GM Game 5 Discussion Thread

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
  • The first thing that will occur is the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. The order will be decided based on current 2019-2020 standings via points percentage. There will be no draft lottery. But teams who have conditional picks that include a choice between current or future drafts will get to choose for themselves. Example: Vancouver does not have to give up 2020 1st to New Jersy, they can give up 2021 instead.
  • After this, free agency will occur. All teams will have a chance to sign UFA's before the draft starts. All RFAs are automatically qualified. Offersheets will be allowed. Teams may sign RFA's before Free Agency.
  • After a brief UFA period, trading will open and the 2020-2021 season will commence. Trading will continue for roughly 5-7 days. A precise timeline will be decided upon in game.
  • All players you sign in UFA are UNTRADABLE for the remaining duration of the game, including those signed before Free Agency.
  • The salary cap will be 81.5M. The cap floor with be 65M.
  • There will not be any NTCs in this game. Feel free to go wild. But if someone feels a trade should be blocked, the game commissioners will determine if the GM's need to redo their trade.
  • DO NOT SEND IN ANY TRADES. PLEASE.
  • All trades are subject to commissioner approval and can be vetoed if the value is believed to be too far off by a unanimous vote.
  • Trading will open July 8th at 3PM EST
  • Voting will occur immediately after the trade deadline. You will rank the teams in each division and send us your rankings. From there, we will determine the final standings and playoff match-ups which will be voted on afterward.
  • Voting will also occur for rebuilders. The worst team will get a bye, and every other team will go through a first-round bracket.
  • There will NOT be a 2021 NHL Entry Draft. This does not mean that 2021 picks are not valuable, as the amount of 2021 picks a team has SHOULD BE CONSIDERED when voting for the best rebuilder.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to PM the commissioners.
  • Do not post in this thread
  • PLEASE READ THE RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

Anaheim - @hockeynorth
Arizona - @m0pe
Boston - @EvilDead
Buffalo - @AveryStar4Eva
Calgary - @SJSharks39
Carolina - @BeLeafing
Chicago - @flyersdad
Colorado - @BumDum
Columbus - @Blinny
Dallas - @Magic Mittens
Detroit - @belair
Edmonton - @ujju2
Florida - @Peter Griffin
Los Angeles - @TribalPhoenix
Minnesota - @Blinny
Montreal - @OB5
Nashville - @stempniaksen
New Jersey - @Panda Bear
NY Islanders - @Panda Bear
NY Rangers - @BumDum
Ottawa - @AveryStar4Eva
Philadelphia - @m0pe
Pittsburgh - @Magic Mittens
San Jose - @SJSharks39
St. Louis - @stempniaksen
Tampa Bay - @Peter Griffin
Toronto - @hockeynorth
Vancouver - @LatvianTwist
Washington - @Llamamoto49
Winnipeg - @BeLeafing
Vegas - @Llamamoto49

Timeline

Entry Draft: Thursday 7/9 at 7PM EST
FA: Friday 7/10
Trade deadline: TBD

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habsfull scorched-earth rebuild. Roster will be posted in the thread.
:hawks-looking to stand pat with what they're doing, content with their cups and prospects, ope to any trade.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:vegas

:caps

Both teams are going all-out for the cup. All prospects/picks available.

I'm hoping for a 2017-18 finals rematch.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:panthers

Looking to move one of Keith Yandle, Mike Matheson or Anton Stralman. Willing to retain salary and/or take back a lesser contract for the right offer.

Looking to acquire a 2nd line center and top 4 d-man. Assets available include our 1st and 2nd round picks as well as most prospects.

May consider moving Jonathan Huberdeau but any offer must involve either a top pairing defenseman or 2nd line center and top 4 d-man.

:bolts

Looking to move 2 of Alex Killorn, Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde.

Will entertain offers on Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli but neither is likely to be dealt.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks

Looking to add a top 6 winger and a D upgrade. Could go wild though so let me know if you're interested in any one!

:flames

Probably rebuilding. This team hasn't done much of anything so all of Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Giordano, etc. could be had

:nashville

This experiment sucked and we are already over cap. Give me futures for anyone!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs
Looking to acquire a RD, a 3c and clear cap
Bracco, Johnsson, Kerfoot, Kapanen, Engvall all very moveable, will entertain offers on Marner/Nylander/Reilly/Andersen

:ducks
Full purge, looking to jumpstart a massive rebuild, seeking a good young centre however!!!

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Are we going with actual $81.5M cap or the $85M cap listed in the first post? Also, what were the thoughts on holding a lottery for the 1st overall pick with the 16 teams that are eligible?

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Are we going with actual $81.5M cap or the $85M cap listed in the first post? Also, what were the thoughts on holding a lottery for the 1st overall pick with the 16 teams that are eligible?
I honestly forgot I had 85M listed there. So what would everyone prefer to do? Also I love the idea of actual draft order so I think we are going to do that unless there’s strong objection to it.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I honestly forgot I had 85M listed there. So what would everyone prefer to do? Also I love the idea of actual draft order so I think we are going to do that unless there’s strong objection to it.
Actual order with the lottery would be fun

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think this is the best solution(although it puts my Tampa team in cap hell, I'm up for a challenge!).
Well here I come with a trade offer to fix EVERYTHING for you.

Some housekeeping notes

@stempniaksen is taking over NSH so no one has 3 teams

Draft is tomorrow night, anyone able to help with the order of this for me? Little confused how the odds would work for the first overall. Everything else will be standings.

Needs RFA agents and FA agents

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Well here I come with a trade offer to fix EVERYTHING for you.

Some housekeeping notes

@stempniaksen is taking over NSH so no one has 3 teams

Draft is tomorrow night, anyone able to help with the order of this for me? Little confused how the odds would work for the first overall. Everything else will be standings.

Needs RFA agents and FA agents
I'm down to be an agent if you can explain it a bit

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I can make a discord server if we want one for this game

Edit: I've created a discord, Join the HF GM GAME Discord Server! please follow all HF rules while using it and only make one account for it, it's a good idea to also use HF
Just an addition to this, if people don’t follow HF rules on here, the Discord will be shut down and there could be possible consequences on HF.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

I thought every team that loses the play-in was going to have equal odds(12.5%) at winning the 1st overall pick? Since we don't know which teams will be losing the play-in, for the sake of this game maybe give all 16 teams the same odds(6.25%) and then fill the remaining draft slots from 9-15 in order of points % when the season ended? I think that's the most fair solution.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
If you get someone that wants to join you can give them Minnesota. I only took 2 teams just to get this going.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I thought every team that loses the play-in was going to have equal odds(12.5%) at winning the 1st overall pick? Since we don't know which teams will be losing the play-in, for the sake of this game maybe give all 16 teams the same odds(6.25%) and then fill the remaining draft slots from 9-15 in order of points % when the season ended? I think that's the most fair solution.
I can do that then.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:nashville

Re-tooling with the Preds. Not a complete sell off by any means, but a handful of impact players will be moved out.

Untouchable: Filip Forsberg, Viktor Arvidsson, Roman Josi, Matthias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis
Available: Ryan Johansen/Matt Duchene, Calle Jarnkrok, Austin Watson, Yakov Trenin
Shopping: Kyle Turris, Nick Bonino, Steve Santini

:blues

Still going for it with the Blues, although I'm open to moving out cap in an effort to re-sign Petro.

Untouchable: ROR, Jaden Schwartz, Bryaden Schenn, Vlad Tarasenko, Colton Parayko
Available: Tyler Bozak, Zach Sanford, Ivan Barbeshev, Jacob De La Rose
Shopping: Alexander Steen, Justin Faulk, Jake Allen

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:ducks2knows Ryan Getzlaf is ageing and would like another run at a cup, with only one year left on his contract we would like to move him to a cup contender by the trade deadline. We will also retain 50% on his contract. There is no imminent rush to move him as we'd like to feel out all offers. Looking for a package of young assets.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs
untouchable: Auston Matthews, John Tavares, Rasmus Sandin
Basically untouchable but could possibly move: William Nylander, Mitch Marner, Frederik Andersen, Morgan Reilly, Jake Muzzin
Available: Travis Dermott, Ilya Mikheyev, Zach Hyman, Justin Holl
Shopping: Kasperi Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson, Pierre Engvall, Alexander Kerfoot, Jeremy Bracco

:ducks2
Untouchable: Trevor Zegras, John Gibson, Hampus Lindholm
Available: Rickard Rakell, Josh Manson, basically everything not listed
Shopping: Ryan Getzlaf, Adam Henrique, Jakob Silfverberg, Cam Fowler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad