to move the needle isn’t enough.

I wrote my post above before catching this, but it's 100% accurate. I watched a ton of Lindholm before his arrival; he's lost a step, doesn't carry the puck, doesn't drive play, and, as mentioned, is generally timid.

Reactions: B-rock and MS

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I never ‘wanted to waive Boeser’.

I said he would clear waivers, and he would have, and when pressed you actually agreed with that statement.

Lol at your definition of ‘impact play’.
Its just a joke that you complained about the flashy Kuzmenko and then we trade him for one of the best defensive rhs top six Cs in the league...

And you're (all) complaining he doesn't look enough like Kuzmenko?!?!

Wat.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
get mikheyev Lindholm off this team.

Bains experiment is OVER. Send him the f*** down.

Go back to pp setup from earlier this year…….

Don’t let suter play anywhere near the top 6.

Sit Cole and his tired ass.

Reduce Hronek’s ice time and put him back to the 2nd pp unit. Get rid of him if he’s asking more than $7M

DO NOT PUT PETEY WITH f***ING LAFFERTY.

Give Hoglander more ice time you twerps.

Get Lindholm and mikheyev off this team.

Do not put suter and Blueger togerher FFS

Reactions: geebaan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
All the good will built up by Tocchet will be pissed down the drain if he rolls with the same line combos on Sunday.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Definitely need Joshua and Soucy back.

Bains experiment should be over. Good story but think I'd prefer to give Podz some games. I think Podz is more built for Tocchet system and against heavier teams.

Reactions: Donuts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad