Post-Game Talk: [GM42] Canucks lose to Panthers | 3-4 | Studnicka, Myers, & Pettersson

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks should have won. Really a fluke loss where Panthers got lucky with "Goalie Bob' pulling horseshoes out of his ass in the third. Only thing stopping a complete Florida meltdown. Canucks get the loss (which is good, I guess) but they deserved better. Another game were special teams was a huge factor

Good

Myers - playing his best hockey of the year. Should have been out late rather than Hughes. Wish the coach would react to what's happening in the game and whose going, instead of always putting out the same situational lineup.

Pettersson - playing well everywhere on the ice. Emerging as an elite star. Very few you would trade for this player for.

Horvat - continues to improve his two way game. Having his best season as a Canuck.

Studnicka - best of the plumbers

Poor

Lockwood - faded in this one. Never got central in the play and pushed to the perimeter.

Hughes - got bounced around all game. Was poor in his zone and couldn't handle traffic around his net. Over-played in this game and was hurting team structure. Flashes of offense hardly compensated for poor play elsewhere

Stillman - terrible on PK. Left passing lane across the front of the net totally open.

Joshua - worst of the plumbers. Trending badly after a decent start to the season.

Kuzmenko - seemingly can't find his footing on the road. Doing poorly in transition play. Mikheyev also struggling

Boeser - Like how he stumbled into Pettersson and broke up a rush. Typical of his lame effort. Would repeat my belief that he is, League-wide, the worst off-season signing.

Others

OEL - kind of drifted thru this one. Nothing really bad, nothing really good. Probably the best that we have to look forward to, moving ahead.

Miller - skated better and showed good speed on a couple of occasions. More solid effort

Surrounded by so many lousy teams makes it frustrating that these losses can't do more to improve our draft position.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Horvat hitting the scoresheet with his classic goal even after the game is over.

He will not be denied even if he has to bribe and threaten the officials after the game. Probably caught them in a back alley, yeah they don't take his goal again.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I really hope they rest Demko until March or something. I don't mind seeing Martin and Delia get lit up, but that's not something you want to put your franchise goalie through.
We already know demko will just be overplayed, overworked, or both, until he gets injured again.

Reactions: Nucker101

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, watching that game now.

Raska is an absolute POS.

Can you tell what happened there? It looked just like an unlucky collision but it's hard to tell on the one clip.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I think he was even lazier than this
I only saw the last 6 or so minutes but he really stood out literally and figuratively as not trying hard and floating. Even Boeser was in good positions and had some great chances at the end. Pettersson was the biggest effort giver from what I saw

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I only saw the last 6 or so minutes but he really stood out literally and figuratively as not trying hard and floating. Even Boeser was in good positions and had some great chances at the end. Pettersson was the biggest effort giver from what I saw
I think he gave up on the season already.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These Canuck losses are becoming fairly routine. Another two pp goals surrendered and another terrible second period which they came out trailing 2-4.

I don't think I've ever seen a group of forwards turn pucks over two feet from their own blueline more than the Canucks. And the worst offender might be Boeser. He's just becoming a huge liability along the wall in the d-zone. And you can't pay a guy $6m for what he does as compensation on the offensive side of the puck.

I mean everyone blames the d-men. And granted they're bad. But they can't gain control of the puck on the end wall and then win a board battle for the winger. There's nothing they can do with the collection of soft, slow wingers the Canucks have.

Now it's on to Carolina for a back-to-back afternoon game.....virtually a guaranteed loss. Canucks will come home 0-5 on the road trip, and least 12 points out of the final wildcard. They're officially done. The only thing left of interest is the TDL, followed by the draft lottery.

Canucks with the fifth best odds now, and Columbus won tonight. So all is not lost.

Reactions: CanuckCity

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i haven’t watched the last bunch but have they at least been entertaining?

i can’t lie, losing wild high scoring games by one goal in regulation is probably what i most want to see from here on in

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I decided to skip this game today and enjoyed the sun. Had some nice food on Main st.

How was the game?

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
people were way too quick to praise this groups pro scouting. other than bear and maybe mikheyev every acquisition has been bad to terrible
Don't forget Kuzmenko. That was a coup. another trade deadline first rounder? Got all these ideas in my head about the draft now. Build up some middle first rounders and package a couple for another top 10 pick.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Also, Elliotte said (paraphrasing) "I get that teams like to wait to announce everything at the same time but they should just name an interim"

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing they're waiting for Tocchet's 4 week notice period at TNT to be up so they can fire boudreau and name tocchet coach at the same time

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Honestly Bruce has been awful this season. Teams plays with no structure, blows leads consistently and no one is being held accountable for awful defensive zone play.

I would Assume Tochett is coming in to do an evalulation of the entire team and players are going to be shipped out of town shortly there after.

To everyone who is bitching about them looking at Tochett but then saying that there is no clear voice or objective of this of this team. Well now you have a clear direction with a coach who is going to be in line with Management on what is going to happen. Not someone who is fighting for a job and making questionable at best decisions this season.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad