Post-Game Talk: [GM42] Canucks lose to Panthers | 3-4 | Studnicka, Myers, & Pettersson

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
These goalies are not very good

Think we could sign John Garrett to finish out the season?

Reactions: Indiana

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I really hope they rest Demko until March or something. I don't mind seeing Martin and Delia get lit up, but that's not something you want to put your franchise goalie through.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You’ll have to give Pettersson the Tavares/Marner treatment.

Essentially front loaded with $40+ million due in the first two seasons in SB’s so he can be taxed at his point of residence.

Gonna take a lot to convince him

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

The last 2 games prove something is up. Boeser getting put on the PP over could be chalked up to classic favouritism for a player who's been here for a while and is well liked by the good players on the team.

Lazar and Pederson are barely NHLers and really have no connection with the top players.

Reactions: CanuckCity

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I mean, maybe.

But that's the way any organization would lean in this situation.
As is sometimes the case in an appeal to authority, "any organization" would be wrong.

In my view the Canucks' chances of keeping Petey are negligible and he isn't staying here longer than the Canucks have exclusive rights to him, with Brisson at some stage echoing the words Don Meehan said to the Flames last year. Next season, with Bo gone, Kuzmenko gone, OEL and JT and BB and the gang still here taking up cap space and little to nothing of importance coming up from the farm, the Canucks will be doing well to match their pace of this season. Even if things go well for them and they improve, it isn't going to be improvement to a solid contender. I don't think Petey is stupid nor overly optimistic and his obvious and stated desire to win isn't going to be something he sees happening here.

I don't expect the Canucks are going to get Bedard. I don't really care about tanking for a higher pick. I do think that Bo and Petey want out of here and the only way to keep Petey would be to magically clear a lot of space and offer him so much money we'll wish they hadn't. Even a ridiculous overpayment may not be enough to convince him to stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and quat

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Pathetic team is so desperate to have Boeser show he has a pulse for any trade value yet he only continues to demonstrate negative value and meanwhile Kuzzy gets pissed off and screwed over so he will definitely not be back

This team is laughable

Reactions: VanillaCoke and me2

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Aquilini panic move incoming. Hire a new coach to get this amazingly built team back on track and into the playoffs!

Pathetic team is so desperate to have Boeser show he has a pulse for any trade value yet he only continues to demonstrate negative value and meanwhile Kuzzy gets pissed off and screwed over so he will definitely not be back

This team is laughable
Boudreau two ganes in a row benched Kuzmenko in the final minutes with the goalie pulled, for absolute plugs.

He won't be back.

Reactions: quat

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Aquilini panic move incoming. Hire a new coach to get this amazingly built team back on track and into the playoffs!

Boudreau two ganes in a row benched Kuzmenko in the final minutes with the goalie pulled, for absolute plugs.

He won't be back.

Hiring a new coach won’t do shit with this team.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kuzmenko is making some mistakes but the usage here late in the game and on the PP is absolutely bizarre.

They need to dump Boudreau or trade Kuzmenko as soon as possible. Wouldn't surprise me if he's scratched tomorrow.

Reactions: Vector

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
more of the same..... at this point im happy they lose.

OEL looked scared timid and completely out of sorts for most of the game. His first steps had him playing in no mans land and just rushing to get rid of the puck. Were in big trouble with him if he's this fragile after a benching. easy plays at the blueline and coming out of our zone which he usually can handle was awful

Kuzmenko was a no show. I love the guy but games like this make a 2yr bridge a good idea if they can

Boeser was barely better. The dump at the start of the 3rd that came around the net exemplified his game. Just drifts in with no determination and then when the puck emerges open on his side which he could have hustled for he instead turns and gifts Florida an easy first pass time and control. He's always reactive and flat footed where if he had determination to at least be in good spots on the ice he could get the scoring chances he needs to be effective. And thats just offensively because as we all know he's absolutely terrible defensively. I've been extremely patient waiting for a shift after the last years unfortunate events but it's getting embarrassing. i doubt he needs to shower after games

Normally i would say Pederson and Stillman need to go to Abbotsford but it's best to let these 2 keep sabotaging the season. Pederson with yet another idiotic penalty 200 ft from his goal and weak at distributing the puck. Stillman is one of the dumbest and least skilled defenseman to wear a Canuck jersey in the last 10yrs. Truly Bartkowski level but without the wheels and ability to add any kind of offense. What a fuxxing trade my god. That PK sequence where Barkov had the gaping net was mind numbing. The fact a NHLer could have such poor anticipation and positional fundamentals is something? He plays with blinders on.

Martin is a mess but he actually fought hard and gave them a chance in this one. At this point he's a bottom tier back up starting. Ideal for losing

Lazar just has nothing to add same with Lockwood right now. Maybe if we ever had a good team they could be effective protecting leads but chasing every game just shows how poor they are at producing

Myers best game this year for me. Really got burned on that goal should have counted and was activating with success most of the night. Fluctuations in play match his height

Hughes got abused. So physically overmatched without a good team around him

Bear Studnicka put in a good effort. Hopefully that goal gets something going for Studnicka because he's been getting torched. Michayev was pretty quiet but ok.

Miller is out of shape. Got paid got fat and now he's skating around with attitude and bad body language yet collecting fat pay checks and being a shitty leader.....awesome. Not a terrible game by any means but he looks sluggish and tired all the time.

As usual Petey and Horvat led the charge and Garland like Myers was really fired up and effective all night. I like Garland and he's good player but we really could get assets for him and that 5 million is more valuable in the short term recouped to keep better players or help fix the D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad