GM Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR4

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

I had one team interested in Blake Comeau. Evgeni Nabokov, Josh Bailey, PA Parenteau, Mark Eaton, Mike Mottau are also available along with picks and prospects (not Strome) to acquire a top 4 defenseman. Also interested in a top 6 forward.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:isles

I had one team interested in Blake Comeau. Evgeni Nabokov, Josh Bailey, PA Parenteau, Mark Eaton, Mike Mottau are also available along with picks and prospects (not Strome) to acquire a top 4 defenseman. Also interested in a top 6 forward.

Gonna empty the prospect cupboard like always? ;)

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
By the time my next trade goes through, I will have two former first round picks in my organization Marleau and Couture lol.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm on until the end of the World Series game if someone wants to talk trade.

:stars

Despite Dallas' fast start to the season, I know from experience the voting rarely goes our way ... obviously justified based on the last 3 years.

So ... Dallas is in sell mode for Game #1.

Available for Picks/Prospects/Young Roster players
Nicklas Grossman: Top 4 defensive defender, developing a mean streak, young
Radek Dvorak: Excellent PK, Speed, Great checker, Veteran
Adam Burish: Solid PK, Speed, Faceoff, Big physical presence, and Amazing work ethic
Mark Fistric: Defensive defenseman with a mean streak, RFA
Jake Dowell: Solid PK, Speed, Faceoff, Big physical presence, and Amazing work ethic
Toby Petersen: Depth checker
Eric Nystrom: Depth checker
Krys Barch: Depth enforcer

Players on the block - Require a significant asset or package of picks/prospects/young roster players

Brenden Morrow (NTC): 30 goal scorer, excellent leader, steps up his game when it matters most, physical presence
Mike Ribeiro (NTC): 70-80 point 1st/2nd line center, excellent puck distributor, developing solid two-way play
Sheldon Souray (UFA): Re-established himself in the league, Elite shot, Picking up points at an impressive clip, Solid defensive play with a mean streak, He is going to provide help in every situation
Stephane Robidas (NTC): Excellent two-way defenseman and leader, Plays in every situation, Warrior, Signed to an excellent contract
Michael Ryder: Goal scorer with excellent playoff performance

Dallas is dangerously close to the cap floor. In most cases, we'll need to have similar money coming in as going out. Therefore, if a team is looking to open up some cap space, Dallas can take on one or two high dollar players.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Edmonton Oilers have locked up some UFAs/RFAs

Among the notable signings are:
Ryan Smyth - 2 years 3.5 per
Sam Gagner - 3 years 2.6 per
Devon Dubnyk - 2 years 1.5 per
Andy Sutton - 1 year 1.5 mil
Linus Omark - 2 years 1.35 per

In unrelated news Ales Hemsky is on his way out of Edmonton. Details coming shortly

Last edited:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Trade

To :rangers:
LW Viktor Stalberg

To :hawks:
LW Ryan Bourque
C Andrew Yogan
5th round pick in 2012

Stalberg didn't fit in Hawks plans. Yogan and Bourque are decent prospects going forward and the 5th rounder may land a NHL caliber player

We are excited to bring Viktor Stalberg in with the New York Rangers, we feel he will be a very good fit here in New York.

:rangers

have waived Erik Christensen

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
:edmonton and :wild have hooked up on a multi player deal

Going to Minny are: Ales Hemsky, Tom Gilbert, 5th round pick 2012, 7th round pick 2013 + a conditional 2nd round pick in 2013 ( If Hemsky does not resign)

Going to Edmonton are: Cal Clutterbuck, Greg Zanon, Minnesota's 1st and 2nd round pick in 2012

The Oilers are very happy with this deal. We know we gave up 2 very good players but with the young high end players we have in our system, we need enough cap space to ensure we can lock them up long term. It was not realistic for us to keep either of these 2 players around. Hopefully we can insulate our young core with the proper players

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State

Going to Minny are: Ales Hemsky, Tom Gilbert, 5th round pick 2012, 7th round pick 2013 + a conditional 2nd round pick in 2013 ( If Hemsky does not resign)

Going to Edmonton are: Cal Clutterbuck, Greg Zanon, Minnesota's 1st and 2nd round pick in 2012

The Oilers are very happy with this deal. We know we gave up 2 very good players but with the young high end players we have in our system, we need enough cap space to ensure we can lock them up long term. It was not realistic for us to keep either of these 2 players around. Hopefully we can insulate our young core with the proper players

would've been nice for ya to return my pm...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:jets

Antropov- Top 6 option. Looking for an NHLer and a good pick/prospect (possibly 2)
Fehr- Top 6 Option, RFA. looking for an NHLer and a pick/prospect

Stapleton, Wellwood- Bottom 6 rental options. A pick/prospect/youngster will do

Oduya/Jones- Top 4/Top 6D rentals. pick/prospect/youngster will do

Mason, Nittymaki- #2G rental. See above

*Following guys can be had for very cheap (low pick, project, cap dump+). Don't fit into my long-term plans:

Aaron Gagnon
Akim Aliu
Jason Jaffrey
Mark Flood(D)
Peter Manino(G)

NEEDS: PICKS/PROSPECTS (paricularly high-end ones), Top 4D, Top 6/Top 9 Scorer

**Will also look at Cap dumps. I have the space, might as well put it to use **

Last edited:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
:rangers

Rumor is Wojtek Wolski is on the move.

Ruslan Fedotenko, Mats Zuccarello, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, and Jeff Woywitka are very available. Brandon Dubinsky, and Brian Boyle are available but are not give aways.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Anyone wanna take a chance on Gilbert Brule? Will let him go for a 7th round pick. Currently a RFA but does not fit into the Oilers futur plans

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

With Dallas moving closer to missing the playoffs for the 4th year, the Stars are seriously considering several solid offers for team captain Brenden Morrow. A decision could be made tomorrow.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
:jets

Antropov- Top 6 option. Looking for an NHLer and a good pick/prospect (possibly 2)
Fehr- Top 6 Option, RFA. looking for an NHLer and a pick/prospect

Stapleton, Wellwood- Bottom 6 rental options. A pick/prospect/youngster will do

Oduya/Jones- Top 4/Top 6D rentals. pick/prospect/youngster will do

Mason, Nittymaki- #2G rental. See above

*Following guys can be had for very cheap. Don't fit into my long-term plans:

Aaron Gagnon
Akim Aliu
Jason Jaffrey
Mark Flood(D)
Peter Manino(G)

NEEDS: PICKS/PROSPECTS (paricularly high-end ones), Top 4D, Top 6/Top 9 Scorer

**Will also look at Cap dumps. I have the space, might as well put it to use **

Did you get my last PM?

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

San Jose owns Minnesota's 2nd via Burns deal (everyone always forgets that part).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

To Dallas: Rostislav Olesz, Dylan Olsen

To Chicago: Adam Burish

Burish was a great team player for 2 years in Dallas, but missing the playoffs combined with Adam being UFA forced Dallas to make a move.

Olesz will be given a serious opportunity to earn a role on the team, but these final games will be very important for him. His play in Dallas' system will dictate his future with the team.

Landing a prospect like Olsen for an expiring contract was just too good of an opportunity to pass. He's a solid prospect, and he fits in nicely with Dallas' young group of defensive prospects.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

To Dallas: Rostislav Olesz, Dylan Olsen

To Chicago: Adam Burish

Burish was a great team player for 2 years in Dallas, but missing the playoffs combined with Adam being UFA forced Dallas to make a move.

Olesz will be given a serious opportunity to earn a role on the team, but these final games will be very important for him. His play in Dallas' system will dictate his future with the team.

Landing a prospect like Olsen for an expiring contract was just too good of an opportunity to pass. He's a solid prospect, and he fits in nicely with Dallas' young group of defensive prospects.

Hawks confirm this deal

Alot to give up but Hawks felt it was in best interest of organization to cut ties completely with Olesz

Buyout would have been affordable but final 2 years at 1M+ per year was just a little to rich

Olsen is a good prospect but with Johns, Holl, Lalonde , Clendening , Paliotta and Dahlbeck in system the Hawks are comfortable moving him while not hurting future

Also with Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson/Leddy/Montador as 1-5 the Hawks can afford to move a prospect who is still a little bit away from NHL

As for Burish ,, Hawks are happy to have him back in 4th line/leadership role

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars place a claim on Marco Sturm.

Now that 24 hours have passed, Dallas acquires Marco Sturm. Sturm was originally claimed to ensure Dallas would not fall below the cap floor. With the addition of Olesz and Sturm, Dallas will be in no danger of falling below the floor for the remainder of the season.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:jets :ducks

Winnipeg trades C Jim Slater to the Anaheim Ducks for a 2012 5th round pick and LW Nic Deschamps

"Deschamps is an exciting prospect that will hopefully become a scorer at the NHL level. After all, he's a beast in NHL 12. Plus with Slater becoming a UFA we felt it was time to get a good piece for him now than risk losing him for nothing"

Winnipeg is also in the final steps on a couple more moves...stay tuned..

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Bruins-Jets Trade

The Boston Bruins and Winnipeg Jets have made a trade.

:jets David Krejci and Andrew Ference

:bruins Tobias Enstrom and Chris Mason

ap-201110191951714671091.jpg
9398b9bf425aea71aadb655c920fc408-getty-125692344.jpg

We're very excited to bring in Tobias Enstrom. Tomas Kaberle, although underwhelming at times, was key in bring us the Stanley Cup last season. We believe Tobias can and will be the type of player we lost when we let Kaberle walk as a free agent. Enstrom is young, talented, and has high potential as an all around defenseman in the NHL. We're very happy to add him to our defense.

With the high level of play we're receiving from Tyler Seguin, we deemed Krejci expendable in order to fill some holes in our roster. We're going to miss David dearly after leading us in playoff scoring last year and being such a warrior during his career.

We'd like to thank David and Andrew for all their hard work and wish them luck in Winnipeg.

Bruins Current Line Up
Lucic-Seguin-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Caron
Pouliot-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-McQuaid
Enstrom-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Corvo

Thomas
Rask
Mason

I am now actively shopping Tuukka Rask for a top-6 RW. I'd like a vet RW that can help me win the Cup again. A Rask-Pouliot or Rask-Caron package is doable from a Bruins standpoint, depending on the package of course.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad