GM Game 5 Discussion Thread

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
lmao at arguing over a 1M cap hit increase in a fictional GM game
If I'm gonna play the game, I prefer to do it realistically.

The guy arguing this approved Dubois at 3 x 5. Not exactly a shining example of consistency.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

The guy arguing this approved Dubois at 3 x 5. Not exactly a shining example of consistency.
So you're not matching?

Dubois is about 1M lower than it probably should be but CBJ is a playoff team. He was sold on the promise of them adding more players and becoming contenders if he takes a discount. All Detroit did to convince Mantha was tell him how awful he was and how he isn't better than Larkin.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

Dubois getting 3 x 5 is a load of hooey.

Mantha getting 5 x 6 is the absolute bare minimum. Get out of here with your "only 48 points" when it's all about prorating for healthy seasons in contract negotiations. If a player's injury, IR cap relief takes the pain away anyway.

Reactions: hockeynorth

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Dubois getting 3 x 5 is a load of hooey.

Mantha getting 5 x 6 is the absolute bare minimum. Get out of here with your "only 48 points" when it's all about prorating for healthy seasons in contract negotiations. If a player's injury, IR cap relief takes the pain away anyway.
Prorating production is how you end up with immovable contracts. There's a hell of a lot more that goes into negotiations than just a player's PPG average. More than what I'm bringing to the table as well.

As for your 5 x $6m, it's pretty much dead on what was first offered. And that contract was based on Larkin's deal that he signed coming off of a 63 point season.

Final offer was 3 x $6.5m, but the silly business prevails.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Big trade!

:hawks
Roope Hintz
Denis Gurianov
Jake Oettinger
Jason Robertson
2021 2nd
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2023 1st

:stars
Patrick Kane @ 50%

Sacrificing the teams future, and was very hard to give up Hintz and Gury, but adding Kane will help this team become a top contender in the west

@flyersdad

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Prorating production is how you end up with immovable contracts. There's a hell of a lot more that goes into negotiations than just a player's PPG average. More than what I'm bringing to the table as well.

As for your 5 x $6m, it's pretty much dead on what was first offered. And that contract was based on Larkin's deal that he signed coming off of a 63 point season.

3 x 6.5 should’ve gone through imo, that’s just under the Tkachuk deal

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

You end up with immovable contracts when players fall off a cliff due to age (e.g. Ladd, Lucic) or get into that always injured but not injured enough zone where you can't LTIR them forever.

Whatever planet you're on where you can start an argument by saying that Mantha doesn't deserve anything around of 6.8m due to injuries is the unrealistic planet.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So are you matching?
Not matching Fabbri. Happy to accept CGY's 2nd, which looks poised to be a very early round pick in the 2021 draft.

Mantha still under consideration. Though Montreal's 1st, 2nd and 3rd look mighty enticing.

Reactions: hockeynorth

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You end up with immovable contracts when players fall off a cliff due to age (e.g. Ladd, Lucic) or get into that always injured but not injured enough zone where you can't LTIR them forever.

Whatever planet you're on where you can start an argument by saying that Mantha doesn't deserve anything around of 6.8m due to injuries is the unrealistic planet.
I look forward to him signing his extension this summer. More likely than not his AAV will start with a five.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
Big trade!

:hawks
Roope Hintz
Denis Gurianov
Jake Oettinger
Jason Robertson
2021 2nd
2022 1st
2022 2nd
2023 1st

:stars
Patrick Kane @ 50%

Sacrificing the teams future, and was very hard to give up Hintz and Gury, but adding Kane will help this team become a top contender in the west

@flyersdad
Hawks confirm. We thank Patrick Kane for his years of service and wish him the best in Dallas.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad