Post-Game Talk: [GM 2] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 2-3 (Burroughs, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yup

The Jim Rutherford regime came in talking big, like they were going to change the losing culture here, make major changes to a team that never makes the playoffs...but here we are...same old ....same roster basically...same core (so sick of hearing we have a good core btw) ...and same results
Vocal minority will shout you down insisting this was the only option, 10 months not enough time, 5M 3rd line pk is excellent value, and anything else is video games.

New mgmt was forced to keep the same bad roster full of slow soft junk and only other teams can make moves and be innovative, because reasons.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Forwards are so pathetically soft. They all button hook at the low boards to avoid contact and blindly throw it back to point or try some stupid cross pass….led by lead floater Miller

Last edited:
Reactions: gringo

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Miller sure sucked idiot PA in

Bo needs to be traded with Miller asap

Why is Pearson still on this team?
Pearson on the 1st line but supposedly we have forward "depth".

Doubling down on this roster is already looking like a misjudgement on management's part.

Let's see if the team can grow some balls and not blow another lead next game if they start out with one.

Reactions: mossey3535

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Horvat is clearly disgruntled over his contract status. He looks lost thus far early into the season.
If he is then he can get lost...I doubt it he's just a slug starter who's getting older slower and lazy.

I'm kinda at the point that he's our 3C who can step up at times and should be looked at like Jordan Staal. What thats worth is what needs to be looked at.
Couple more games like these and I'm all aboard the tank for Bedard.
Why wait for 2 more?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
No clue why people think PA is some genius. Rutherford ran Pittsburgh into the ground

Bo is playing like a whiny baby

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Get a bag of pucks for useless Miller before the ntc kicks in

Idiot PA passed up how many potential trades for him?
Frankly, I'm still a little dumfounded that they failed to trade Boeser and Miller, and then ended up re-upping them both.

Could be that teams around the NHL simply didn't value these players as much as the Canucks and there were no deals out there. But if that's the case, then it speaks volumes.

Reactions: gringo

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Frankly, I'm still a little dumfounded that they failed to trade Boeser and Miller, and then ended up re-upping them both.

Could be that teams around the NHL simply didn't value these players as much as the Canucks and there were no deals out there. But if that's the case, then it speaks volumes.
Value is only dropping

D dropping like flies and BB still sitting Rathbone

Bruce going to be management’s scapegoat

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Not a good start for Miller..but throughout the first quarter of last season,he was the only top 6 player who was going..

I fully expect him to get rolling in the next few games..Horvat was also a slow starter last season (only to have a career year).

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I generally am not worried about Miller. He’s going to get going soon. He knows he’s ass right now

Bo looks like he’s back playing in junior…

Reactions: Duckhugs

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
At least he has a pulse. It’s strange that he has this response in an interview but is completely lifeless at times on the ice. If you’re frustrated go out and do something about it.

This is what I don't get. He obviously knows what's going on and apparently he said in the off-season that he wants to be a premier two-way player... and then all he does is make lazy plays and give up on skating/backchecks.

I don't doubt that he'll put up his fair share of points just because he has that talent and quite a bit of talent around him, but I'm not looking forward to watching him simply not try hard for the next 8 years. And imagine when he loses a step...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If he is then he can get lost...I doubt it he's just a slug starter who's getting older slower and lazy.

I'm kinda at the point that he's our 3C who can step up at times and should be looked at like Jordan Staal. What thats worth is what needs to be looked at.

Why wait for 2 more?

The problem with thinking of Horvat like this, is that he is not and never has been remotely like Jordan Staal as an actual player.

Jordan Staal has always been a really solid, defence-first "checking center" who happens to offer some offense when pressed into that role. But he's constantly frustrated fans because he's not really naturally inclined toward the offensive side of the game. He really is and has been like a #3C+++, often pressed into playing a #2C role as the "best option" and at least he's reliable so you can give him some flakey but creative wingers and have it work out.

Horvat has never really lived up to his reputation as a "checking center". He's been saddled with a lot of defensive minutes and roles over the years, but outside of winning faceoffs, he's never really excelled in it. He's improved and can mostly tread water in that regard, but he's at his core...much more of an offensive run'n'gun sort of player. Where he's got a lot more natural offensive talent than Staal.

But i don't think you can really look at Horvat as a "#3C". He's a Top-6 guy through and through, and the defensive side of things is only going to deteriorate as he ages and slows down. The whole "Horvat as a 3C" thing is an artificially imposed condition, as a roster deployment choice of this current regime. Not a reflection of what he actually is as a player, or where he's likely to succeed.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Vocal minority will shout you down insisting this was the only option, 10 months not enough time, 5M 3rd line pk is excellent value, and anything else is video games.

New mgmt was forced to keep the same bad roster full of slow soft junk and only other teams can make moves and be innovative, because reasons.

No… they decided to keep the team together and then to go shopping for expensive UFA to compete now. They decided to sign Boeser and Miller to big extension.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I looked at the schedule the lovely nhl gave us to start the season and thought oh oh

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Just watch the highlights and enjoy the weekends and evenings with your families.

This Canucks team is only worth watching highlights.

Reactions: iFan

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Horvat on the phone with his agent

invisible-man-phone-whos-there.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events