Post-Game Talk: GM 4: Canucks @ Sharks - Bye, Bye AV

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Kevin Kyro ‏@KevinKyro 3m
HOLY crap. The last 19/20 games Kelly Sutherland has called vs Vancouver, the opposing team has had more PP's

Dude I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if that number was similar for the majority of ref's in the league. Honestly, I think we might get more calls with a new coach who comes in and makes a lot of noise about discipline.

Nov 1, 2011
Will be difficult to do with all these contracts and NMCs handed out like candy.

1st question to Gillis is are you planning to fire AV.

2nd question is are you willing to ask guys with NTCs/NMCs if they would be willing to waive them.

If the answer to either question is "no", Gillis going out the door before AV (but they are both going).

Nov 1, 2011
Well 2012-13 Canucks, thanks for the season even though it wasn't so great.

Actually looking forward to the off-season.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Haven't seen Mak post this yet, apologies if he has. Obviously full credit to him, sorry if I'm stealing the glory, but it's worth seeing over and over...

Bieksa with the most minutes today at 33 minutes of icetime... Garrison with only 25...

People still think this is a personnel problem that has nothing to do with AV? Though, to be fair, Bieksa played great tonight despite being put in a disadvantageous position by a coach in his last game for the team.

That Sutherland stat is just mind-boggling.

Type Not Specified

Part of the process
Oct 1, 2010
Vancouver
Dude I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if that number was similar for the majority of ref's in the league. Honestly, I think we might get more calls with a new coach who comes in and makes a lot of noise about discipline.

I agree although with the same group of players you have to wonder how much difference a new coach would actually make. I guess it would depend somewhat on what kind of relationship the guy coming in already has with the officials.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

95% is atrocious. The Canucks are definitely an undisciplined team, but jesus. Impartiality would give a number like 60%...

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Kevin Kyro ‏@KevinKyro 3m
HOLY crap. The last 19/20 games Kelly Sutherland has called vs Vancouver, the opposing team has had more PP's

funny thing is he is from Richmond. I guess he doesn't look like a homer so he calls us more.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I agree although with the same group of players you have to wonder how much difference a new coach would actually make. I guess it would depend somewhat on what kind of relationship the guy coming in already has with the officials.

I think that has a big impact. Usually a team like the Canucks starts to get more calls as they get better and win more. Look at Detroit - they're still riding their reputation as a good team and they get away with murder.

Considering that everyone knows the Sedins are good guys I always wondered why the team had so little pull with the refs. Obviously players like Lapierre and Kesler don't help but other teams have had those types of players and have overcome their reputation or at least their stars got favourable calls even if the annoying pests didn't.

Maybe AV had a bad relationship with the refs, who knows? This one is just a guess on my part but it would explain a lot.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
95% is atrocious. The Canucks are definitely an undisciplined team, but jesus. Impartiality would give a number like 60%...

Yeah a little hyperbole on my part lol. But the refs aren't on our side right now, I think that much is pretty obvious - this last game is just the most recent and extreme example.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Holy cow these Team 1040 guys think they're the dictators of Canucks opinions with their little disconnect button as soon as they don't like something someone says. I don't know how people can tolerate listening to these guys on a consistent basis. I like to tune in to hear some opinions in the playoffs but that's about all I can take.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I think that has a big impact. Usually a team like the Canucks starts to get more calls as they get better and win more. Look at Detroit - they're still riding their reputation as a good team and they get away with murder.

Considering that everyone knows the Sedins are good guys I always wondered why the team had so little pull with the refs. Obviously players like Lapierre and Kesler don't help but other teams have had those types of players and have overcome their reputation or at least their stars got favourable calls even if the annoying pests didn't.

Maybe AV had a bad relationship with the refs, who knows? This one is just a guess on my part but it would explain a lot.

Burrows and his big mouth.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Burrows and his big mouth.

I would normally agree 100% with this but I watched 24/7 and EVERYBODY chirps the refs and swears at them. Is Burrows really THAT BAD? Like, we're trying to say Burrows is worse and more annoying than, say, Carcillo or Marchand? I find that hard to believe.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I would normally agree 100% with this but I watched 24/7 and EVERYBODY chirps the refs and swears at them. Is Burrows really THAT BAD? Like, we're trying to say Burrows is worse and more annoying than, say, Carcillo or Marchand? I find that hard to believe.

No. But he publicly called out the ref(Auger) in his frustration. Broke the code, right or wrong.

Not to mention there is a level of chirping that is allowed. Most refs will let stuff go as long as it doesn't get too personal.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Holy cow these Team 1040 guys think they're the dictators of Canucks opinions with their little disconnect button as soon as they don't like something someone says. I don't know how people can tolerate listening to these guys on a consistent basis. I like to tune in to hear some opinions in the playoffs but that's about all I can take.
So you got cut off for calling twice eh? :laugh:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006

Auger.

M A K A V E L I*

Forget about the players, the damn refs swear themselves. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad