Post-Game Talk: [GM 2] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 2-3 (Burroughs, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

decma

Feb 6, 2013
Both TSN and SN have Miller -2. Now I suck big-time at math and stats, but Miller being a -2 and having scored once and assisted on another goal, that would mean he was on the ice for four goals against, right?

View attachment 594759

View attachment 594761

Goals scored against while you are short handed do not count in plus minus.

Miller has indeed been on the ice for all eight goals against.

Two of those were while Van was on the PP, four were while Van was SH, and two were while Van was at ES.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Two of those were while Van was on the PP, four were while Van was SH, and two were while Van was at ES.

Which paints a much different story.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

And he'll be the guy handling the tough defensive assignments (assuming Horvat gets dealt for a defenseman). Oh boy.."Mr. I've been on the ice for all of our goals to date this season".

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
So we’ve been losing the special teams battle in both games. Our PP hasn’t been that great - this is what I would try and have balance 1:00 each PP unit;

Kuzmenko
Miller - Pearson - Pettersson
OEL

Boeser
Garland - Horvat - Podkolzin
Hughes

Reactions: Dala

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
What story does it paint?

There are two chapters to this story.

Chapter One tells us about how the blanket statement, "J.T. Miller has been on the ice for all 8 goals scored against", is intended to portray JT worse that he really is, when it is revealed that half of those goals occurred while the Canucks were killing penalties, and when there is a much greater likelihood of being scored on.

Chapter 2 is about how in typical HFCanucks fashion, we are ready to demonize a player after the first two games of an 82 game season.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Perhaps this game affected me more negatively than I initially thought.

I just counted 10 empty beer cans.
At least you were still able to see.

Chapter One tells us about how the blanket statement: "J.T. Miller has been on the ice for all 8 goals scored against", is intended to portray JT worse that he really is, when it is revealed that half of those goals occurred while the Canucks were killing penalties, and when there is a much greater likelihood of being scored on.

Chapter 2 is about how in typical HFCanucks fashion, we are ready to demonize a player after the first two games of an 82 game season.
Nah.

Miller was terrible.

Miller’s quote was Millers. Not HFCanucks.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015

Chapter One tells us about how the blanket statement, "J.T. Miller has been on the ice for all 8 goals scored against", is intended to portray JT worse that he really is, when it is revealed that half of those goals occurred while the Canucks were killing penalties, and when there is a much greater likelihood of being scored on.

I wrote you off as a Mod after one hour.:sarcasm:
which just about was the length of period I was a Mod.:naughty:

• Wow
Reactions: mathonwy

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
At least you were still able to see.

Nah.

Miller was terrible.

Miller’s quote was Millers. Not HFCanucks.
I agree Miller has been terrible. He's been horrendous, and the worst I've ever seen of him as a Canuck. I never said anything different. But my point stands. When examined, the 8 goals against criticism is not all that honest unless it is also mentioned that half of those goals against occurred while J.T. was killing penalties. Also, we do tend to overreact and hit the panic button far too early on this forum.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
I agree Miller has been terrible. He's been horrendous, and the worst I've ever seen of him as a Canuck. I never said anything different. But my point stands. When examined, the 8 goals against criticism is not all that honest unless it is also mentioned that half of those goals against occurred while J.T. was killing penalties. Also, we do tend to overreact and hit the panic button far too early on this forum.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Oh well it is just one game
Again

With all the injuries to Philly I did think this was a game they could win especially with so many starters out but then there is Torts to consider and how good he is with young players

Demko held them in and the Canucks were damn lucky to score two goals on 4 shots.

Sure it is early and only two games played BUT it isn't like they have to wait to play themselves into shape.

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020

Being on the ice for 4 goals against on the penalty kill in 2 games is bad. Being on for 2 short handed goals against in the same 2 games is really bad. I think it is fair to point that out

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

You could also remember that the player has a history of highly suspect defensive play that is not likely to improve at his age. He’s just not good defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad