GDT: Gm 15 - Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins/11-6-14/7P ET/NESN, RSN, TVA2, 98.5 FM ‎

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think we're a Perron away from an elite team. Having two Marchands on our top line is incredible in my book. DP brings much needed character to the team as well. Wonder what it would take from Edmonton.

Lucic-Krejci-Perron

Perron is the key to being elite? Sorry, don't mind him as a player but Perron makes nobody elite with all due respect

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Elite isnt the word but the team is definitely better with Perron on it.

Strong on the puck
Physical
Good on the forecheck
Puck skills
Mongrel in him
Confident
and has a nice shot. what isnt to like?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Elite isnt the word but the team is definitely better with Perron on it.

Strong on the puck
Physical
Good on the forecheck
Puck skills
Mongrel in him
Confident
and has a nice shot. what isnt to like?

A stat line which reads 1 goal in 13 games played:)

If i had a nickel for every player the Bruins have traded for, signed or drafted who i felt would be just what they needed and weren't I'd be a wealthy man

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
A stat line which reads 1 goal in 13 games played:)

If i had a nickel for every player the Bruins have traded for, signed or drafted who i felt would be just what they needed and weren't I'd be a wealthy man

I think the team around him may help out with his offense, players thrive in different teams. Maybe its what he needs, could you imagine the feeds from Looch and Krejci with his skill to finish? I think it'd be a dynamite line. But, lines tend to look good when you want them to, only test is the acid test but I just don't see Bs going for Perron. I think we're gonna be disappointed with whatever Chia brings in under the certain cap circumstances

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the team around him may help out with his offense, players thrive in different teams. Maybe its what he needs, could you imagine the feeds from Looch and Krejci with his skill to finish? I think it'd be a dynamite line. But, lines tend to look good when you want them to, only test is the acid test but I just don't see Bs going for Perron. I think we're gonna be disappointed with whatever Chia brings in under the certain cap circumstances

Difference is with the system Julien uses, and the TOI distribution, not sure we can say Perron would be over the top productive

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just watched the game after work... Solid all round effort.... When they mentioned how Benoit Pouliot was the 4th overall draft pick that year I almost died :laugh: Pretty hammered at the time but that cracks me up... If I were to look up the word "bust" in the dictionary his picture should be there

He's one of those players with nice size and some good tools but he has no toolbox what so ever.

Just goes to show you how big a gamble the draft really is. I feel kind of bad for him because he just can't find his hockey niche and he's the kind of player teams sign for a year and don't bother re-signing.

As for the Bruins-Fraser just doesn't impress me-he's okay but not really thrilled with him and that line struggled until Julien shortened the bench and put Kelly back with Yeti.

Griffith I think is rising to the occasion but the first line needs a better winger but he'll do for now.

I'm tired of the team playing like poo the first 30-50 minutes then turning it on because it's just a really bad habit to develop and eventually you play the teams at the top of the leaderboard and that kind of play isn't going to fly.

A Healthy Kelly*

Difference is with the system Julien uses, and the TOI distribution, not sure we can say Perron would be over the top productive

he's a very good finisher. he brings other elements, but in terms of production, i don't think he'd be more offensively productive than say marchand is (or griffth might be playing next to krejci). he's not a better pure finisher than griffith is, but again, he's got other assets.

he doesn't put us over the top. he puts up 25 goals here prob; griffith is capable of that imo.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He's one of those players with nice size and some good tools but he has no toolbox what so ever.

Just goes to show you how big a gamble the draft really is. I feel kind of bad for him because he just can't find his hockey niche and he's the kind of player teams sign for a year and don't bother re-signing.

As for the Bruins-Fraser just doesn't impress me-he's okay but not really thrilled with him and that line struggled until Julien shortened the bench and put Kelly back with Yeti.

Griffith I think is rising to the occasion but the first line needs a better winger but he'll do for now.

I'm tired of the team playing like poo the first 30-50 minutes then turning it on because it's just a really bad habit to develop and eventually you play the teams at the top of the leaderboard and that kind of play isn't going to fly.

You got it brother. It's a gift from the hockey gods that the Bruins are breaking in 3 rookie defensemen against the soft part of the league to boot.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You got it brother. It's a gift from the hockey gods that the Bruins are breaking in 3 rookie defensemen against the soft part of the league to boot.

Even when we had a healthy D, this team was still playing like they are now. We SHOULD be beating teams like the Oilers. I dont have confidence at this moment in time that say we make the playoffs. We wont be going far. I'm not confident in this current group of players. Its painful to watch this so far. I'm hopeful SOMETHING will change but man, watching this team have no grit sucks. No hitting. No setting the tone. Being physical. Quaider not going up to Aulie (I think it was him). We are a better team when we play physical and the fact that we look soft as baby **** is a concern.

Yay we got the win but I dont see any improvements to this team except for the fact Dougie seems to be stepping up to the plate which is great. We cannot play like crap for 50 minutes and expect to wake up and play okay with 10 minutes left. Its unacceptable.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think we're a Perron away from an elite team. Having two Marchands on our top line is incredible in my book. DP brings much needed character to the team as well. Wonder what it would take from Edmonton.

Lucic-Krejci-Perron

Perron is not what this team needs on or off the ice.

There's a reason why St. Louis traded him.

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Had an absolute blast at the game last night! The 3rd period was off the wall. Going to be a little tired at work today.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Even when we had a healthy D, this team was still playing like they are now. We SHOULD be beating teams like the Oilers. I dont have confidence at this moment in time that say we make the playoffs. We wont be going far. I'm not confident in this current group of players. Its painful to watch this so far. I'm hopeful SOMETHING will change but man, watching this team have no grit sucks. No hitting. No setting the tone. Being physical. Quaider not going up to Aulie (I think it was him). We are a better team when we play physical and the fact that we look soft as baby **** is a concern.

Yay we got the win but I dont see any improvements to this team except for the fact Dougie seems to be stepping up to the plate which is great. We cannot play like crap for 50 minutes and expect to wake up and play okay with 10 minutes left. Its unacceptable.

Hard to say as the D was struggling with Seidenberg coming back and Hamilton started erratic,McQuaid with Krug was a train wreck. The present D against weaker teams is doing what it needs to,still having some trouble gaining control in our end. The team lacks energy but some of that might be the amount of time it plays in its own end. No way this team legitimately contends with 3 rookie defensemen and McQuaid as a top 4.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Eberle was awful...anyone still want to pony up 3 big pieces for him?

Bingo, we got bingo. Dude was horrendous last night.

Overall, I thought the B's put forth a sub par effort. They didn't start playing until halfway through the third, and should never have been down to a bad team like the Oilers to start with. It's a pretty regular event though. We always here how they came out flat, or took a while to get going, or played down to their competition, etc. Just for once, I'd have liked to have seen them come out strong and play a consistent game instead of falling behind a bad team instead of scrambling during the last 10 minutes to get back in it.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Man I had missed the first half of this game, just saw the two early whistles the refs blew. LOL

I mean we have weird ref stuff most years, perhaps everyone does. But this year is really bonkers.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Well they started the game out great.. high energy .. had most of the puck possession and were creating chances , then it seemed like they got disinterested.. i agree with most that kelly is a waste on the 4th.. but i still want to see fraser with krejci (when healthy) or spooner, griffith and fraser as a third line that he can do his usual im gonna give them a chance to succeed which in reality means 10 mins a game because a player made one mistake and he doesnt trust them.

my biggest thought from last night is sit krejci . dont need him playing when hes only half the player he should be.. rest him, let this team figure things out without their starts and we will all be better from it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bingo, we got bingo. Dude was horrendous last night.

Overall, I thought the B's put forth a sub par effort. They didn't start playing until halfway through the third, and should never have been down to a bad team like the Oilers to start with. It's a pretty regular event though. We always here how they came out flat, or took a while to get going, or played down to their competition, etc. Just for once, I'd have liked to have seen them come out strong and play a consistent game instead of falling behind a bad team instead of scrambling during the last 10 minutes to get back in it.

They were awful for 50 minutes, and rallied...thankfully they have been playing **** teams...Hopefully the kids get some confidence and when Chara and Krug come back we have some real NHL bonafide depth back there..

I like that they stepped up and finally dominated...seemed like the no goal really inspired them... If they could ever get the lines clicking like they did last night consistently they would be a force night in and night out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad