Post-Game Talk: [GM39] Canucks lose to Jets | 4-7 | Miller, Studnicka, Horvat, Dries

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't want to sound like I am defending OEL, he has been terrible, if you don't buy him out (trading him probably just isn't an option), you have to hope that his mobility issues are just from his broken foot at the World Championships and not being able to train properly and being behind the entire season. Its really just a hope at this point in the season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Unless a lot of buyouts occur and or they attach picks to get rid of players the team can't be improved much at all.

If the team cannot sign Kumenko I would think EP will be out.

Buying out OEL Myers Pearson Boeser and Poolman would have a $9.6m cap hit next season, down from 25.5m. free up $16m.

Reactions: canucksfan

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Goal tending in this game was not NHL standard. Just that ours was lousier than theirs. Book on Martin is obvious - glove hand high. On Delia just get your shot on net.

Big quandary on Horvat. Damned if you sign him long term to what you'll have to pay and give him the term he will want. But also damned if you're giving up a player who is outscoring near everyone over the last 80 games for less than he is likely worth. Result of lack of long term planning which is, of course, the signature feature of the dull witted Fredo years.

Good

Horvat - goal was very high level stuff.

Miller - best game in a a long time. Very committed effort.

Studnicka - worked hard throughout and led a better effort by the fourth line.

Bad

Delia - just horrible.

Martin - not much better

OEL & Myers - couldn't handle their matchup.

Boeser - should not be on the first PP. His off puck movement on offensive is very poor. More or less just watches the play and he is unprepared when he gets passed the puck.

Ho

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Unless a lot of buyouts occur and or they attach picks to get rid of players the team can't be improved much at all.

If the team cannot sign Kumenko I would think EP will be out.

True, and I highly, highly doubt ownership agrees to a series of high-value buyouts. They’ll trade picks and futures all day, but cash is another matter.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Buying out OEL Myers Pearson Boeser and Poolman would have a $9.6m cap hit next season, down from 25.5m. free up $16m.
You can probably trade Boeser for a low pick, hell if you are going to buy him out you might as well retain the same amount of cap and get something back.
I hope so dumb ass GM will go for Pearson in the off-season. There is one year left, there is no reason to buy him out and live with his cap for like 3 more years.
Myers should have value after bonus.
OEL.. yeah let’s buy him out.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Chuck Fletcher, flyers GM. Potential in their 1sts, possible lottery winners for several years
Ohhh, lovely. Yes please. They’re like eastern conference Vancouver, except with success in the distant past.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You can probably trade Boeser for a low pick, hell if you are going to buy him out you might as well retain the same amount of cap and get something back.
I hope so dumb ass GM will go for Pearson in the off-season. There is one year left, there is no reason to buy him out and live with his cap for like 3 more years.
Myers should have value after bonus.
OEL.. yeah let’s buy him out.

The only way you can trade Boeser for a low pick is if you're including a high pick

Agreed on retention being the solution

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Geez, Delia's must have been way better.

Well in my very humble opinion Collin Delia is at this very moment being "Skudra-ed" by this team: I predict he will not play another game in the NHL or at least certainly not with this team. He did indeed have a stinker of a game but I thought only two of the goals were "bad" goals and since this was the noon start road game on the trip you absolutely knew that a) Delia the cannon fodder would get the start and b) the team would play like total dogshit in front of him. It should be noted here that this was his FIRST game with this team where he had a less than .900 save %. Apparently Demko is along on this road trip so you know that the team will rush him back into action as soon as is humanly possible in the fervent hope that last-year Demko shows up (and not this year's Demko whose numbers are vastly inferior to both Delia's AND Martin's). I predict extremely mediocre performances from the Demko/Martin tandem and would like to wish Collin Delia the best of luck in his future endeavors which I can pretty much guarantee won't be with this franchise. This board tonight has outdone itself with superlatives such as "worst goaltending of the century" and "horrific" etc. etc. Well done folks.

Reactions: B-rock

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
What a disaster. Team is set up for mediocrity.

They look miles off being a contender and are bound to get worse before it gets better.

Was next season the contending year? Or the one after?

Neither look realistic.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What a disaster. Team is set up for mediocrity.

They look miles off being a contender and are bound to get worse before it gets better.

Was next season the contending year? Or the one after?

Neither look realistic.

1 year down out of a two year turn around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad