GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Predators beat writer on why the crowd wasn't as loud as you'd expect. Gives big props to Vancouver fans and Canucks' presentation.

Vancouver also had a 9 year wait between home playoff games - that adds a level of fervor and insanity that is hard for fanbases that have been to the dance more recently to match, in fairness.

EDIT: To the writer, and LB's point, our game presentation crew has definitely been in top form for a good while now.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Why is everyone on these boards always in a rush to always completely juggle up the lines. Lines 1, 3 and 4 have been good/great. Pettersson line is starting to wake up with Hoglander, Pettersson and Mikheyev having the best games they've had this playoffs (for Mikheyev I'd argue this calendar year).

I just don't understand why people would want to get Suter off of Miller and Boeser line when he's been fantastic there and dump him in the bottom 6. Same thing with splitting up the Lindholm line.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I was curious about how important game 4 was in the context of a 7 game series. To my surprise, in a sample set of 615 series, the winner of game 4 only went on to win the series around 58% of the time. And that includes series that were sweeps (i.e the winner of game 4 took the series).

Remarkably the probability of winning the series if winning game 7 was 100%...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yeah the in-arena experience(outside of the narrow halls) has been much better this year. I went to a few games during the Benning era and it wasn't terrible but not good either.

I like that we've been leaning into our "Hollywood North" persona with the in house opens, which have been fun.

Cranking the siren, adding Crazy P, and a lot of the stoppage time entertainment they do is pretty good stuff as well. It's been a good time.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
giphy.gif

Reactions: M2Beezy and Vector

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Vancouver also had a 9 year wait between home playoff games - that adds a level of fervor and insanity that is hard for fanbases that have been to the dance more recently to match, in fairness.

EDIT: To the writer, and LB's point, our game presentation crew has definitely been in top form for a good while now.

Minor correction: 9 years SUFFERING. No, this wasn't just wait, this was pure unadulterated suffering for the fans.

What's happening right now, is catharsis, and vindication.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Predators beat writer on why the crowd wasn't as loud as you'd expect. Gives big props to Vancouver fans and Canucks' presentation.

Having been to both home games thus far, the “towel hype person” is just rather weird, I don’t think most people know what’s going on, and everyone would wave their towel anyway because it’s tradition. Everything else has been top notch.

Having a random person in full gear standing like Neilson (who was a coach) is just super odd. Both times I’ve heard multiple people in my section wonder what is going on. I’ve also heard multiple crazy theories from people who don’t know the history as to what it’s supposed to mean.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's a meaningless game. Canucks just needed the split in Nashville, they already have that.

Should have forfeited and flew back home Friday night.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Totally useless stat time, believe the Canucks are 4-1-3 in afternoon games this season.
But Luongo...

Also you know Tocchet wants this win since it will mean he has won more playoff games for the Canucks than Willie D...

Last edited:

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Will be very interesting to see the adjustments each coach makes this game - each coach's changes have been quite interesting on a game by game basis, but haven't really been discussed much.

Nashville was basically double teaming Hughes last game and he couldn't break through, which completely stiffled the Canucks transition game. Hronek, who's with Hughes to help when this happens, was completely useless in the breakout game - he needs to step up, otherwise he's no better than Luke Schenn was with Hughes. Curious to see what Tocchet does to adjust here, as the bottom 4 aren't going to magically become good puck movers.

On the other side, Nashville is probably extremely frustrated with how the Canucks have played in front of their net. Chances were 5-3 iirc last game despite the shot differential because those bottom 4 guys are incredible at collapsing and clearing the front of the net. Wonder what Brunette does in order to open up more opportunities. He's already exhausted the option of play the top line more, so I'm curious tactically if he has any aces up his sleeves.

Reactions: alternate

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
need hoglander to step it up hes been overwhelming these past 3 games. he had that glorious chance off that petteson pass but saros stopped him

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
But Luongo...

Also you know Tocchet wants this win since it will mean he has won more playoff games for the Canucks than Willie D...
His obsessive longing for this accolade has not gone unnoticed...

need hoglander to step it up hes been overwhelming these past 3 games. he had that glorious chance off that petteson pass but saros stopped him
He did a good job getting under some skin last game. Drew a penalty. I know that's a bit of a low bar, and you're right we need more from him, but it is a key part of his game that was noticeable.

Reactions: David71

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Really want to see Petey come to life in this game and hit the back of the net.

Its now Game 4, and it is time for our franchise center to make an impact. Petey's soon-to-be 11.6M cap hit would make him the 5th highest paid player in the NHL in 2023-2024. I believe it will still propel him into the top 10 salaries in NHL in 2024-2025.

Play like it buddy.

Reactions: DarrenX and David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad