GM Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR4

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Sorry it took me so long to get in here, but I'm ready now :)

:nashville is looking to acquire some offence (shocking right) willing to trade just about anything for the right price.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Parise in Lalaland

To :devils

Jonathan Bernier, Alec Martinez, Nick Shore, a 3rd in '12 and a 6th 'in 13

To :kings

Zach Parise, Johan Hedberg

Kings are happy to bring in an elite talent in Parise. Wish luck to all those guys in Joisey

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

We're looking to move several veterans who will be UFAs at season's end to teams headed to the playoffs. We're looking for young NHLers, prosepcts and picks. No big contracts. Available players:

Ray Whitney
Daymond Langkow
Michael Roszival
Adrian Aucoin
Taylor Pyatt

Signed through the 2011-12 season and available are:

Radim Vrbata
Rusty Klesla
Derek Morris
David Schlemko

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You sure did.

Actually, one GM did offer more, but the deal fell through.

As it stands, I'm happy to confirm the deal that was finalized, and wish Parise all the best in Los Angeles.

New Jersey welcomes Jonathan Bernier, arguably the top goalie prospect in hockey, and the heir apparent to Martin Brodeur. Martinez and Shore will be integrated into our team in due time, and be key contributors as well.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
2011 :stars 2012

Available for Picks/Prospects/Young Roster players
Radek Dvorak: Excellent PK, Speed, Great checker, Veteran
Mark Fistric: Defensive defenseman with a mean streak, RFA
Jake Dowell: Solid PK, Speed, Faceoff, Big physical presence, and Amazing work ethic
Toby Petersen: Depth checker

Players on the block - Require a significant asset or package of picks/prospects/young roster players
Brenden Morrow (NTC): 30 goal scorer, excellent leader, steps up his game when it matters most, physical presence
Mike Ribeiro (NTC): 70-80 point 1st/2nd line center, excellent puck distributor, developing solid two-way play
Sheldon Souray (UFA): Re-established himself in the league, Elite shot, Picking up points at an impressive clip, Solid defensive play with a mean streak, He is going to provide help in every situation
Stephane Robidas (NTC): Excellent two-way defenseman and leader, Plays in every situation, Warrior, Signed to an excellent contract
Michael Ryder: Goal scorer with excellent playoff performance

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs :avs

Paul+Stastny+zmW7LL9O5gJm.jpg

The "Centre" of the Hockey Universe; Leafs acquire Stastny from Colorado

In a bold move towards finding the #1 centreman they have long needed, the Toronto Maple Leafs pulled off a blockbuster trade today acquiring Paul Stastny from the Colorado Avalanche. Going back to the Avalanche was a package of attractive assets, including centreman Tim Connolly, left winger Clarke MacArthur, amd defenceman Carl Gunnarsson. Also going to Colorado is Toronto's 2nd round selection in the 2012 Entry Draft.

"This was a deal that cost us a heavy price, but has filled a long standing need in the long term with a proven, young player." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a press conference at RealSports Bar and Grill at Maple Leafs Square this afternoon.

"In Paul Stastny, we acquire a legitimate first line pivot who will provide playmaking and scoring ability, and add a more dynamic punch to our offence. We believe he will provide an immediate impact alongside Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul, where we expect them to put up career numbers as a trio. What we gave up was no small amount; in Tim Connolly, we've given up a bona fide top 6 centreman, and in Clarke MacArthur the left wing of our most productive line from last season. Carl Gunnarsson has been playing on our top pairing, and proven his worth at this level. That said, we feel Paul Stastny will more than fill the shoes left by Tim, while the play of Matt Frattin alongside Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin has us believing he can fill Clarke's shoes, while also giving Nazem Kadri to establish an every day presence in the NHL. We also feel that Keith Aulie will come back to play alongside Dion Phaneuf, and re-capture that form that he showed last season to fill in for Carl as they embark on this new chapter in their careers."

"We thank these players for their contributions in the blue and white, but believe we've made a strong step forward for the future of this hockey club."

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
To :sharks Shane Doan
To :coyotes Nick Petrecki, SAN 2013 1st

With PHX out of the playoffs we're giving our captain a chance to make a deep playoff run with the Sharks. We're confident Doaner will re-sign with us this summer and finish out his career with us. So as a rental deal this is a no-brainer.

Confirm. We are thrilled to acquire our second NHL captain in as many days, and look forward to the offensive ability, grit, effort, and leadership Doan will provide. Shane will either play on the third line with Ladd and Handzus, or the first line with Thornton or Marleau. Clowe, Pavelski, and Havlat will make up our second line. We believe this gives us the best offensive group in the league along with a top 5 defense and cup winning goalie.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:sharks ready for playoffs.

Going into the deadline, we were thrilled with our top 6, defense, and goalie, but the bottom 6 needed some upgrading. Certainly, Desjardin, McGinn, and Murray are a solid enough 4th line, but Zues, Mitchell, and Wingels weren't cutting it for third line duty. Thus, we targeted and brought in two excellent two-way forwards and leaders in Andrew Ladd and Shane Doan. Both can be counted on for 20-30 goals per season, while making big impacts physically and in their own zone. We believe we have more than enough talent and ability to win the conference outright, and are a clear favorite for the cup.

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Clowe-Pavelski-Havlat
Ladd-Zues-Doan
McGinn-Desjardin-Murray

Vlasic-Burns
Murray-Boyle
White-Demers
Vandermeer

Niemi
Greiss

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
:nashville - On the Block

Craig Smith
Matt Halischuk
Jerred Smithson
Cal O'Reilly
Nick Spaling
Mike Fisher

For the right price:

Legwand
Bergfors
Lindback
Kevin Klein
Taylor Beck

Will take an overpayment:

Shea Weber
Ryan Suter.

All prospects/picks in play as well, I am looking to make a push, sick of being a rebuilding team in every other GM game!

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Would you guys mind if I made a mock draft for the 2012 draft, maybe a top 75 or something? I'm sure that I can come up with a list.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:nhl TOURETTESGUY 2012 NHL ENTRY DRAFT TOP 75 :nhl

I know some of you guys might not know a lot about the 2012 Draft, but this is where I am here to help. My name is Jeff McCarthy and I scout for Future Considerations (www.futureconsiderations.ca). I have a lot of understanding of this draft and have been keeping an eye on it for a couple of year's now. This is useful for more then just GM Games, for everyone as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad