Post-Game Talk: [GM42] Canucks lose to Panthers | 3-4 | Studnicka, Myers, & Pettersson

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
It's an almost unprecedented series of huge mistakes, conflicts and shitty things happening. Canucks fans are desensitized and often don't see the magnitude of this stuff anymore. The team's captain was pretty much publicly forced off the team simply because the team didn't bother making a plan that included him, or for some other reason that isn't apparent. That doesn't happen in the NHL. This team is like the 1990s Cincinnati Reds.
Atleast the Reds won a World Series.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
A perfect example of the state of the team. Score to make it a one goal game and barely any emotion.
I've been conditioned this season not to expect a chance of winning until our 5th goal even if it's a 1-0 game after we score. Maybe they feel that too.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
As I said, I don't believe for a second it's that simple. It was a factor, sure, but lockerrooms eventually get over losing a teammate.
I mean it could be the straw that broke it. Tanev is not just some random dude.
He was a locker room leader.
He was a long servant at the club.
He did all the little things and that was obviously not appreciated by Benning.
He wasn’t asking for much and there was money for him.

I think not signing him really hit home the point that, you need to look out for yourself because if you do all the little things and be loyal and all that shit, the team can turn on you just like that.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
A perfect example of the state of the team. Score to make it a one goal game and barely any emotion.

They aren't playing for anything, they aren't making the playoffs. The players are also in limbo while management dithers about undermining the coach.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
There are teams that are greater than the sum of their parts.
This team is so damned much less.
Years from now somebody in that room will be honest about what went on, but there is NO WAY these guys like each other.
No way.

Or conversely, if the Canucks had Nhl goaltending, it would be 1-1
You can’t be serious. I get better D at drop in hockey.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Years from now somebody in that room will be honest about what went on, but there is NO WAY these guys like each other.
No way.

They used to though

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
No way.

Just collecting cheques

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Where has this level of offense and shooting from Myers been for the last 3 years? This is two games in a row where he’s been all over the play offensively. If he did this all the time the defensive foibles wouldn’t matter nearly so much.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Looks like Rathbone has a concussion now in abby

Way to ruin him you bloody moron Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad