Post-Game Talk: [GM39] Canucks lose to Jets | 4-7 | Miller, Studnicka, Horvat, Dries

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Horvat goal to increase his value.

Regulation loss. Perfect.

Idiots should have lost the avalanche game would have been sitting pretty. Need to fire Boudreau, this team should be dead by now but keep on fighting.

Reactions: Nucker101

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If we want change we need a lot more games like this, hopefully every game for the rest of the season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
entering today, I'm pretty sure Canucks weren;t even last in the league in sv% but if anyone wants to correct me please do. I'm looking at Moneypuck's site.

Canucks were both bottom 3 in sv% and top 3 in sh% entering this game

As I said in the last game, I hate this ‘goaltending isn’t an excuse because we also have a high shooting % argument’.

PDO in a team sense doesn’t default to 1.

This team has a ton of high-percentage shooters and are built to be running a high team shooting %. The high shooting percentage isn’t luck - it’s sustainable. Obviously Horvat’s is crazy but Pettersson/Boeser/Miller/Garland/the entire blueline are all running below career averages.

This team as built if performing as expected should be driving a high PDO - lots of quality shooters and an elite #1 goalie.

Instead we’re receiving some of the worst goaltending of this century.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
step-brothers-room-for-activities.gif
“This is so scary.” 😂

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is what happens when the worst defensive team in the entire NHL gets AHL-quality goaltending.

Teams must be salivating at the chance to play this soft, horrific defensive team. If you're in a slump, the Canucks will help you get out of it. This team gave up four 2-1 breaks in the first 10 minutes. I mean how can you really expect to win a road game when you're that porous defensively?

I think by now most of these players know they're going to be done once again by early April. But who cares? More that half their roster has long-term contracts. They're going to get paid regardless of how many games they win, or how many goals they give up.

You have to feel for Boudreau, a journeyman player who had to scratch and claw to stay in the league. He ends his career coaching this 'country-club' team that simply doesn't have the will or discipline to play defense.

I guess a lot of these players will hit their scoring bonuses, and will scatter to their cottages and high-end homes for another long off-season. Where is Bill LaForge when you need him? No pride, no hustle and no desire.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Horvat goal to increase his value.

Regulation loss. Perfect.

Idiots should have lost the avalanche game would have been sitting pretty. Need to fire Boudreau, this team should be dead by now but keep on fighting.

We need to stop with this. We are not falling to first overall. We literally will finish 2 games above or below .500. That’s it.

Imagine if the Jets got any PPs how many they would score?

Reactions: me2 and mriswith

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
This is what happens when the worst defensive team in the entire NHL gets AHL-quality goaltending.

Teams must be salivating at the chance to play this soft, horrific defensive team. If you're in a slump, the Canucks will help you get out of it. This team gave up four 2-1 breaks in the first 10 minutes. I mean how can you really expect to win a road game when you're that porous defensively?

I think by now most of these players know they're going to be done once again by early April. But who cares? More that half their roster has long-term contracts. They're going to get paid regardless of how many games they win, or how many goals they give up.

You have to feel for Boudreau, a journeyman player who had to scratch and claw to stay in the league. He ends his career coaching this 'country-club' team that simply doesn't have the will or discipline to play defense.

I guess a lot of these players will hit their scoring bonuses, and will scatter to their cottages and high-end homes for another long off-season. Where is Bill LaForge when you need him? No pride, no hustle and no desire.
But Bruce bump, can't run a wrecking ball through this incredible lineup. they deserve more chances and it might hurt players feelings.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I remember a specific sports team I was on in my 20s. I was a top player on the team for a couple years, then just a key part of the group. A few years later, the "core" was still basically the same but we had some new players, including one that played my position but was simply better than the version of me I had become due to age, injuries, etc. Still considered everyone my friends.

Just to say, I do feel bad for Brock Boeser. It's a shitty position to be in. I'm sure he knows he isn't the guy he used to be more than anyone and it kills him.

But man, they can't play him on the PP1. Or in the top six. He's just not that guy anymore.

I think a fresh start would be great. A buyout and a short contract that pays him like 3 million a year would take the pressure off with the appropriate expectations for where he was as a player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
We pissed away a decade.. it’s been so f***ing long that everyone I know around my age range has gone from being hopeful about our futures then to now having mid life crisis.
Oh for sure. I'm 35, sporting a comb over and can feel my libido fading...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As I said in the last game, I hate this ‘goaltending isn’t an excuse because we also have a high shooting % argument’.

PDO in a team sense doesn’t default to 1.

This team has a ton of high-percentage shooters and are built to be running a high team shooting %. The high shooting percentage isn’t luck - it’s sustainable. Obviously Horvat’s is crazy but Pettersson/Boeser/Miller/Garland/the entire blueline are all running below career averages.

This team as built if performing as expected should be driving a high PDO - lots of quality shooters and an elite #1 goalie.

Instead we’re receiving some of the worst goaltending of this century.

You're right that argument is dumb. It's the wrong stat to look at, irrelevant.

But when you check the "adjusted for expected goals against", the truth comes out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad