GDT: Gm 19: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators | 11-15-13 | 730P ET | NESN (HD) | 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
only watched after the first.
dont remember the bruins ever having a scoring chance.
maybe soderberg.

seids will get a game for that hit.

still think spooner should be on this team.

I don't see Seids getting a game-that was more freakish than anything-but who knows with the NHL and Shanahan.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Bruins aren't a quick team.

That's kinda what I was thinking too. I can't come up with anything else.

I don't believe in any conspiracy or anything either. Just seems really odd we are so close to last every year. There are lots of teams in the league that aren't very "quick"

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Honestly?

I'll give the Sens some credit. They've been accused all year of not showing some fire and not finding ways to win after going down, and from the end of the first on, they were the better team.

It's entirely possible that, a combination of bad Bruin errors that are bound to happen at times (they're not going 82-0) and an Ottawa team that found some fire and maybe doesn't suck as much as some people think they might.....that what we got tonight was a result.

Put it in your back pocket, learn from your mistakes, come out against Carolina playing a tighter defensive game.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Good for Ottawa! They scored some beauties and deserved the win.

B's started strong but didn't seem fully engaged in the game, for whatever reason. I was surprised they didn't respond to the Sens' recklessness (versus Rask, Bergeron, Marchand). In fact I feel it was this lack of response that emboldened Ottawa. They realized they could skate with abandon out there, without having to think twice.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bruins played a pretty darn good game tonight. Sure they weren't perfect but they played well enough to win on most nights. Pretty impressive performance by Ottawa to overcome the early 2-0 deficit to beat Boston.

Not sure how you can say that. They stopped skating after they got the 2 goal lead and made a ton of errors.Oh well,we didn't really deserve to win last night and did.I thought Bartkowski looked good, probably the best he has skated in a game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I find 30 to 29 pretty telling as well.

Every other gap is about 2ish minutes but the gap between the Bruins and the next team (which I think was Ottawa) is 11 minutes.

There is something wrong in ref land when the gaps are that big.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Also interesting, I would say that Colorado is a quick team and they are 27th on the list. Just kinda shows that being a quick team doesn't necessarily mean power plays

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Also interesting, I would say that Colorado is a quick team and they are 27th on the list. Just kinda shows that being a quick team doesn't necessarily mean power plays

I might get slammed for this but I think teams prone to embellishment get more calls-it isn't fair and I hate the fact that it works but embellishment works.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We can all agree that no matter what happens, the decision (or non decision) on Seidenberg is going to elicit some hilarious reactions.

Heck, it's already gaining steam on the main board.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Welp, that was horrible from my perspective but I apparently missed the best period?

Got home and sat down a few into the second, from what I saw the Bruins had WAY MORE drive and desire to get to pucks and were winning battles.

Then the third started and it quickly went to poop?!?

Maybe not even quickly, the first 5 minutes were OK but the rest of the game was an all out stinker.

Lets hope this was an anomaly.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
"Rask: I was pretty bad out there."

Awww...:(
Ya know, it wouldn't have been so bad if your defense would have helped you out a bit...

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
We can all agree that no matter what happens, the decision (or non decision) on Seidenberg is going to elicit some hilarious reactions.

it should be a game.
kinda reminded me of the ference chicken wing on grabovski

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Welp, that was horrible from my perspective but I apparently missed the best period?

Got home and sat down a few into the second, from what I saw the Bruins had WAY MORE drive and desire to get to pucks and were winning battles.

People keep saying we only played 19 minutes... We were at least 65-35 in the second, maybe 10-90 in the third and probably 90-10 in the first. I think we played better more minutes, we just couldn't capitalise on our plentiful scoring chances, could have had 4 more PP's, one of them 5 on 3, and had a disallowed goal right after which they scored the frigging game-winner.

edit: Then again, we seem to be better off not dominating by any means. Dominated the first period against Toronto, sucked the second. Dominated most of the games in the losses against Colorado, Detroit and New Jersey... Got dominated by San Jose and outplayed by Anaheim and won those.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
I'm suggesting he felt it, took a second to decide what to do, and then embellished big time. That's exactly what it looked like.

Oh, no question there was connection to the jaw and it hurt.

There was also no question that Ryan tried to sell it so bad you'd think Seidenberg should be arrested by Canadian police for assault. Definite embellishment.

So was Ryan acting, no and yes.

2ka RasK*

Ok

Saw the replay on the main board.

Seidenberg should at least get a call from Shanny.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
"Rask: I was pretty bad out there."

Awww...:(
Ya know, it wouldn't have been so bad if your defense would have helped you out a bit...

I find in general Rask is often his worst critic and can be hard on himself. Pretty sure he wasn't pleased with some of those goals and would like a do over. He didn't have it in him to steal this game tonight but he wasn't going to place blame in the D either (although poor puck management and bad turnovers were the theme of this game).

Seids also explained that he was turning to the puck with his stick on the ice when his elbow made contact-no intent but you never know what does or doesn't get looked at.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
only watched after the first.
dont remember the bruins ever having a scoring chance.
maybe soderberg.

seids will get a game for that hit.

still think spooner should be on this team.

The B's could definitely use his speed. Speed is the Achilles heel of this team, quick teams always have a chance to score at any moment.

If we didn't have Tuukka, the lack of speed would be even more of a problem than it actually is. I can't wait to see more from Spooner.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Oh good lord is it ever.

After two posts, I realize why I should never, ever go up there.

Elbow from Seids? Yes.
Tad of a sell job from BR? Yes.

There is no happy medium up there. There are only Heroes and Villians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad