GDT: [GM62] Canucks vs Kings | Thur. Feb 29th, 7:00pm | SNP | True Canadian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: February 29th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Höglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Bains-Lindholm-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Juulsen
Cole-Myers
Zadorov-Hronek

Demko

Kings Line-Up:

Turcotte-Kopitar-Byfield
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Laferriere-Dubois-Anderson-Dolan
Lewis-Lizotte-Kaliyev

Moverare-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence

Talbot

Last edited:
Reactions: supercanuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

I would like to see how many penalties are called when a team is leading vs when a team is trailing.

Game management is a thing, the tale is usual. Team jumps out to a lead and is carrying momentum, other team takes penalties, the refs eventually stop calling things and then takes every opportunity to penalize the leading team to even up the calls or bring the other team back into the game.

It's almost to the point where you may as well just make your infractions worth it when you know the refs are going to even things up. I remember that 2007-2010 Ducks team not giving a flying **** and taking every opportunity to commit infractions because they knew the refs would stop calling penalties after the first few....

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Get points in this one.

Mikheyev I don’t know man, either bench him or what.

I actually thought Mikheyev moved and played decently last game. But any time he has a chance to make an offensive attacking play (setting up a goal or scoring chance), the play dies on his stick. It's like he's got the yips.

Reactions: Vector

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

These guys got to get their sh!t together and stop taking garbage penalties. Both Myers and Zadorov are always taking terrible penalties because they're too lazy or lack focus not to hit the opposition high. Also, they are super careless as a group with their sticks. Gotta get it together before playoffs because that'll kill em.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I would like to see how many penalties are called when a team is leading vs when a team is trailing.

Game management is a thing, the tale is usual. Team jumps out to a lead and is carrying momentum, other team takes penalties, the refs eventually stop calling things and then takes every opportunity to penalize the leading team to even up the calls or bring the other team back into the game.

It's almost to the point where you may as well just make your infractions worth it when you know the refs are going to even things up. I remember that 2007-2010 Ducks team not giving a flying **** and taking every opportunity to commit infractions because they knew the refs would stop calling penalties after the first few....
That has been less prevalent at the end of games than it used to be. Now it is mostly in the first 45 minutes.

The refs really wanted to keep the BIG hits away from Malkin and Crosby.

Game management was so evident last game, remember that ref's name.

They will still make the playoffs. Tocchet didn't seem to unhappy.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

Certainly doesn't feel like it in our game against Minny...

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Christ, those lines didn't work last time. Garland and Lindholm have zero chemistry and Bains isn't physically ready. We also need to get Lindholm engaged offensively right now. I absolutely fail to see how Mikheyev fits in that line as he's neither retrieving pucks or seeing the ice well right now. Hoglander and Pettersson are building some chemistry but need a complementary piece on their line.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Garland - Blueger - Lafferty
Bains - Aman - Di Giuseppe
Scratch: Mikheyev

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Interesting, finally Hronek moves away from Hughes. Let's see what he can do on his own.

How tf are we 10 pts up on the Knights right now

15 actual, 9 if LA wins their 3 games in hand.

On the forward lines: I like that they are kept intact. They can always revert back to putting Lindholm up with Pettersson, but they need to see if they can upgrade Blueger with Lindholm, which then allows an impact 4th line to be built.

On Penalties: This team really needs to minimize the usage of the players that are prone to taking penalties. Immediately, that's Zadarov and Cole. LA's PP is similar to that of the Canucks'. They will burn the Canucks if the penalty rate remains unchanged.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Kings are locked into another slump......just a totally inconsistent team that cost McLellan his job.

The Pierre Luc Dubois trade is bordering on a disaster for the Kings--and the Winnipeg Jets will sending an Xmas card to Kings GM Rob Blake for the next decade.

And the way Brock Faber has come on for the Wild, the Kevin Fiala deal isn't looking that great either. Especially because it also cost them a 2022 first round draft pick.

To compound things for the Kings, arguably their best player Adrian Kempe left last night's game against Calgary with some sort of injury. Not sure of his status for tomorrow night's game.

The pressure is definitely on Blake and the Kings. If they falter and miss the playoffs we might see a house-cleaning the likes of the one in Vancouver a few seasons back.

Reactions: shuchukfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad