Post-Game Talk: [GM 2] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 2-3 (Burroughs, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder if all his troubles stem from blocking a shot with his face a few years ago.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Lines definitely need a blend. Pretty logical what they should try.

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin
Pearson Horvat Mikheyev
Boeser Miller Garland

Hog can slot in for Boeser too

Reactions: aregora

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
That was disappointing..

Nobody looks particularly BAD, just not good enough. The star power is lacking, which I really expected to show up early in the year when teams are still loose. EP, JT and QH should be imposing some will, but...

Hoglander looked really good, think there is a lot of potential with him and EP on a line.

Not much after that... Can't afford these losses again, it's gonna be tight in 6 months.

Reactions: Indiana

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Cool cool
Yeah I know. The guy should be a politician. I don't believe a word of it. Nothing matters but your actions at this point...words were for the offseason, we're here in the ****ing season and he's delivering a performance off the ice. Nice.

Every word about his two way play in the offseason was a lie. He hasn't improved his effort level one bit, and its an effort thing not an IQ thing. The guy is very intelligent when he wants to be.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's beyond depressing to watch yet another Canuck team come out and basically crap the bed in the opening weeks of another season. This is now three years in a row.

It's not the fact they lose.....it's the laughably bad special teams; careless and casual puck management; and the lack of will in puck battles. And Demko under siege yet again.

This team is looking every bit as bad as it did last year under Green. And supposedly they have a better lineup. Being consistently poor at the start of every season doesn't reflect well on anyone--not management, the players or the coaches.

It's hard not to conclude that they just aren't putting in the work in training camp. Welcome to the Canucks 'country club'.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's beyond depressing to watch yet another Canuck team come out and basically crap the bed in the opening weeks of another season. This is now three years in a row.

It's not the fact they lose.....it's the laughably bad special teams; careless and casual puck management; and the lack of will in puck battles. And Demko under siege yet again.

This team is looking every bit as bad as it did last year under Green. And supposedly they have a better lineup. Being consistently poor at the start of every season doesn't reflect well on anyone--not management, the players or the coaches.

It's hard not to conclude that they just aren't putting in the work in training camp. Welcome to the Canucks 'country club'.

It's the same team. They do this every year. Are you actually surprised?

Reactions: BimJenning

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
The team is slow. We saw how TBL was faster than NYR and how COL was faster than TBL. Boeser and Horvat are slow. OEL is playing soft. Miller has gone full bozo since his nice goal. Zone entries are bad, Hughes isnt playing well. Bottom line isnt playing tough enough. Top 9 hasnt found the right mix of linemates

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Did I read it correctly? The Canucks have allowed eight goals against, and Miller was on the ice for all eight?

How can a player be a -8 in only two games? You have to work on it, or not, I guess.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
god awful game. once philly scored that goal to cut the lead i knew van was in trouble. the powerplay sucked again. giving up another short handed chance. miller man horrible. bench him to demote him to the 2nd unit. jason king is awful at drawing the powerplay plan. too static. by the third period oel was moved to the top. hughes dropped to 2nd unit. maybe move garland to the top unit try different things. almost every team knows the canucks pp is predictable.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
god awful game. once philly scored that goal to cut the lead i knew van was in trouble. the powerplay sucked again. giving up another short handed chance. miller man horrible. bench him to demote him to the 2nd unit. jason king is awful at drawing the powerplay plan. too static. by the third period oel was moved to the top. hughes dropped to 2nd unit. maybe move garland to the top unit try different things. almost every team knows the canucks pp is predictable.
Maybe this team isn’t as close to Stanley Cup favourites as we first assessed.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Ok , can we please be honest for one second?

We all pretend like there’s no hope, “saw this coming” , “doubled down now stuck with failed core”. “Handicapped for 7 years”

Yeah right.

If you are a fan and you think we are stuck! Then why the hell not cheer for a miracle !! We are stuck after all!! We do have two players on our team capable of becoming top20 nhl players. And we have a top 7 young goalie.

DONT PRETEND YOU ARENT f***ING STILL EXPECTING WE KNOCK OUT THE AVS AND RETURN TO THE CUP FINALS AND WE BECOME THE NEXT MIRACLE ON ICE??

YEAH EXPECTING not secretly hoping CAUSE WE ARE CRAZY and this AWESOME (for better or worse ) UNITES US, that’s why I’m trying hard to get you guys to cheer. Because it really does break my heart to see some of our most sophisticated posters just seem like they aren’t even fans to me anymore.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Ok , can we please be honest for one second?

We all pretend like there’s no hope, “saw this coming” , “doubled down now stuck with failed core”. “Handicapped for 7 years”

Yeah right.

If you are a fan and you think we are stuck! Then why the hell not cheer for a miracle !! We are stuck after all!! We do have two players on our team capable of becoming top20 nhl players. And we have a top 7 young goalie.

DONT PRETEND YOU ARENT f***ING STILL EXPECTING WE KNOCK OUT THE AVS AND RETURN TO THE CUP FINALS AND WE BECOME THE NEXT MIRACLE ON ICE??

YEAH EXPECTING not secretly hoping CAUSE WE ARE CRAZY and this AWESOME (for better or worse ) UNITES US, that’s why I’m trying hard to get you guys to cheer. Because it really does break my heart to see some of our most sophisticated posters just seem like they aren’t even fans to me anymore.
You can’t blame people for pessimism. We have had to deal with Covid seasons and incompetence from our management until we now are dealing with Covid flat cap and suspected continued ownership interference.

Reactions: geebaan

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
You can’t blame people for pessimism. We have had to deal with Covid seasons and incompetence from our management until we now are dealing with Covid flat cap and suspected continued ownership interference.
So you would rather trade Demko, pettersson and Hughes for 3 top 10 first round picks ?2028, 2029, 2030?

One each year

Reactions: gsharpe

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I feel like our posts are pretty disjointed for being posts directly related.
I do apologize for my unprofessionalism. I guess what I am asking you is, to your pessimistic point. A personal question to you btw, you don't think demko+hughes+pettersson can do something special?

Also want to thank you for reminding me to become a man of honour. Not one who try to cause a commotion or distress.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I do apologize for my unprofessionalism. I guess what I am asking you is, to your pessimistic point. A personal question to you btw, you don't think demko+hughes+pettersson can do something special?
Also want to thank you for reminding me to become a man of honour. Not one who try to cause a commotion or distress.
I will never ask someone to not cause commotion or distress because sometimes those actions are necessary.

To answer your question- no, I do not think that EP/TN/QH will end up doing anything that special. I personally feel that their prime years of helping a championship team win it all are already burned by the cumulative effect of the Benning era. I do not see them able to combine to push over the line as champs as I feel it a mountain too high to climb without any of them being on advantageous contracts when it’s time to contend.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I will never ask someone to not cause commotion or distress because sometimes those actions are necessary.

To answer your question- no, I do not think that EP/TN/QH will end up doing anything that special. I personally feel that their prime years of helping a championship team win it all are already burned by the cumulative effect of the Benning era. I do not see them able to combine to push over the line as champs as I feel it a mountain too high to climb without any of them being on advantageous contracts when it’s time to contend.
Wow. Reality sank in, I actually just lost a lot of passion for the team, for now. I guess Ill enjoy one of these kids to put on a show once in a while, especially Demko but this team does not deserve out attention that much atm.

I am free, now I have more time to focus on real-life shit, no offence to my heart and soul die-hard team, but I need a break cause we f***ing suck and we have been a joke for a while

Reactions: Fatass

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Wow. Reality sank in, I actually just lost a lot of passion for the team, for now. I guess Ill enjoy one of these kids to put on a show once in a while, especially Demko but this team does not deserve out attention that much atm.

I am free, now I have more time to focus on real-life shit, no offence to my heart and soul die-hard team, but I need a break cause we f***ing suck and we have been a joke for a while
I don’t know if you are being sarcastic but if you aren’t you have captured my personal take. I will enjoy the players I am personally invested in but not expect real success.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I don’t know if you are being sarcastic but if you aren’t you have captured my personal take. I will enjoy the players I am personally invested in but not expect real success.
I’m being genuine. I actually came here with the intention to create life, but you have me an insight that created life in my own life. As in, one less emotional attachment.

I honestly do thank you, I’m very open and say whatever’s on my mind and I love to admit my wrongs. So sometimes through text people think I’m being sarcastic, and all though I like to mess around, I’m being genuine to you.

Overall I just been more focused on improving my life recently, and my subconscious knew what you are saying is correct that is why I think I had that big of a perspective change that fast

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I’m being genuine. I actually came here with the intention to create life, but you have me an insight that created life in my own life. As in, one less emotional attachment.

I honestly do thank you, I’m very open and say whatever’s on my mind and I love to admit my wrongs. So sometimes through text people think I’m being sarcastic, and all though I like to mess around, I’m being genuine to you.

Overall I just been more focused on improving my life recently, and my subconscious knew what you are saying is correct that is why I think I had that big of a perspective change that fast
I just think we as a franchise are on a foolish quest. And it’s frustrating to feel that way with seemingly impressive new management. I feel like we are forever kneecapped by ownership and their shortsightedness towards short term playoff revenue.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

YUp. The Benning era cost the club a lot of fans, especially younger people. Now, we have new management but the philosophy of always trying to move forward continues. And, as a result, management is making similar mistakes to Benning. And we are still terrible on the ice. More fans will be lost, and there won’t be any new ones. Very dark times for our team.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Did I read it correctly? The Canucks have allowed eight goals against, and Miller was on the ice for all eight?

How can a player be a -8 in only two games? You have to work on it, or not, I guess.
Both TSN and SN have Miller -2. Now I suck big-time at math and stats, but Miller being a -2 and having scored once and assisted on another goal, that would mean he was on the ice for four goals against, right?

fghdgh.JPG

db fdsx.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes