GDT: [GM62] Canucks vs Kings | Thur. Feb 29th, 7:00pm | SNP | True Canadian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Yep, this team isn't shit. I'd unironically make a shakeup trade with this core. EP just isn't playing like a franchise player this season and it's so evident in games like this. Last season's Pettersson looks dangerous in these games. This season's EP is a wet noodle.

Who would want this version of EP at 12+ mil? When has he put the team on his back this season against a team that isn't bottom of the barrel?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think the losses have created a bit too much negativity. The team wasn’t playing bad 5v5 outside of Seattle before tonight. Pretty disappointing effort but I think they still turn it around

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
First slump of the year. It was going to come at some point. They look slow and frustrated. Pretty painful to watch and the coaching staff isn’t reading the room here - stayed way to long with ineffective line combos IMO.

Reactions: maroon 6

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
All in all ... that was just another brick in the wall.

This is why I hate "let's go all in". You never know how its going to work. Every one was giddy that we got Lindholm, a little pricier than I wanted. Well how is that working out.

We have a good team, and I trust this management team to make good decisions, but I want to enjoy this team for another 15 years before my scheduled dirt nap. Do not give up any more assets please.

Reactions: TruKnyte

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Bains hugely overrated. The most he has been able to do was win a board battle or two. His offensive game is largely negated hes not fast enough nor skilled enough. His defensive game is not good enough. Quite a few times he was caught puck watching he doesn't contribute physically he can't contribute offensively nor defensively you have to wonder why hes still here?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Not Demko's best game. Earlier in the season, he wouldn't let more than 4 goals regardless of how bad he was playing

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
We have 3 regulation wins in the last 15 game…. Time to panic?

Nothing will change until that where we have 2 games. Our top end guys are absolutely gassed from carrying the team this far.

Also for the love of god why are we adding forwards? Should be adding defenseman. I mean I think we are “done” back there, but it’s not even close enough to Cup contender.

Reactions: BimJenning

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Lots of Lindy hate tonight but I actually think he’s been fine this game. EP has been far worse
100%. If you're upset about Lindholm's overall play since he joined, EP's play should be much more worrisome.

This guy isn't playing like a 1st line centre and is the biggest problem on this team right now.

Reactions: DimitriL07

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Mikheyev actually had a decent amount of energy this game…

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
There isn’t a PP1 right now. It’s split. He’d been taken off before the split.

Doing zilch offensively while getting stuck in your zone a bunch isn’t what we traded for.

You went overboard on the hype and now you’re desperately looking for tiny little positives to justify it.
So the franchise 12M C isn't on pp1?

Did plenty offensively with hog and wasn't on the ice for a goal when pinned with bains.

The only overboard is the haters here, after three f***ing weeks what a joke.

The reel of tiny little positives is long af, what do you think the coaches are showing in the Canucks video sessions?!

For real. I'd bet my house it's lindholm.
The impact is there to see if you're looking, u saw it once this game watch like that more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia