Post-Game Talk: [GM39] Canucks lose to Jets | 4-7 | Miller, Studnicka, Horvat, Dries

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: January 8th, 12:00PM PST
WHERE: Canada Life Centre, Winnipeg, MN
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Mikheyev-Horvat-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Miller
Garland-Dries/Pederson-Lockwood
Joshua-Lazar-Studnicka

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Bear
Dermott-Schenn

Delia

Jets Line-Up:

Perfetti-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
Gustafsson-Lowry-Kuhlman
AJF-Maenalanen-Gagner

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Schmidt

Rittich

Last edited:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
OK so it's a noon start (which the Canucks are weird about ever since Lou pulled his groin in an early-start road game a hundred years ago) and a road game so I'm betting Delia gets his 2nd start in a row. Finally.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It’s the final week of the NFL season, doubt I’ll watch this but see here and there
That is what a PVR is for. I have most of the Canuck games on PVR yet, don't know why now but good for looking back to find hidden injuries.
Also good for speeding past dull parts of the game and commercials, seems more and more dull parts.

Basically injury free the Canucks seek hope versus the Jets.

I don't expect much, aim low and avoid disappointment only now disappointment comes with wins too. How screwed up hoping for losses so they can be winners later, but it does give something to watch for.

Winnipeg has lots of guys just coming back last game so there might be a let down this game. They might let the back up play, that happens lots when playing bad teams.

Winnipeg playing for 1rst place in the conference, Vancouver playing for ?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Canucks are a team that doesnt match up very well against the Rick Bowness led Jets ...The Jets have demonstrated superior puck support, and better effort in both games this season

Ehlers (and Schmidt) is back in the lineup for the Jets..The Canucks are reasonably healthy.

I have to lean toward a Jets win in this one.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The dreaded noon start, which for the Canucks means their 'body clock' is at 10 a.m. Pacific. "Survival' in the first period will be the key to this one. Canucks always seem to start in a funk in the first period of a road-swing, and Winnipeg has been 'Death Valley' for Canuck teams for years.

But they've proven that if they could ever 'bottle up' that second period against the Av's, they can compete with anyone. But who knows which Canuck team will show up?

Reactions: theguardianII

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The dreaded noon start, which for the Canucks means their 'body clock' is at 10 a.m. Pacific. "Survival' in the first period will be the key to this one. Canucks always seem to start in a funk in the first period of a road-swing, and Winnipeg has been 'Death Valley' for Canuck teams for years.

But they've proven that if they could ever 'bottle up' that second period against the Av's, they can compete with anyone. But who knows which Canuck team will show up?
I wonder if they wake up early and have a couple of shots for breakfast it would help with the time difference.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Kraken take castoffs from NHL teams and in 2 years are better than our over 50 year old franchise

Don’t fear a tear down folks

The Canucks are a team that doesnt match up very well against the Rick Bowness led Jets ...The Jets have demonstrated superior puck support, and better effort in both games this season

Ehlers (and Schmidt) is back in the lineup for the Jets..The Canucks are reasonably healthy.

I have to lean toward a Jets win in this one

Don’t disagree but in reality what team do we “match up well” against? Chicago?

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Jets play with structure, Canucks do not. Easy money on the Jets.
Canucks are playing for each other. That's structure isn't it?
They don't have a team built for structure, too many different types of players and not enough of one's that fit together.
Sooner or later the refs will start calling Petey on some of his holding and interference, he is clever at it.
The game now is so much like beer league hockey without the hitting/contact. Seeing a good hit is like seeing a goal scored now. You see this in the regular season a lot now, that is what makes the playoffs such a different game.

The team is now 9 points out of the second WC spot, the WC spot, is that something to cheer for?

Like Miller stated the other day, all their games are like game seven's. To me that means there is nothing more they can do. They are depending upon "game management"

Some of the Peg's come back players may have a bit of a dip after the last game. Most of the Canucks look like they are debuting for other teams, showing off individual skills or for their next contract.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
2 games in 2 weeks. Very happy I get to see the boys play twice. If it was summer I’d rock the shorts!

Attachments

• C18A79F9-8D8F-4909-93C4-5642CA50FF01.jpeg
    C18A79F9-8D8F-4909-93C4-5642CA50FF01.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad