Post-Game Talk: [GM42] Canucks lose to Panthers | 3-4 | Studnicka, Myers, & Pettersson

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Honestly Bruce has been awful this season. Teams plays with no structure, blows leads consistently and no one is being held accountable for awful defensive zone play.

I would Assume Tochett is coming in to do an evalulation of the entire team and players are going to be shipped out of town shortly there after.

To everyone who is bitching about them looking at Tochett but then saying that there is no clear voice or objective of this of this team. Well now you have a clear direction with a coach who is going to be in line with Management on what is going to happen. Not someone who is fighting for a job and making questionable at best decisions this season.

I agree with most of this but the problem is that this should have happened in the summer or at the very latest in October.

And Tocchet is not exactly a popular choice. Another old coach, a crony hire, and a person with a lot of character question marks.

Plus there’s now this 4 week thing making Bruce a double lame duck that is just messy and unprofessional.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I agree with most of this but the problem is that this should have happened in the summer or at the very latest in October.

And Tocchet is not exactly a popular choice. Another old coach, a crony hire, and a person with a lot of character question marks.

Plus there’s now this 4 week thing making Bruce a double lame duck that is just messy and unprofessional.
Not to mention it's a sh*tty way to treat a veteran NHL head coach. Will also cause for any other possible future head coach to think twice before signing here.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Who would be some good options to replace Bruce.
images

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
EP waited and saw and what he saw was more of the same bullshit.
I dont see where EP would go that would be able to take on a 10+ mill cap hit and be in a sure fire better positions then the Canucks are. Colombus is worse, Detroit is where we were 5 years ago, they possible have something but will ahave to pay a bunch of people in the future, Buffalo is in the same territory as Detriot, will have to pay some of their big names very soon. Anahiem is bad, LA wont have cap room, Minny? (maybe in 4 years when those buyouts are lower cap hits) Dallas? Montreal is further back then we are to being a playoff team, Philly is probably about the same as we are. Maybe Carolina bu they have AHO and an internal cap.

NYI could be interesting in a swap of Barzal + for Petterson but thats about the only place that makes sense

There just arent a lot of teams that could afford Petey at 10+ mill

Reactions: Indiana

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Who would be some good options to replace Bruce.
The best thing to do right now is to give Colliton, who is young and seems to be getting really good defensive results right now, a try-out for the rest of the season.

Brunette is the obvious guy to try and get at the end of the year, but honestly, it's kinda hard to evaluate good coaching options as a fan.

Tocchet is too old to justify bringing in IMO.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Columbus and Philadelphia both won tonight......the tank is gathering momentum.

My only fear is that in the last couple of months then win a bunch of 'mean nothing' games and end up outside the top-10 in the draft.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Columbus and Philadelphia both won tonight......the tank is gathering momentum.

My only fear is that in the last couple of months then win a bunch of 'mean nothing' games and end up outside the top-10 in the draft.
We will get our new coach bump right out of Bedard range.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I was planning to do the whole dry February thing, but with this shitshow going on, my odds of success are looking as futile as the PK%.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I dont see where EP would go that would be able to take on a 10+ mill cap hit and be in a sure fire better positions then the Canucks are. Colombus is worse, Detroit is where we were 5 years ago, they possible have something but will ahave to pay a bunch of people in the future, Buffalo is in the same territory as Detriot, will have to pay some of their big names very soon. Anahiem is bad, LA wont have cap room, Minny? (maybe in 4 years when those buyouts are lower cap hits) Dallas? Montreal is further back then we are to being a playoff team, Philly is probably about the same as we are. Maybe Carolina bu they have AHO and an internal cap.

NYI could be interesting in a swap of Barzal + for Petterson but thats about the only place that makes sense

There just arent a lot of teams that could afford Petey at 10+ mill

Buffalo probably could, locking up Tage Thompson long term at the AAV they got him at has set them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad