GDT: [GM62] Canucks vs Kings | Thur. Feb 29th, 7:00pm | SNP | True Canadian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Lindholm is a smart player that can compliment star players. He is not a carry his own line type of player. I guess Tocchet didn’t get the memo?

I don't know how anyone can scout Lindholm and not see that his most successful years were with very skilled and productive wingers. Tocchet needs to play these guys to their strengths, and right now that's not happening.

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's still on the pp with the franchise C.

So he's being deployed In all big situations offensively and defensively. Seems like that rather impactful.

Clearly tocchet disagrees with you.

He hasn't worked at all on the PP and was removed from PP1 before they did the weird split thing they're doing now. And Arshdeep Bains is also on the PP with the franchise C.

He has the worst PPGA/60 of anyone on the team who has 5+ PP minutes this year.

Of course Tocchet is playing their big acquisition in the minutes he's supposed to be able to cover. It would be freaking weird if he didn't. But is he getting the job done in those roles? Hell no.

Tocchet is also playing Mikheyev with Pettersson. Are you saying that that's a great move we can't question, too?

Its just a joke that you complained about the flashy Kuzmenko and then we trade him for one of the best defensive rhs top six Cs in the league...

And you're (all) complaining he doesn't look enough like Kuzmenko?!?!

Wat.

This is one of the weirdest posts of I've ever seen putting a pile of words into my mouth I never said.

I loved Kuzmenko. I never complained about him, other than by the end realizing it wasn't going to work out and it was better to invest that money elsewhere.

And I'm not even remotely asking him to play like Kuzmenko. I want him to play like Blueger or Suter or Garland and just f***ing *COMPETE* and move his feet and engage with opposing defenders and win some battles and create a scoring chance through his effort once in a blue f***ing moon. I don't give a shit about dangles and Lindholm isn't a dangles guy. But when he was good he was a guy who competed and won puck battles for his line. Right now he's a timid, disengaged player waiting for the play to come to him rather than going out and working hard and making chances for hiimself and his line.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
If this team misses those 2 this much then we're probably not a legit contender.

I'm not saying Soucy or Joshua are superstars but it's clear the defense and 3rd line are much better when they are in the lineup. I think the Canucks are 16-1-2 in the last 19 with Soucy in the lineup. He just does a lot of underrated things on the ice that helps a team win. Same goes for Joshua and the 3rd line.

Hughes looks gassed. Can’t even put any mustard on break out passes or clears. Hopefully he’s not nursing an injury or something.
Teams have been targeting him relentlessly. A loose track of all the slashes he receives

Reactions: DimitriL07

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He hasn't worked at all on the PP and was removed from PP1 before they did the weird split thing they're doing now. And Arshdeep Bains is also on the PP with the franchise C.

He has the worst PPGA/60 of anyone on the team who has 5+ PP minutes this year.

Of course Tocchet is playing their big acquisition in the minutes he's supposed to be able to cover. It would be freaking weird if he didn't. But is he getting the job done in those roles? Hell no.

Tocchet is also playing Mikheyev with Pettersson. Are you saying that that's a great move we can't question, too?

This is one of the weirdest posts of I've ever seen putting a pile of words into my mouth I never said.

I loved Kuzmenko. I never complained about him, other than by the end realizing it wasn't going to work out and it was better to invest that money elsewhere.

And I'm not even remotely asking him to play like Kuzmenko. I want him to play like Blueger or Suter or Garland and just f***ing *COMPETE* and move his feet and engage with opposing defenders and win some battles and create a scoring chance through his effort once in a blue f***ing moon. I don't give a shit about dangles and Lindholm isn't a dangles guy. But when he was good he was a guy who competed and won puck battles for his line. Right now he's a timid, disengaged player waiting for the play to come to him rather than going out and working hard and making chances for hiimself and his line.
Tocchet is playing three Cs on purpose so there's only so many wingers.
He's playing lindholm top mins because he's performing , thus why he keeps playing them. If you were right that wouldn't be the case, like Kuzmenko.

He's not an energy grinder, he's a high iq top six C, making an impact on both ends of the ice if you want to see it, like clearly the coaches do so it has to be reality.
Multiple times this game, they're there to see and count. He's not floating he's in position. If he wasn't he wouldn't keep playing ALL SITUATIONS.

Yall need to put the pitchforks away its been a few weeks lmao cmon..

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Worst home game of the season.

Wondered if the Pettersson drama would turn this into a trap game and ... apparently yes. But also not helped by bizarre lineup decisions by the coaches. None of the lines worked and none of the lines made sense.

Pettersson was poor again and hopefully comes out of this if the contract stuff gets settled shortly.

JT Miller wasn't superhuman tonight and when that doesn't happen there aren't enough guys pulling the right way. Hoglander was good. Garland was good. 4th line worked hard. And that's about it.

Lindholm is just a non-entity right now. Boeser scored a nice goal but the backcheck on the 5-1 goal ... my god. That was probably the laziest/worst/most checked out defensive play by a Canuck this year. Mikheyev should be nowhere but the bottom 6. Bains had jump tonight but isn't effective and is oddly getting played way too much. Why is that line starting periods?

Go back to the PP that works.

Go back to the Lotto line.

Go back to Garland and Blueger together.

Most of all, you have a 10-point lead on the division and Mark Friedman is a reliable player. Use him to give your D some rest days down the stretch.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, Boeser, Hronek, Lindholm are obviously exhausted, but they need to start playing like our top players.

Pettersson needs to deal with his contract situation because he hasn't looked good for quite sometime now. Hopefully with a clearer mind he can find his form.

Demko needs to be rested. He is getting over worked. Time to play DeSmith in games.

Hughes needs to stop doing so much and simplify his game. Too much skating and doing too much by himself. Quit forcing plays that aren't there.

Boeser needs to start skating again. Plays too soft and floats around like a fart. Skate and back check when necessary.

Hronek needs to find his game again. Wtf happened.

Lindholm needs to settle in and get involved. I won't criticize too much just yet, but he needs to use his shot and find himself again offensively.

Lately no one is leading the brigade other than Miller, and he can only do so much. These star players need to refresh and simplify their game, get shots to the net. Keep it simple, go for rebounds.

The month of February was ugly and I'm ready to move on.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I've been underwhelmed by Lindholm so far but I'll give him some more time to adjust. I do think this team sorely lacks another quality winger since Mikheyev is a ghost.

Reactions: B-rock

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Did Minny break us with their 10 goals double hattricks game? Feels like we have been largely disappointing since then?
Hughes also hasn't looked like the Norris winner in the last little bit. Exhausted?

Reactions: David71

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
You could say Lindholm is as advertised... sure, smart player, has skill, knows where to be on the ice. But he simply isn't a play driver and he's not going to be digging anyone out of their holes.

That said, this had to be one of the worst games the team has played in the season. Just steadily outplayed then straight up styled on in the 3rd. Props to the Kings as their young guns showed off skill and they played us tight but sustaining efforts like this will get us blasted in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Can we pay like five 5th round picks to have 5 teams retain and help broker a Mikheyev trade? This guy is pissing me off more than Eriksson

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Mikhayev 0 for 29
Suter 0 for 13
Petterssson 1 for 10
Garland 0 for 7
Lindholm 0 for 6
Bains 0 for 5

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tocchet is playing three Cs on purpose so there's only so many wingers.
He's playing lindholm top mins because he's performing , thus why he keeps playing them. If you were right that wouldn't be the case, like Kuzmenko.

He's not a energy grinder, he's a high iq top six C, making an impact on both ends of the ice if you want to see it, like clearly the coaches do so it has to be reality.
Multiple times this game, they're there to see and count. He's not floating he's in position. If he wasn't he wouldn't keep playing ALL SITUATIONS

Yall need to put the pitchforks away its been a few weeks lmao cmon..

It isn't 'pitchforks'. It's reasonable expectation. We paid a big price for a guy who is supposed to make an impact and that hasn't happened and he isn't moving his feet and competing. I loved this player a couple years ago. But I watch a lot of Calgary games and I was really concerned about the trade talk involving him because he had been really bad for Calgary this year. And convinced myself at the time of the deal that he'd probably perk up here ... but it hasn't happened.

He isn't performing. He's been bad on both special teams and is generating absolutely zilch offensively at ES.

I'm not asking him to be an energy grinder. Blueger and Suter aren't energy grinders. But they work and compete and win puck battles. Lindholm used to do that. He wasn't doing it in Calgary this year and he isn't doing it here. He needs to wake the f*** up.

'The coach is doing it so it must be right and you can't argue it' isn't an argument.

Reactions: B-rock

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It isn't 'pitchforks'. It's reasonable expectation. We paid a big price for a guy who is supposed to make an impact and that hasn't happened and he isn't moving his feet and competing. I loved this player a couple years ago. But I watch a lot of Calgary games and I was really concerned about the trade talk involving him because he had been really bad for Calgary this year. And convinced myself at the time of the deal that he'd probably perk up here ... but it hasn't happened.

He isn't performing. He's been bad on both special teams and is generating absolutely zilch offensively at ES.

I'm not asking him to be an energy grinder. Blueger and Suter aren't energy grinders. But they work and compete and win puck battles. Lindholm used to do that. He wasn't doing it in Calgary this year and he isn't doing it here. He needs to wake the f*** up.

'The coach is doing it so it must be right and you can't argue it' isn't an argument.
Nothing you're saying is supported by reality.

He's performing and continuing to be put in the big situations because he makes good plays all over the ice repeatedly.
Clearly the coaches see it and like it.

He's been good and making an impact its very evident to see if you want. If you want him to be something he's not might as well just force kuz into a selke player..

If you want more offense dont play him with a kid, and he'll look better, like he did with hog.

Temper the expectations to fit real life and maybe give it more than like two week not on a road trip?!?!

Cmon. This is difficult.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
In fairness to Lindholm he finally get a couple player he looks good with and then Tocc throws him with 2 guys struggling with no chemistry or chance to build it

Mikhayev and Suter suck and unfortunately they have term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad