Post-Game Talk: [GM42] Canucks lose to Panthers | 3-4 | Studnicka, Myers, & Pettersson

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I see many posters have been sucked into blaming Boudreau about "structure" when the real problem is culture.

Not the correct thread for that discussion.

They lost again, does it matter if it looked better?

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Honestly Bruce has been awful this season. Teams plays with no structure, blows leads consistently and no one is being held accountable for awful defensive zone play.

I would Assume Tochett is coming in to do an evalulation of the entire team and players are going to be shipped out of town shortly there after.

To everyone who is bitching about them looking at Tochett but then saying that there is no clear voice or objective of this of this team. Well now you have a clear direction with a coach who is going to be in line with Management on what is going to happen. Not someone who is fighting for a job and making questionable at best decisions this season.
A lot of what Bruce has done this year has boggled the mind, for sure, but I just can’t believe of all the candidates available this management group decided Rick Tocchet is the answer.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
A lot of what Bruce has done this year has boggled the mind, for sure, but I just can’t believe of all the candidates available this management group decided Rick Tocchet is the answer.
Bruce has made some weird/bad decisions for sure. But he's also a lame duck coach who's been repeatedly questioned openly by the president of hockey ops, plus he wasn't even allowed to hire just one of his own assistant coaches after Walker left. All while in charge of this horrible built roster.

Even if Tocchet is worse or on par, he'll do better just because he'll be in a much better position, he won't be a lame duck and I'd assume he'd be allowed to at least hire one of his own assistants, if not two.

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
Honestly, I didn't see a lot of great chances until the final flurry in the third. Bobrovski certainly made things look closer with those awful goals. I feel like even in these games we've played where we've been close to much better teams, we've gotten a fair amount of poor goaltending against (though to be fair, I haven't been watching, other than this game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad